November '08 ~ What Do You Mean It's Over? Should we plan another???

Awww! You are only about an hour from me! My DH used to work at the main Verizon site in Cranberry and I used to go to Glade Run in Zelienople all the time for work!

That is neat! We have only been in the Cranberry area for 2 months, and like it.

Jo

JoBird,

Yup, changed the dates to the first week of December. The best part really is that I get to plan a some sort of secret surprise for my moms birthday.

A spinning head can be no fun. But just keep reminding yourself why your head is spining: a trip to WDW!!! I email my mom the Allears website so she could pick a couple of restaurants for dinner. THAT got her head spinning. She immediatley called me after reading the email, screaming (in a funny way) "Jessica, why are we doing this now. We aren't going for a year!!!" Both of her daughters have this disease where we aren't happy unless we have a trip planned to WDW, and she still doesn't really get it.

I do have a question for all of who are planning so far in advance: since most airlines don't publish flights for a year in advance, when do you start even thinking about your flights?

**i have been constantly listening to mousehouse radio to feed my addiction and pass the time. But it is just not working; I have WDW on the brain 24/7 now and its all I can think about, even though it is more than a year till we go!!!!**

I know whast you mean about having Disney on the brain 24/7! I have it too! My DH thinks I am nuts. If he only knew what all is involved in planning a trip! Right now I have done all I can do, though (as far as I know). This is my first time planning, and I am using this time up to the 180 day mark to do my research. Unfortunately, Southwest Airlines do not post their flight info until 6 months in advance, too. I am waiting for it and then will jump as soon as the flights come up. Southwest is the only airlines out of Pittsburgh that have flights to Orlando, so I NEED to get this flight. I really want a nonstop flight, so I am in the wait right now. If I were you, I would keep on it and book your flight as soon as you can, so you can guarantee that you have one. Rooms, ADR's, and all the planning in the world mean nothing unless you have a way to get there!

JoBird,

Yup, changed the dates to the first week of December. The best part really is that I get to plan a some sort of secret surprise for my moms birthday.

A spinning head can be no fun. But just keep reminding yourself why your head is spining: a trip to WDW!!! I email my mom the Allears website so she could pick a couple of restaurants for dinner. THAT got her head spinning. She immediatley called me after reading the email, screaming (in a funny way) "Jessica, why are we doing this now. We aren't going for a year!!!" Both of her daughters have this disease where we aren't happy unless we have a trip planned to WDW, and she still doesn't really get it.

I do have a question for all of who are planning so far in advance: since most airlines don't publish flights for a year in advance, when do you start even thinking about your flights?

**i have been constantly listening to mousehouse radio to feed my addiction and pass the time. But it is just not working; I have WDW on the brain 24/7 now and its all I can think about, even though it is more than a year till we go!!!!**

Swummy,
ah, I love the planning part of the vacation. when DH gave the okay for this one next November, he said the best apart about it was getting to see my excitement for the next year.:)

He actually doesn't do much for the vacation other than fund it, but we have been enough times now that he trusts me and goes along with all of my insanity.;)

Have you ever eaten at California Grill on top of the Contemporary? We ate there for the first time in May and I loved it. If you haven't been, look into it for your Mom's B-day. We went on Mother's day and I timed it so that we were watching Wishes! over the castle as we were eating. They pipe in the music, so it's very beautiful. Not many kids there, either. a few, but more grown ups. Ask for a window seat to overlook the MK.

Jo

Firechick~

In May I flew out of Pittsburgh on Southwest for...are you ready for this????

$39 each way!!!! It was a nonstop flight. Left out of here at 7 am. At 9:30 we were pulling into Orlando. We checked in to POFQ, put our luggage into the room and were in the MK by 11:30.

Keep looking as it gets closer. They only give out a few cheap seats at a time.

Jo

Firechick~

In May I flew out of Pittsburgh on Southwest for...are you ready for this????

$39 each way!!!! It was a nonstop flight. Left out of here at 7 am. At 9:30 we were pulling into Orlando. We checked in to POFQ, put our luggage into the room and were in the MK by 11:30.

Keep looking as it gets closer. They only give out a few cheap seats at a time.

Jo

OMG!!! What a deal that was!! The basic rate is $300 round trip! Was that one of those "DING" notices? (Something I have never heard of until coming to this forum!)

OMG!!! What a deal that was!! The basic rate is $300 round trip! Was that one of those "DING" notices? (Something I have never heard of until coming to this forum!)

If you keep an eye on the Transportation forum here, there will be rumors flying as your day gets closer. Check, recheck, check, recheck. I jumped on the flights; within minutes, it was gone. Must be quick!

Also, this was leaving on a Tuesday, I think. If you travel during the week, it's cheaper!

Jo

Also, this was leaving on a Tuesday, I think. If you travel during the week, it's cheaper!

Jo

I thought so too, about it being cheaper on a Tuesday, so I experimented a little on the Southwest website. I put in Tuesday to Tuesday, Sunday to Sunday, and Friday to Sunday, ( I just used December for the example) and they were all the same price!

I just booked! POFQ! So excited!

The reservationist I spoke with was super. Just like they used to be. I have had some unhelpful ones in the past, but this guy was awesome.

Jo

JoBird,

Your California Girll idea has intrigued me. Last year we ate at Narcoosees, timed to watch Wishes. We absolutely loved that, so that was what I was considering. BUT, there always has to be a but doesn't there, we were on the DDP last year, which was one of the reasons we splurged for the lobster!! Now with all the changes, I am not sure we are going to do the DDP, and if we do I want to go the Deluxe way. The benefit of that would we could still do Narcoosees for the lobster, but we could try California Grill for the birthday. But the amount of food is killing me just thinking about it, but I know that if it is already paid for and I just make the ressies, my mom cant say anything. I guess I better do some number crunching!!!

I just booked! POFQ! So excited!

The reservationist I spoke with was super. Just like they used to be. I have had some unhelpful ones in the past, but this guy was awesome.

Jo

HOORAY!! Congratulations! So, what dates did you decide on?

JoBird,

Your California Girll idea has intrigued me. Last year we ate at Narcoosees, timed to watch Wishes. We absolutely loved that, so that was what I was considering. BUT, there always has to be a but doesn't there, we were on the DDP last year, which was one of the reasons we splurged for the lobster!! Now with all the changes, I am not sure we are going to do the DDP, and if we do I want to go the Deluxe way. The benefit of that would we could still do Narcoosees for the lobster, but we could try California Grill for the birthday. But the amount of food is killing me just thinking about it, but I know that if it is already paid for and I just make the ressies, my mom cant say anything. I guess I better do some number crunching!!!

Well, we were on the DDP too. It takes 2 TS credits at CG. If you like sushi, I have heard it's some of the best around. I don't care for it, but DH said it was wonderful.

I had the steak there, and it was the best one I had all week.

We haven't eaten at Narcoosee's, so I can't give you a comparison. I would eat at both places.

The view from CG is the best in all the resort. They have a balcony off of the restaurant if you want to walk outside during Wishes. WE chose not to because our food would have gotten cold. But the view. Oh my. Even when the fireworks weren't going off, the castle was beautiful.

Just eat everywhere, til you can't move anymore.:laughing:

Jo

It's official! I just booked POR Nov 1-8 thru AAA this morning:woohoo:
Looks like it's going to be Dh and I, with our 3 oldest kids, and the baby will stay home with Grandpa & Grandma. Let the planning begin:banana: I guess I should let my husband know I booked the trip :rotfl:

YAY!!!!!!!!!

You will be there for Thanksgiving! How fun! Where will you stay?

Jo

Probably POR. I need to get reservations still. I was debating on the family suite at ASMu, but it says none are available at that time. But I sure would have loved the extra bathroom.

It's official! I just booked POR Nov 1-8 thru AAA this morning:woohoo:
Looks like it's going to be Dh and I, with our 3 oldest kids, and the baby will stay home with Grandpa & Grandma. Let the planning begin:banana: I guess I should let my husband know I booked the trip :rotfl:

Yay for you!:goodvibes

Personally, I think the planning part is the bestest part of the whole darn thing.:banana:

We have never stayed at POR, (just POFQ) but it is beautiful over there. One morning on a solo walk, I encountered a mama goose and her goslings, then the daddy flew in. It was so cute to watch them all hurry along, not even realizing that they lived in the coolest place ever.:laughing:

Did you request a certain building in Alligator Bayou?

Jo

Probably POR. I need to get reservations still. I was debating on the family suite at ASMu, but it says none are available at that time. But I sure would have loved the extra bathroom.

Could you get two rooms, connecting? That way you'd have two bathrooms and double the space.:banana:

They GUARANTEE connecting rooms to families when the children out number the parents.:laughing:

Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter