• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

Per the article they can help guide you around the website and help with "if you run into a problem that a chat or phone call can’t solve". Also per the article they are using "LivePerson to support their chat"; LivePerson being a 3rd party program.

I'm betting in the end more often than not it will end up the CM doing something and the guest not necessarily following along lol

When I worked at the insurance company we used to love when IT (who was stationed in Canada) would take over our screens as it meant a few moments of not having to think very hard. That said it was because they were trying to fix stuff on our computers whereas this with Disney the intent just appears to help visually navigate a guest to something over just verbally describing it.

Sounds kinda like they are trying to have an option on teaching people navigation on WDW's website. That will work for some people who want to learn and do things on their own but for whatever reason are having issues navigating the website. I've always said that WDW's website works great for those who have at least some website navigation skills...by works great I don't mean stability in the userface I just mean navigational.

I never want to see your insurance company's internal website if you think WDW website navigation works great. It is not intuitive at all IMO.

True but at the same time ROTR is bringing in the people/money. I am sure the cuts we will see will be in other areas.

What I dont want to see is extended refurbs because of it. I would hate for them to keep splash down for a bit longer than the normal refurb time just to help lower staffing needs, I mean sure have a few less pop corn carts open and a couple less people staffed behind the scenes but dont keep refurbs going a bit longer to save money

A whole whooping 30 mins for 6 days. Someone better rewrite the quarterly statement.:rolleyes:
Certainly grateful for any extra time the parks are open, but this almost doesn't seem to be worth the effort. Maybe get a few more people in the gift shop.

What I dont want to see is extended refurbs because of it. I would hate for them to keep splash down for a bit longer than the normal refurb time just to help lower staffing needs, I mean sure have a few less pop corn carts open and a couple less people staffed behind the scenes but dont keep refurbs going a bit longer to save money
I'm sure that staff directly related to revenue generation are less likely to be cut back.
Sort of surprised baseline tap house gets shut down early.
I'd think entertaining staff would be the first to be cut, followed by other back of the house support staff.

I'd think entertaining staff would be the first to be cut, followed by other back of the house support staff.
Thats usually it because they make more than frontline CMs. This is where we usually see cuts with meet and greets and stuff like that.

I'm sure that staff directly related to revenue generation are less likely to be cut back.
Sort of surprised baseline tap house gets shut down early.

Oh i would agree but considering how much they have already cut to streetmosphere and other entertainment cast as well as what seems to be a slow decrease in the need for photographers at Disney, those type of in person roles you could typically cut back are already kinda cut. I know Pop corn is a huge profit maker for Disney same with the mickey bars, but since they also tend to give them out for free as part of a party or after hours event, I suspect Disney isnt afraid to make cuts to those type of positions.

Thats usually it because they make more than frontline CMs. This is where we usually see cuts with meet and greets and stuff like that.

And yet we're heading into spring break and Easter season. I mean, yes they could cut some things through February, but you'd have to think they would just need to ramp back up for March/April right after that.

Grateful every day that I found this community. Disney planning basically saved me in 2015 after I lost my mother. Much love to my DIS squad!
Our upcoming trip is the first big family trip we have since dad passed away in March/2017. Seeing my mom so upbeat and happy to go back to the world, saying "he´ll be there with us", helps comfort my heart.

an extra 30 minutes feels like something they'd hoist on to mostly salaried supervisory staff. At the same time, doing their best to reduce overtime pay outs.

Certainly grateful for any extra time the parks are open, but this almost doesn't seem to be worth the effort. Maybe get a few more people in the gift shop.
I am surprised a park like Hollywood studios was even scheduled to close at 8:00pm ... DHS has more ride attractions now than AK or Epcot ..so I feel it should be open pretty late regularly, even during the winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter