Next Group Of Rates Out 6AM Today

I was able to book POFQ in a standard room for our dates in May which is great!

I also currently have a reservation at the Swan that I booked with Priceline. I’m torn between the two . They are almost the same price now. Staying in the Epcot resort area and having access to the Deluxe evening benefits is a big benefit. But I’ve never stayed at POFQ and it looks lovely.

We stayed at the Swan last time and enjoyed it. I’ll talk to the family and see where we land today.
stayed at POFQ, was on my bucket list. Amazing trip, beautiful resort.

2013- free dining (DDP), testing FP+, could pull paper FP too. we did 6-7 character meals for my grand daughters who were turning 3 and 7.
nothing will ever match that trip I don't think.

I know I've seen the "we're almost in orbit" screen before, but I don't actually remember a time given so I'm happy to see the countdown.

Does anyone know if it has to be a package or if the discounts apply to room only? I have tickets from my expired 2020 ticket credit and they didn't combine with my room to make a package. I don't think I can make changes to those without calling, and I don't know if I'm willing to wait another 2+ hours on the phone to talk to someone about trying to get a discount. (If they even exist, because I saw a PP say it doesn't apply to BC, which is where we are staying. Or if there would be any left by the time I get through on the phone.)

I got in, but BC wasn't available (like previous poster stated). Yacht Club was included but no Standard View rooms available, which is what I have at BC, so it wasn't a better deal for me. It does apply to Room Only if anyone else is looking through this thread.

I waited in the queue to switch our April PO... and I get the change offer, it's available, but when I click to apply it I get
400 Bad Request
Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

UGH

I have to think about the options. Without calling I'd have to book one night without the discount, then the others. It would also be a room upgrade, of course. Plus I have a large portion of my current reservation paid off. Some resorts don't have anything for my dates. Disney math involved.

I was surprised to see this discount in this way, honestly. I feel like Disney is already saving at least $20 per person per day on my party without magical express (bus, driver, gas, tolls, insurance, etc), airline check in, and luggage handling.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for any savings, but this is not a discount to me. I'm arriving late July and I'm thinking it will be rack rate across the board for us. We are booked at CBR and I won't be moving if this is what we are offered.

Good luck everyone!

I was surprised to see this discount in this way, honestly. I feel like Disney is already saving at least $20 per person per day on my party without magical express (bus, driver, gas, tolls, insurance, etc), airline check in, and luggage handling.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for any savings, but this is not a discount to me. I'm arriving late July and I'm thinking it will be rack rate across the board for us. We are booked at CBR and I won't be moving if this is what we are offered.

Good luck everyone!
All those things you noted were not Disney's responsibility. They were all outside contractors.

There’s an amazing rate for GDT last week of June and I am DYING to pull the trigger but we’ll have a 2-month-old - would that be crazy? :scared:

These are junk discounts. Anyone happy with this doesn't have perspective of old Disney and also what is also available in the area.
So a savings of $192 PER NIGHT off my AKL savanna view room (8 nights, 1 room) and $156 PER NIGHT off my CSR preferred view rooms (8 nights, 2 rooms) is junk? Lol for our party, it’s a savings of $2790.

Disney isn’t required to discount rooms, I’m thankful that they released any discounts for my time period.

I was able to book POFQ in a standard room for our dates in May which is great!

I also currently have a reservation at the Swan that I booked with Priceline. I’m torn between the two . They are almost the same price now. Staying in the Epcot resort area and having access to the Deluxe evening benefits is a big benefit. But I’ve never stayed at POFQ and it looks lovely.

We stayed at the Swan last time and enjoyed it. I’ll talk to the family and see where we land today.
Nice thing about the Swan is you get the evening EMH. You aren't eligible at POFQ (only the AM 30 minutes), though you are correct, it is lovely.

So a savings of $192 PER NIGHT off my AKL savanna view room (8 nights, 1 room) and $156 PER NIGHT off my CSR preferred view rooms (8 nights, 2 rooms) is junk? Lol for our party, it’s a savings of $2790.

Disney isn’t required to discount rooms, I’m thankful that they released any discounts for my time period.

Yes - Disney's prices are junk compared to what you can really get out there. I think people live in the Disney bubble and they don't really know where they can go and what they can do for the money they would spend at Disney. You can see the world.

Yes - Disney's prices are junk compared to what you can really get out there. I think people live in the Disney bubble and they don't really know where they can go and what they can do for the money they would spend at Disney. You can see the world.
A 2 Queen Park View/Fireworks View room at the Four Seasons Orlando for the same 8 nights I’m staying in May is $11,233 and that is with a promo making 2 of the 8 nights free. $1404 per night….and if it was a non-discounted rate it would be $15,125 or $1890 per night. But sure, AKL Savanna at $617 per night discounted or $809 non-discounted is insane pricing…..

And as far as “seeing the world”, in 2018 I went to London, Dublin (stayed in 5-star hotels in both cities) and Ashford Castle (one of the best hotels in the world) and all our room rates were much more than any Disney hotel rate we’d ever paid. In 2019, we went to Tokyo and tried both the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and a 5-star hotel in the heart of Tokyo. Again, prices that were much higher than a stay at WDW. We thoroughly enjoyed both trips and plan to continue seeing the world. But staying onsite at WDW still has a value for us and the prices are equivalent of good 3 and 4 star hotels elsewhere in the world.

Last edited:
Queue time is over an hour for a limited discount. That's crazy. It's not runDisney or an event ticket. I guess queues are the new normal.

Queue time is over an hour for a limited discount. That's crazy. It's not runDisney or an event ticket. I guess queues are the new normal.

I work professionally in the field of IT, and I, for the life of me, cannot figure out why this continues to be an issue. Disney needs to invest in more server infrastructure to handle these loads when they release a discount. The phones I understand due to lack of Cast Members… but the website too? Seriously?

Disney is one of the few organizations that can get away with forcing people to sit on hold to spend their money.

I wish everyone luck securing the resort they desire with this discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter