News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talking about DLP in peoples opinion what is the bare minimum number of days to feel like you have hit all the milestones? Curious about peoples experiences on that.

Talking about DLP in peoples opinion what is the bare minimum number of days to feel like you have hit all the milestones? Curious about peoples experiences on that.

I'd recommend at least 2 days, 1 and a half days for DLP and half a day at Studios.

We're going for 4 nights in 2 weeks time but thats because we got a night free with an offer.

Didn't they do some other Star Wars thing in EPCOT a few years back? Truth be told I'm not a Star Wars fan so I didn't pay much attention. I think it was built up to be a big announcement but was eventually a let down. @rteetz do you remember what I'm talking about?

Didn't they do some other Star Wars thing in EPCOT a few years back? Truth be told I'm not a Star Wars fan so I didn't pay much attention. I think it was built up to be a big announcement but was eventually a let down. @rteetz do you remember what I'm talking about?
Yeah the big Death Star projection on SSE.

Due to repeat work excursions that allowed for several different day trips to DLP this is a difficult question to answer. For the MK, Pirates was worth multiple visits alone. The HM attraction was worth several visits. Ratatouille, in the Studios was memorable. I had a park hopper, so I could do both parks not knowing when I would be able to return. Personal high in step count, nearly 19000 for the day. The shows, like Cinemagic and parades were enjoyable. Crush's Coaster.

One thing to point out, is that one or more were down for maintenance on any given visit. By going more than once, I was able to do most things at least once. DLP is very spread out, so some good shoes to do it in one day is definitely required.

tl;dr: DLP milestones, meaning Rat, Crush, HM, Indiana Jones, Big Thunder, and Pirates can be done in a day. But don't. Because the Rat is worth several rides, BTMRR is too, and HM and Pirates too.

I suppose by having the event at Epcot, instead of DHS, you remove the speculation that you "might" get early access into the new star wars land.

Another part of me also thinks this event has to be planned in advance....and maybe they hoped to give a dvc preview to these folks, but with earlier opening that altered things.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of star wars land related announcement at the event, as you have to assume a huge part of your target audience will be attendance.

......just announced for DVC members, get your exclusive access and early reservation to the new star wars resort. Only $2599/night double occupancy, includes darth vader cupcake.

In all seriousness, you'd have a valuable group of people together to gauge certain ideas.

Now that I think about it.....just the value to Disney as a test kitchen on this event makes sense. Plenty of food booths to take advantage of capacity. Test what food items are a hit and what doesn't sell.

Weird holding this is in Epcot.
Still, it is being held in the World Showplace Pavilion, that big building behind the UK, and they will just have to move the Star War sets like Jabba and Solo in carbonite from the EPCOT parking lot from Rival Run weekend. Maybe they can get more people in there than say Launch Bay or something at DHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter