• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation that re-appearance of covered kiosk machines in high traffic area of Epcot may signal return to FP. 4 kiosks in a row.

In Adam the Woo's theDailyWoo vlog. Titled Park Hopping is Back at Disney World All 4 Parks in One Day. Date January 2, 2021 at 3:20 marker. Don't think I can link to his vlog per guidelines.

Calling it speculation as don't know that it rises to level of rumour.

Don't know what else the kiosks would be.
Oh I hope not. FP will just really make lines unbearably long.

And by the time September comes, perception and optics will look different than they do now, just as they look different now than they did in July. There’s a very, very, very little chance that Disney doesn’t up their capacity by Oct 1st, and if they’re upping their capacity, so too will Universal, probably even before Disney does. These parks, from reports are not that far off from operating at average daily park attendance. I believe Epcot is even above theirs.

Im not talking upping capacity, youre talking record attendance for HHN, which would mean full capacity. Not gonna happen. It will be popular and crowded, but not a chance it will be business as usual.

Im not talking upping capacity, youre talking record attendance for HHN, which would mean full capacity. Not gonna happen. It will be popular and crowded, but not a chance it will be business as usual.

Maybe not inside the houses, but I dont think they’re going to put restrictions on capacity by then, especially if the vaccination numbers are at a comfortable level across the nation. Neither one of us truly knows what these parks will look like come that time of year. You could be right

I think it's wishful thinking to assume social distancing (and thus reduced capacity) will be gone in this calendar year. And without full capacity, Disney simply won't have the revenue to justify whatever costs are left to complete the new rides or bring back the cancelled shows. We're still in the thick of things; there's a light at the end of this tunnel, but it's very much a way's off.

I think it's wishful thinking to assume social distancing (and thus reduced capacity) will be gone in this calendar year. And without full capacity, Disney simply won't have the revenue to justify whatever costs are left to complete the new rides or bring back the cancelled shows. We're still in the thick of things; there's a light at the end of this tunnel, but it's very much a way's off.

I don't think it will be gone completely, but I do think things will look a LOT different come this fall, including at Disney.

Widespread vaccination should be happening by summer. Fauci predicts (and still does) a return to a degree of normalcy by fall. No reason to believe otherwise in my opinion.

But really, no one knows. I'd rather keep a positive outlook. :)

Last edited:
I don't think it will be gone completely, but I do think things will look a LOT different come this fall, including at Disney.

Widespread vaccination should be happening by summer. Fauci predicts (and still does) a return to a degree of normalcy by fall. No reason to believe otherwise in my opinion.

would be great if Disney gets rid of the maks on oct 1. What a way to celebrate the 50th anniversary. I have a feeling it won’t happen thou.

We arrive in a couple weeks and this (and Rise) is literally the only ride I have never been on in my life...it is either always down when I’m there or we just never had time. I need to ride it!!!!!!

do internet speed tests to see what is faster before seven o’clock. Going through sprint was a lot faster than Disney WiFi. A quarter of a second could mean if you get in or not. Good luck.

Yep all we can do is hope.

do internet speed tests to see what is faster before seven o’clock. Going through sprint was a lot faster than Disney WiFi. A quarter of a second could mean if you get in or not. Good luck.
I was referring to Rock n Roller coaster, but appreciate the Rise tips - I’ve been practicing almost every morning!

I do think things are bad and getting worse and agree that we are a ways off from "normal". However, seeing how they are putting people on rides, I suspect they will be increasing capacity in the parks, including rides and restaurants. If you look at recent photos of Flight of Passage, they are no longer leaving space between people. I think it's a matter of time before they claim that masks are enough, and possibly plexiglass. I think all of this will be done before it's generally considered safe or over. I don't agree with the increases though. They will push it as far as people are willing to accept it.

My fall plans are made with expectations of masks. I think distancing might be reduced further come the fall. You can see it in the attractions (at all theme parks) that distancing isn’t as much of a factor as it was in July. Masks I think will still be around through the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter