No doubt travel will take a hit from Europe and Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee54

Registered
Will the street down 460 today and travel fears just ramped up. Disney will feel the heat in the United States. I know Free Dinning dates will open up for all. Look for greater availability. Lots of cancellation s.

Okaaay. Still baffled by the vagueness. Sorry, not simple enough for me
Why are no foreign visitors coming?

well going by the UK Disney forum I am a member of, there is a huge amount of planning threads for Walt Disney World in summer 2020. So if they are travel planning, there is a huge amount of Europeans not on Disney forums planning their trips to Wlt Disney World too.

With the virus spreading all over China and China Disney closed people are afraid to travel. Case in point is hotel stocks and airlines took a direct hit.

well going by the UK Disney forum I am a member of, there is a huge amount of planning threads for Walt Disney World in summer 2020. So if they are travel planning, there is a huge amount of Europeans not on Disney forums planning their trips to Wlt Disney World too.
Wait and see. More cases of the virus now reported in new Jersey.

The coronavirus that was recently discovered in China and is spreading elsewhere will likely stifle travel both foreign and domestic. Wall Street dropped over 400 points today on fears of a global business slowdown due to the new disease.
Yes. Someone that gets it. Major travel deals coming.

Yes. Someone that gets it. Major travel deals coming.
The coronavirus that was recently discovered in China and is spreading elsewhere will likely stifle travel both foreign and domestic. Wall Street dropped over 400 points today on fears of a global business slowdown due to the new disease.
And this translates to Florida how? Y'all act like this is the first widespread illness out there.
All I can say is read the wall Street journal
But you are sharing all the info I need.

It will only get worse . We're not over by any means.

With the virus spreading all over China and China Disney closed people are afraid to travel. Case in point is hotel stocks and airlines took a direct hit.

really now, I doubt that people from Europe will stop travelling to American and American Disney Parks due to whats happening in China. You seem to have a very poor understanding of the travel and tourism industry

Counterpoint: because Disney Shanghai and Hong Kong are closed and because the virus is associated more with China, more people who would consider an international trip to go to a Disney Park will travel to the US or Paris instead.

Look, who knows. It’s early.

V
Will the street down 460 today and travel fears just ramped up. Disney will feel the heat in the United States. I know Free Dinning dates will open up for all. Look for greater availability. Lots of cancellation s.
I understand now, but I didn't understand "will the street down 460 .". I know it was a simple typo, but it took me a second too @AngiTN

I wonder if the same happened with Ebola and SARS before it calmed down a bit.

We're not over by any means.

You must have a very short memory related to worldwide epidemics. Or selective one.
I don't know what you read or listen to but this is far worse and it's spreading rapidly. Stock markets are reacting to the virus and today just proved it.

Stock markets do not react to viruses....
What people may react to (and thereby trading) is the mass hysteria that the media and by extension, social media, promulgates. Does anyone remember the swine flu in 2009? People catch viruses all day every single day. I think it is early days to say "this is far worse." People may cancel trips, but I do not think it will be some mass exodus from Disney Parks in the U.S. versus the epicenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter