News Round Up 2020

I know this is a somewhat independent production, but it doesn't bode well for things being closer to normal at WDW (like Christmas parties) until well into 2021.

Who would have thunk that some of us may have to cancel December 2020 or January 2021 trips because it is still restricted?
Oh I expected it. I have a feeling things will be quite restricted for a good bit. Wouldn’t be surprised if through next summer things are still operating like they are now.

That's a big blow to my hope that in a month or two things would be looking up enough for a sizeable bump.

I know its going to keep getting worse until it gets better but for some reason I keep hoping that I'm wrong.

ETA: Which WDW hotels are still closed? I wonder if they will push any of those openings back.
Boardwalk, AKL, POR, POFQ, All-Stars, and Beach Club don’t have opening dates. Yacht opens next week. Poly in October I believe and Art of Animation Nov. 1st.

Boardwalk, AKL, POR, POFQ, All-Stars, and Beach Club don’t have opening dates. Yacht opens next week. Poly in October I believe and Art of Animation Nov. 1st.

Certainly not a hot take, but I have to believe with the UO announcement that those that aren't scheduled with opening dates will stay closed the remainder of the year. :(

I know this is a somewhat independent production, but it doesn't bode well for things being closer to normal at WDW (like Christmas parties) until well into 2021.

Who would have thunk that some of us may have to cancel December 2020 or January 2021 trips because it is still restricted?

Let's be real - the mask restrictions and the park restrictions will be in place for at least 3 months after there's a widely available vaccine. Disney cannot afford to have a outbreak occur centered around the parks. Precautions will last beyond necessity and right now there is no visible end to necessity.

Edit: I could see them even implementing a "Proof of vaccination" requirement once we get to that point.

Let's be real - the mask restrictions and the park restrictions will be in place for at least 3 months after there's a widely available vaccine. Disney cannot afford to have a outbreak occur centered around the parks. Precautions will last beyond necessity and right now there is no visible end to necessity.

Edit: I could see them even implementing a "Proof of vaccination" requirement once we get to that point.

It's not like people are going to be able to get vaccinated whenever they want.

Vaccinations will be given out based on job type (healthcare, etc.), demographics most at risk first, high-risk health groups and then out to the mass public.

If they do that, they may be with a very low customer turnout for months after vaccine too.

On a positive sign- all the Chicago movie theaters that opened today sold out well ahead of time - people are wanting to do stuff again! :)

Certainly not a hot take, but I have to believe with the UO announcement that those that aren't scheduled with opening dates will stay closed the remainder of the year. :(

It's early days. :)

Things change so fast - plans may be to stay closed now, but if demand rises perhaps things will reopen sooner than expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter