• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

Wow something new in Disney IT, must be using some other vendor to host it then. Also not sure how this will help cast members on the phone unless the idea is that they show you your possible vacation if possible instead of just telling you the prices over the phone. Its a good way to make a phone call even longer which means longer wait times on the phone for everyone else.
Per the article they can help guide you around the website and help with "if you run into a problem that a chat or phone call can’t solve". Also per the article they are using "LivePerson to support their chat"; LivePerson being a 3rd party program.

I'm betting in the end more often than not it will end up the CM doing something and the guest not necessarily following along lol

When I worked at the insurance company we used to love when IT (who was stationed in Canada) would take over our screens as it meant a few moments of not having to think very hard. That said it was because they were trying to fix stuff on our computers whereas this with Disney the intent just appears to help visually navigate a guest to something over just verbally describing it.

Sounds kinda like they are trying to have an option on teaching people navigation on WDW's website. That will work for some people who want to learn and do things on their own but for whatever reason are having issues navigating the website. I've always said that WDW's website works great for those who have at least some website navigation skills...by works great I don't mean stability in the userface I just mean navigational.

Per the article they can help guide you around the website and help with "if you run into a problem that a chat or phone call can’t solve". Also per the article they are using "LivePerson to support their chat"; LivePerson being a 3rd party program.

I'm betting in the end more often than not it will end up the CM doing something and the guest not necessarily following along lol

When I worked at the insurance company we used to love when IT (who was stationed in Canada) would take over our screens as it meant a few moments of not having to think very hard. That said it was because they were trying to fix stuff on our computers whereas this with Disney the intent just appears to help visually navigate a guest to something over just verbally describing it.

Sounds kinda like they are trying to have an option on teaching people navigation on WDW's website. That will work for some people who want to learn and do things on their own but for whatever reason are having issues navigating the website. I've always said that WDW's website works great for those who have at least some website navigation skills...by works great I don't mean stability in the userface I just mean navigational.

The question I have is do they think the increased time in interaction will also increase the number of packages \add-ons that are sold and if they do, will they be offering this during high call volume times like when they release free dinning or what not.

Disneys IT has not been the most reliable since they finished with and then replaced most of the internal engineers that were responsible for my disney experience and the magic band system. I am also sure most of us have experienced one time or another one of the many opps something ate the page issues that is common with Disney especially during high call volume times. If cast members then become glorified IT to help customers who are having computer/site problems will they actually be spending time helping answer the questions that drew the customers to the site in the first place. My concern will this actually be a net help for the cast members to help the costumers, or just another thing that has a great potential but in practice comes to be not really what its all cracked up to be costing more time and providing very little in actual returns.

The question I have is do they think the increased time in interaction will also increase the number of packages \add-ons that are sold and if they do, will they be offering this during high call volume times like when they release free dinning or what not.

Disneys IT has not been the most reliable since they finished with and then replaced most of the internal engineers that were responsible for my disney experience and the magic band system. I am also sure most of us have experienced one time or another one of the many opps something ate the page issues that is common with Disney especially during high call volume times. If cast members then become glorified IT to help customers who are having computer/site problems will they actually be spending time helping answer the questions that drew the customers to the site in the first place. My concern will this actually be a net help for the cast members to help the costumers, or just another thing that has a great potential but in practice comes to be not really what its all cracked up to be costing more time and providing very little in actual returns.
Well I don't think that's for us to answer on increased time interaction...Disney is the one putting this in place so I'm sure they are accounting for it. They may have a specialized group of CMs taken out of normal phone routing since this is not on the phone but rather on the screens. You don't often get off the phone at call centers unless you can prove you have higher responsibility levels and knowledge. Usually off the phone is considered a reward lol.

One of the main things I took to heart when I was working for the insurance company is if you can teach the agent (as I dealt with talking to the insurance agents vast majority of the time) to do something in the future that is one less phone call if they can do it on their own.

But time will tell in how it's actually being utilized.

Obviously Disney thinks this is a good enough idea for at least some time given that I'm sure they had to pay for the LivePerson program for X amount of time.

Something to keep in mind is that sometimes higher call volume is because the CM is having to explain stuff to a person on the phone like--like ok go here, you see that ok go to this, click this or whatever.

I guess from my experience I don't have quite the cynical viewpoint.

I think it is all about making the dining plan seem like a better deal
Makes the Annual Pass discounts seem more worth it too .. Heh. 10% off these REALLY expensive meals is a lot of savings.

I am planning on getting my daughter (and only my daughter) an AP for the coming year (June 2020-June 2021) as I think I will probably save a lot of money due to the discounts .. 10% on most TS dining means probably $20/day in savings ..just on one TS meal a day. Add in sovenir discounts, resort discount, parking and the memory maker, the increased cost of the AP is more than made up for (as long as we go a second time within a year).

My boyfriend will make us live at Universal if this is true.
My 8 year old in the last few days saw or heard something about this and he informed me yesterday that this is what is happening no matter what. I told him it wasn't for sure at this point and was politely informed I didn't know what I was talking about. That he and his friends knew for sure it was happening. It cracked me up.

My 8 year old in the last few days saw or heard something about this and he informed yesterday that this is what is happening no matter what. I told him it wasn't for sure at this point and was politely informed I didn't know what I was talking about. That he and his friends knew for sure it was happening. It cracked me up.
There is no source more reliable than a Disney World bus driver or an Uncle that works for Nintendo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter