November '08 ~ What Do You Mean It's Over? Should we plan another???

Oh gosh, we have such a long time to go!

It's been snowing off and on here since yesterday. Nothing is sticking, it's just bitterly cold.

I am so glad we all have trips to plan to get us through the winter!

Jo

Could you get two rooms, connecting? That way you'd have two bathrooms and double the space.:banana:

They GUARANTEE connecting rooms to families when the children out number the parents.:laughing:

Jo

Yeah, I am going to check on that too. But I think DH has decided he wants to stay at POR. I'm just happy he is having an opinion...LOL

Did you request a certain building in Alligator Bayou?

Jo[/QUOTE]

No, I was just so excited to be booking the trip I didn't even ask! I did it over the phone as I had one DS home with the stomach flu:sick: and I was bribing the baby with cheese puffs to get thru the call, whatever works to get the trip booked:yay:

I have never stayed at POR, just Beach Club, Value, Off Site-Nick Hotel. Can AAA request a certain building for me?

We were trying to decide between Poly and POR but decided to put the extra $ towards airfare this time.

Did you request a certain building in Alligator Bayou?

Jo

No, I was just so excited to be booking the trip I didn't even ask! I did it over the phone as I had one DS home with the stomach flu:sick: and I was bribing the baby with cheese puffs to get thru the call, whatever works to get the trip booked:yay:

I have never stayed at POR, just Beach Club, Value, Off Site-Nick Hotel. Can AAA request a certain building for me?

We were trying to decide between Poly and POR but decided to put the extra $ towards airfare this time.
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they can. I'll try to find out the building # that I have heard is close to stuff and is good.

I'll report back in a bit.

Jo

Just bumping this up to see if we have any more fellow November 2008travelers.......

:banana:

Jo

Has anyone stayed at the ASMovies? If so, what building is closest to the bus stop? Is that the best one to ask for? I didn't realize we could ask which building we could be in. When I booked mine, I forgot to ask, and I called Disney to let them know we wanted to stay in the Dalmatians building, but the CM said they assign rooms when we get there. Is this wrong? Also, is the Dalmatians building OK to stay in?

Hey Firechick~

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=6778927#post6778927

This thread might help you out with ASM.

You can request a certain building, or even a room number. I always do. however, they won't guarantee it. The room #'s are usually assigned a couple of weeks in advance, so the CM you spoke to MIGHT have been having a bad day.:rolleyes1

I would definitely call back and request that a building be put on your reservation. Then, when you check in, the front desk could be "reminded", albeit gently, of your request.:goodvibes

HTH,

JO

:scared1:

The nerve of some people!;)

:laughing:

Just kidding. We watched the game last week. It was so good.
Sorry you guys didn't pull it out. We were rooting for you.

Jo

thanks. I wasn't home (I was at a big craft thing with my sisters) but several of the vendors had the game on radios at their booths. I thought we were gonna win, but doggone it...We flubbed it up!

Thanks for the link JoBird! I'm going to have to call them back and request a room. It sounds like the 101 Dalmatian building is right in the middle of the hotel area. Is this true? Is it a long way to walk to the bus stop? I can't tell from the thread, but I do see that there are a couple of buildings in front of it. I wonder if we should request Fantasia instead? My 4 year old LOVES Dalmatians, though.

Hey Firechick~

I have never stayed at ASM, however, in looking at that thread, I see that Dalmations, Toy Story and Fantasia are all Preferred buildings. Which means more money per night. Did you request Standard or Preferred? What does your reservation say? They are all three close to the Pool, Bus stop Food court and arcade.

You have to remember that these resorts are very large, and in saying "close" it still means you have a bit of a walk. You just are a bit closer than some of the other buildings.

Jo

Yes, we asked for a preferred room. I was just wondering in general. I read that if you stay at the Mighty Ducks building, which is right next to the 101 building, it is actually closer if you walk to the ASMusic bus stop. I think I'll start a poll on the resorts board to see which building people prefer there.

thanks. I wasn't home (I was at a big craft thing with my sisters) but several of the vendors had the game on radios at their booths. I thought we were gonna win, but doggone it...We flubbed it up!

Well, our season was going great until we played Auburn...:)

And then LSU

And then Georgia

:laughing:

JO

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Doing some happy dances....we're going to WDW on 11/29-12/3 and then we're boarding DCL (Wonder) on 12/4-12/7. Currently there are 10 in our party...we're trying to talk a few more people into going with us, so we may have even a larger party!! The more the merrier!!!!!

Welcome Debbie (luckymomoftwo)!! Congratulations on booking your trip! Isn't it exciting? Is this your first? I was at WDW one time in 86 so I don't count it at all (can't remember much about it anyway). We will be there a few weeks before you.

Welcome Debbie (luckymomoftwo)!! Congratulations on booking your trip! Isn't it exciting? Is this your first? I was at WDW one time in 86 so I don't count it at all (can't remember much about it anyway). We will be there a few weeks before you.

Thank you!!! The only thing more exciting than booking the trip is planning the trip. And the only thing more exciting than planning the trip is actually arriving there!!!!! :yay:

No, this is not my first trip to WDW or DCL. We've gone (on average) once a year since 1993. This will be my BIL's first trip to WDW and his parents are coming as well. I don't know if his parents have ever been to WDW, but it will be their first time on DCL. I'm so excited to be taking first timer's!!

I'm jealous....you don't have to wait as long to go! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter