No Club Level Discounts

We were CL aficionados for more years than I can remember. When our kids flew the nest, we begrudgingly gave it up. I can't say that we miss it--last stay was 2010 at Polynesian (our favorite). Worked out well since those we had come to know and love over the years had also moved on through retirement or otherwise. We have fond memories. . .

If I remember correctly, our first stay in the early 90s at Polynesian CL was around $230 per night with a Magic Kingdom Club discount. Our final stay in 2010 was, per night, more than our monthly mortgage payment. It was our last hurrah! The picture was our final Polynesian Pout (a tradition we began in the early 90s) in 2010.

We spent more on CL stays than the cost of both of our private college kids' four year educations.View attachment 851315. We could do it because they were full ride scholarship kids thanks to their academic prowess and a paid off mortgage. We wouldn't change a thing because our pleasure (and theirs) was worth it. That said, we will not pay that type of price these days even though we could afford it.

As others have said, we now rent points, stay longer and enjoy our own breakfast, appetizers and drinks within our own time frame and at a much lower price point.
I've been thinking about this post from Tess and how it relates to current day Club Level. We used to go to Poly Cl every year when my kids were little. We loved it. We saw Tess and family several times; we used to see the same families and groups all the time. There was a loyal following.
I agree with Tess, this was in the days of buy 4 get 3 days free and other great deals. We really looked forward to these trips, and they didn't break the bank. We would stay sometimes for ten days!! I feel like ten days at poly club now would be more than a semester of in-state college tuition. It also isn't the same loyal clientele of guests who understand the unwritten club level rules. (No, you can't take the whole tray of sushi)
The last time (within two years) that we were at Poly CL, it was wild. It was crowded. Behaviors of adults and kids
were pretty atrocious. I think this is because all the club levels have become a one night, get your monies worth splurge. It's a tack on at the beginning or end of a trip -- not the trip itself.

It also isn't the same loyal clientele of guests who understand the unwritten club level rules. (No, you can't take the whole tray of sushi)
I think some of this has to do with the truly insane pricing... At over $1,000 a night for a room (plus tax) in SEPTEMBER, I'm sure the prevailing idea is I'm going to take all the cucumber sandwiches and cheap wine I can possibly grab in my hand....

Same time of year not in concierge is somewhere around 600-700 dollars depending on your promotion for a standard room...

Disney has gotten so expensive in general, but I think travel has gotten expensive in general to be honest, and there does seem to be some softening in the Florida market.... I think Universal is going to see a nice bump in their business when the new park opens, and that's going to cause prices everywhere else - and especially at hotels right at Disney or in LBV to need to discount rates more.

Last edited:
We were regular club level people. Coming from out of state 2-3 times a year. With the current prices and all the things they have taken away, plus staff changes post Covid I’m not sure if or when we will go back. We are not all day park people and enjoy relaxing in the lounge and knew a lot of the staff. Our last trip was December 2022.

In 2023 we went to an all inclusive in DR, spent a week at the outer banks, went on a week long cruise, did a long weekend at the cape, Maine, and NYC and spent less than our December 2022 WDW trip.

We are planning other vacations for this year and Disney has not come up in 2025 vacation conversations. I do hope to go back I’m just not sure when and if we do it’s more likely to be a few days tacked onto a cruise or universal.

I've been thinking about this post from Tess and how it relates to current day Club Level. We used to go to Poly Cl every year when my kids were little. We loved it. We saw Tess and family several times; we used to see the same families and groups all the time. There was a loyal following.
I agree with Tess, this was in the days of buy 4 get 3 days free and other great deals. We really looked forward to these trips, and they didn't break the bank. We would stay sometimes for ten days!! I feel like ten days at poly club now would be more than a semester of in-state college tuition. It also isn't the same loyal clientele of guests who understand the unwritten club level rules. (No, you can't take the whole tray of sushi)
The last time (within two years) that we were at Poly CL, it was wild. It was crowded. Behaviors of adults and kids
were pretty atrocious. I think this is because all the club levels have become a one night, get your monies worth splurge. It's a tack on at the beginning or end of a trip -- not the trip itself.

We stopped doing the Poly club in 2011 due to behavior that bordered on Hunger Games-level stupidity. The GF is our favorite and doesn't seem to incur much of the craziness that Hawaii became. But I will say we did the CR last May and that wasn't bad. Maybe the Poly has gotten better?

I had a non-CL deluxe room booked with a BB for December and even that was expensive. Instead I ended up booking a cruise with no airfare needed. It's the same price for 7 nights as for the 3 nights at YC with a BB.

I had a non-CL deluxe room booked with a BB for December and even that was expensive. Instead I ended up booking a cruise with no airfare needed. It's the same price for 7 nights as for the 3 nights at YC with a BB.
Wow!!!

I wonder if Disney will ever restrict the lounge hours from check-in time till check-out time? No more getting two days worth from one night.

They cut the number of guest at the Beach Club CL from five to four. Where else did they do that?

I wonder if Disney will ever restrict the lounge hours from check-in time till check-out time? No more getting two days worth from one night.

They cut the number of guest at the Beach Club CL from five to four. Where else did they do that?

Don’t give them any ideas. 😬 🤫

I think they cut the number of guests at YC also.

I had a particular CL stay booked and I was going to change rooms on the last day to a cheaper resort. I knew I could still use the lounge the last day anyway and it would have saved about $600. Then I thought, this is nuts. And I cancelled.

I really feel like I am being priced out and its ridiculous. We really enjoy club level and it really helps for breakfast as we get ready we grab food quick before the day begins as the rest of my party is getting ready. We are a family of 6. I also enjoy the club level CM's Sorry I know that I sound like I am whining
Can you book a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen, and as others have suggested get a grocery delivery?

Doesn't club level offer daily housekeeping? DVC does not, and rather inconsistently states whether it can be purchased as an add on.

Doesn't club level offer daily housekeeping? DVC does not, and rather inconsistently states whether it can be purchased as an add on.
Yes, all Deluxes and CSR CL have daily housekeeping. DVC does daily housekeeping if you book a cash rate.

I really feel like I am being priced out and it’s ridiculous. We really enjoy club level and it really helps for breakfast as we get ready we grab food quick before the day begins as the rest of my party is getting ready. We are a family of 6. I also enjoy the club level CM's Sorry I know that I sound like I am whining
We all whine sometimes. It’s hard not to when you realize it’s time to let a favorite thing go. It’s not ridiculous of Disney to price you out if they have plenty of others willing to pay more than you are.

I’m in the same disappointed boat about the discounts …but I’ve also been disappointed at the prices lately even with discounts. It was a nice splurge but at rack rate I’ll find other things to fill the void.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter