November 2017 pre trip and trip reports

We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there Just watch the Bandit run

In this case, it's Snowman.

8.5 mpg huh? Honestly, with that big and heavy a camper that really isn't that bad. I only get about 9.7 pulling mine, and my trailer is a good bit smaller.

Damn! I gotta go get some more popcorn!

Dang randy will just miss you. Was hoping to tour that new trailer. Sounds like you might need a new truck now. Well this will be fun a fun week. I get to get ready for Disney and get updates from randy.

Thanks for the pics Terri. I was been trying to decide on Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party. I did finally get a ressie for the cake decorating at Disney Springs. I have been stalking it daily for our two week trip and nothing was available but last night I got 11/30. Can't wait I really wanted to do that.

In this case, it's Snowman.

8.5 mpg huh? Honestly, with that big and heavy a camper that really isn't that bad. I only get about 9.7 pulling mine, and my trailer is a good bit smaller.

Damn! I gotta go get some more popcorn!
So is that rest stop where he's going to walk Fred. Hit the local Choke and Puke shove some groceries down his throat, get into an altercation with some Biker types and run their rides over or stop to pick up Frog, AKA Carrie, in her wedding gown

Well we made to the rest area on I75 at MM 346 at 4 am, after a hour stop stop at the Busy Bee truckstop off I10 in Live Oak, yall coming down 75 throigh Ga are missing out, this is the cleanest coolest littler truck stop I've seen, ok time to hit the road...
200w.gif haven' seen to many cops....

I can't wait to see what site they fit him in.

My guess is the 300 loop is probably out...

After our morning walk to the WL we headed over to Epcot to eat ourselves around the world. DS goal was to eat something from each kiosk, well we didn't quite make it, lol. It amazing how full you can get just eating sample size portions. This was the busiest I have seen it in years, especially at 11 am and in the rain! Luckily the rain was light and didn't last long. After we headed over to MK to watch the flag ceremony. I think we rode more Disney transportation today than we have in past trips combined. Boat, monorail, monorail, monorail, boat, boat, bus. Don't ask, let's just say we probably didn't take the fasted most direct route to any destination, lol.
View attachment 282900 View attachment 282901 View attachment 282902 View attachment 282903 View attachment 282905 View attachment 282906 View attachment 282907 View attachment 282908 View attachment 282909 View attachment 282910

Great pics. Like how you're taking care of the locals as well.

Well we made it here around 10ish, stopped for breakfast and some shopping at the Wildwood Chrome Shop, we ended up in site 125..... nah I'm kidding Ed, we're in site 860, pretty nice site. It's on the right side so one pull up was required, think I disappointed a few folks watching. It' a little over casted with a sprinkle here and there, got the truck parked under my tree in my spot in the overflow, about to finish setting up outside, plus if I can get the pics to upload I have a surrise for my fellow Alabama fans...

Welcome home indeed is good to be at the Fort again.

Dang randy will just miss you. Was hoping to tour that new trailer. Sounds like you might need a new truck now. Well this will be fun a fun week. I get to get ready for Disney and get updates from randy.

Thanks for the pics Terri. I was been trying to decide on Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party. I did finally get a ressie for the cake decorating at Disney Springs. I have been stalking it daily for our two week trip and nothing was available but last night I got 11/30. Can't wait I really wanted to do that.

Cake decorating sounds fun, didn't even know about that. Will have to look into it for our December trip.

Cloudy day today but we didn't let it stop us from enjoying AK. Did the Pandora boat ride, Everest and the safari . We saw more animals up and about than many trips before, maybe the weather had something to do with it. We have always enjoyed Flame Tree BBQ, but this time it was really good Had the baked macaroni and cheese with pulled pork. This was no kraft mac and cheese, it was the real deal with lots of pork. Side note, as I am typing this, we have a dinner guest, a rabbit is sitting right next to us eating his dinner . Third day, third park, boy I am really feeling my age, right now it is only 5:30 and I could really just crash .
IMG_0849.JPG IMG_0850.JPG IMG_0851.JPG IMG_0852.JPG IMG_0853.JPG IMG_0854.JPG IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0856.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0857.JPG
    IMG_0857.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 2
To sum up it's been a great trip. Site had its good ( remote, quiet, lots of wildlife visited) and bad ( lots of mosquitoes and uneven with slopes) points. Weather for the three days was different each day, had one day that was perfect, one that was rainy and one that was cloudy and windy, but that's Florida. Bought my first ever poncho and used the Fort dryers for the first time. Took me a few minutes to figure out the operation of the dryers, and you have to have your magic band to get in. Also credit or debit card only, no cash accepted. Well that's all for now, headed down to the food truck to get some dinner and then pack a few things to make tomorrow easier. Will see you all back here in December.

Randy,

Get job on sneaking this trip on us. Sounds like the trip went well and you got a great loop.

Terri,

Thanks for the pics and updates.

j

Seconded about the mosquitos. If you're planning on being out at your site at night, you'll definitely want bug spray. We let a couple of the kids sleep in the car for a bit but forgot the bug spray... looks like they have chicken pox on the legs now. The Fort gave out DEET wipes and I bought some picaridin spray; both seem to work fine.

Seconded about the mosquitos. If you're planning on being out at your site at night, you'll definitely want bug spray. We let a couple of the kids sleep in the car for a bit but forgot the bug spray... looks like they have chicken pox on the legs now. The Fort gave out DEET wipes and I bought some picaridin spray; both seem to work fine.

Man, hate to hear that. Mosquitoes are so annoying.

Well leave it to me to forget my socks at home so off to Wally World, so after see some other campers with Christmas decorations up, we decided to follow suit, it isn't much but I think it looks ok.
20171113_133232.jpg

About to sred over to Disney Springs...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter