No water at Bay Lake Tower

I believe the water outage in total went from 04:00 to 10:30, I think this is the time water started to come back to the majority of rooms. It only returned to ours at 11ish. This was the last full day of our holiday and delayed us substantially, I don’t know the impacts for others but for us it caused a lot of issue and delay which we didn’t need for our last day. When we returned to the room we had a note and contacted management as suggested in this.

This current situation
But it's not current. The water had been restored about 46 hours before the quoted post.

Yes, being without water is an inconvenience. I had no water two consecutive days this week, six hours one day and at least seven the next. That was inconvenient, and it was planned (at least day one).

Stuff happens. I'm betting Disney didn't turn off the water intentionally, and certainly not at that time of day and with no notice.

But it's not current. The water had been restored about 46 hours before the quoted post.

Yes, being without water is an inconvenience. I had no water two consecutive days this week, six hours one day and at least seven the next. That was inconvenient, and it was planned (at least day one).

Stuff happens. I'm betting Disney didn't turn off the water intentionally, and certainly not at that time of day and with no notice.
I should have said the subject situation 😂 I didn’t mean to suggest it was still going on so many hours later. I didn’t think anyone would interpret it that way.

The very least Disney should do in these situations is to give guests some sort of pass or even a room at another resort. Then they could shower, use the toilet, and get ready for the day.

The very least Disney should do in these situations is to give guests some sort of pass or even a room at another resort. Then they could shower, use the toilet, and get ready for the day.
Does WDW even have 1,100 extra rooms on property that weren't being used? I'd agree that something more than an apology and a couple of chocolate squares would be appropriate, but let's at least keep it in the realm of feasibility. I don't think a park ticket would be asking for the moon in that situation, doesn't cost Disney much, but can be very valuable to the guest.

Does WDW even have 1,100 extra rooms on property that weren't being used? I'd agree that something more than an apology and a couple of chocolate squares would be appropriate, but let's at least keep it in the realm of feasibility. I don't think a park ticket would be asking for the moon in that situation, doesn't cost Disney much, but can be very valuable to the guest.

A park ticket wouldn't fix the immediate problem of no running water. Shifting a guest to another resort even for the day would.

Do the spas, gyms and pools have showers/ changing rooms?

Aside from shower/ toilets, there was also no water for any food prep. Anyone get free coffee or anything from food court?

A park ticket wouldn't fix the immediate problem of no running water. Shifting a guest to another resort even for the day would.
Nothing is going to fix the immediate problem of no running water. Where are you coming up with 1,100 other resort rooms that these guests could be shifted to?

Maybe my family and I are just more flexible than some, but I wouldn't have a problem going one morning without a shower, especially since at Disney we are probably showering at night. I have a medical condition that would make it more problematic for me to be without water, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Where do you expect Disney to find potentially 1,100 clean and empty rooms? How long do you think it would take to:
  1. Determine the rooms
  2. Inform the affected guests that they are being moved for an as yet undetermined period.
  3. Argue with guests who don't want to move to "that" resort - whatever it is.
  4. Wait for the guest to determine what to bring with them.
  5. Move the guests.
Since most guests aren't awake at the 4 AM onset (as cited above by a severely affected guest) and would likely not choose to be woken at five-ish, by the time it would have all been resolved, the water would have been back on and clear.

Just wanted to post a reminder.... to cycle through any wash machine before placing clothes into launder. The water will be bad whenever and wherever water is temporarily turned off. This just happened to me with new white pillowcases... and neighbor below had plumbing issue and did not bother to notify maintenace.

Moving guests who have not requested it would probably be a waste of time and pretty challenging.

Compensation in some form would be appropriate, IMO. Water and chocolates is laughable. Since a large number of guests would have been on points, some not even their own, I think a gift card in the rooms instead of the small token they got would have been better.

It doesn’t matter if they didn’t turn the water off on purpose, their paying guests lost water in the rooms for a significant amount of time, a company focused on guest experience should be apologizing for that with something that’s actually meaningful.

Moving guests who have not requested it would probably be a waste of time and pretty challenging.

Compensation in some form would be appropriate, IMO. Water and chocolates is laughable. Since a large number of guests would have been on points, some not even their own, I think a gift card in the rooms instead of the small token they got would have been better.

It doesn’t matter if they didn’t turn the water off on purpose, their paying guests lost water in the rooms for a significant amount of time, a company focused on guest experience should be apologizing for that with something that’s actually meaningful.
This, I would understand that it was unavoidable, and the recompense I would hope for would be commensurate with the disruption I felt, but, for me, being without water, especially at one of the most water use heavy times of my day is something that would really stress me out and have a huge impact on my holiday. I would not be angry, because I do see that these things happen, but, in terms of customer care, I would really need something significant and relevant to make me feel better, because it really would have a serious impact on my day and actually colour my feeling towards my holiday.

Where do you expect Disney to find potentially 1,100 clean and empty rooms? How long do you think it would take to:
  1. Determine the rooms
  2. Inform the affected guests that they are being moved for an as yet undetermined period.
  3. Argue with guests who don't want to move to "that" resort - whatever it is.
  4. Wait for the guest to determine what to bring with them.
  5. Move the guests.
Since most guests aren't awake at the 4 AM onset (as cited above by a severely affected guest) and would likely not choose to be woken at five-ish, by the time it would have all been resolved, the water would have been back on and clear.

I would expect them to move guests who found it to be a problem, that is what I would expect. And offer the option of using a room at another resort. Or even the use of a spa. Come on. That shouldn't be too hard for them to do. A few keystrokes on a computer. Three other resorts are only a few minutes away.

I am not willing to give them a pass on this one.

And yet another guest said it was 11 am, and at that time the water was dirty. So much more than an hour.

I would expect them to move guests who found it to be a problem, that is what I would expect. And offer the option of using a room at another resort. Or even the use of a spa. Come on. That shouldn't be too hard for them to do. A few keystrokes on a computer. Three other resorts are only a few minutes away.

I am not willing to give them a pass on this one.
But you're not answering the questions with anything that can actually be done. You're assuming that those three resorts have empty rooms ready for occupancy that haven't already been assigned. I don't think anyone here is giving them a pass, but expecting them to do something that is logistically impossible is not realistic.

And yet another guest said it was 11 am, and at that time the water was dirty. So much more than an hour.
Yes, I'm aware it was more than an hour. My "even five" comment meant that, while the problem started at 4 AM, most guests aren't awake that early, aren't even awake at five, Maybe some were awake by six. Nobody wants to be awakened at four in the morning, even to be notified of a water outage. Even if BLT had started searching for available rooms when the first determined it couldn't be fixed immediately, it's not reasonable to expect them to be able to
  • find new rooms
  • notify all BLT guests
  • determine which BLT guests want/need/demand to be moved
  • move (all) those guests
in what turned out to be seven hours all told, despite few, if any, guests even being aware of any problem the first couple of hours. And as I said, I was without any water for six hours Wednesday, and at least seven hours Thursday. The water runs clear after maybe five minutes.

I can only imagine what the guests leaving Thursday thought about having no running water right up to check out time. A bit more than a slight inconvenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter