November/December 2008?

Booked POFQ 11/28 to Dec 6th Big Family trip (7) I am so excited. How are the crowds? Anything special I should know of? What should I plan?

Light crowds. Nice weather. Very managable. Short ride waits, some of the E rides may have a little longer waits.

I think everyone should try Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at least once.

Making Advanced Dinning Reservations for places you want to eat adds to the experience. That's a whole nother world of planning.:lmao:

Plan days in which parks based on Extra Magic Hours. You get more playing time.

That's just off the top of my head.

The big decision has finally been made! We are heading to WDW Dec 6-11 and staying at AKL. :cool1: :santa:

It is the same week that we went last year, so hopefully we will have the same crowd level. It ended up being a very nice, non crowded trip. My kids are so excited and they haven't even found out where we are staying yet. We are going to have a savannah room view and I think that will be really neat.

I can't wait to get to know you all!

Kelley

The big decision has finally been made! We are heading to WDW Dec 6-11 and staying at AKL. :cool1: :santa:

It is the same week that we went last year, so hopefully we will have the same crowd level. It ended up being a very nice, non crowded trip. My kids are so excited and they haven't even found out where we are staying yet. We are going to have a savannah room view and I think that will be really neat.

I can't wait to get to know you all!

Kelley

:welcome:

Your room and view sound nice.

We're going Nov 30-Dec 13th!!! Staying off-site the first week and then at Beach Club the 2nd week! This is our 2nd trip ever so very excited. Our kids will be just shy of 5 and a little over 2! The 5 year old went when he was 19 months so doesn't remember much. We live in CA so go to DL often though.

Has anyone guessed at what the park hours will be during this time? I'm trying to start my planning spreadsheet and having a hard time with figuring out the early and late hours in particular!

Alison

The park hours for us December folk come out in 37 days. Then I have 12 days to plan it all out before I can call to make adr's on June 13th.

Can you tell I'm a tad bit excited. :rolleyes1 :cheer2:

I guess that IS right around the corner and since we're off-site the first week we don't get to take advantage of that 10 day advanced window to make reservations for the first week.

I've been playing with the historical hours and trying to figure out when EMH are and guessing hours since my 180 day window will occur very shortly after the calendar comes up. I thought maybe someone had already done that and could share. I think I've got it now though.

I'm just wondering if MK hours change from Sunday night (as they are currently) to Monday night since Sunday is the Very Merry Christmas Party?

The park hours for us December folk come out in 37 days. Then I have 12 days to plan it all out before I can call to make adr's on June 13th.

Can you tell I'm a tad bit excited. :rolleyes1 :cheer2:

I'm excited too! I'll only have 4 days to finalize my plans:scared1:

I thought there was a 10 day lee way if you were staying on property. Am I right? Then I can make my ADR's on June 3rd? 190 days?

Well be there 12/2-12/9 POR WHOOO WHOOO.

Could someone please tell me when I can call for my ADR's? Is it 180 or 190?
Anyone have and ADR calculator?

We just set our dates! We are leaving early morning November 29 and leaving the evening of the 6th of December. We're driving it this time unless I see a good ding fare. (then we'd have to rent a car down there anyway....so still a $400+ extra cost)

This is the first trip for my husband and my daughters. Can you believe his parents never took him anywhere? WoW! (I went twice a year to Disney as a teenager....and first trip was in 89....he's never even gone camping)
I plan on starting my 2 yr old potty training on Monday (she's ready...just want her to have her own) so hopefully she'll be potty trained by Disney-time.
I haven't told them when we're going, and I am not planning on it. They do know however that they are going to Disney sometime "next year"

Well be there 12/2-12/9 POR WHOOO WHOOO.

Could someone please tell me when I can call for my ADR's? Is it 180 or 190?
Anyone have and ADR calculator?

It's 180+10, which means, at your 180 day mark you can make all of your ADR's for your entire stay (up to 10 days in advanced) if you are staying on property and that way you don't have to call back each day. You can do it all on the first day.

I called dinning today and that's what I was told.:goodvibes

Hi All...count us in for Nov...staying GF Nov 23-28 :wizard:

I am going to go back to the beginning of this thread to catch up....
:flower3:

Wow this group is growing!! :thumbsup2

We are confirmed Dec 20-27! We will be staying at ASM Dec 20-21 then the rest of the grand gathering will arrive and we'll meet up with them at the Contemporary Dec 21-27! :cool1:

I'll be going Nov 9-15 2008, yay! Super excited! The actual purpose is business trip and the company's putting me at an offsite hotel, but hey, won't complain!

Hi everyone,
Myself ,hubby ,grand father and 4 yr old son are heading off to December 1st to the 15th.We are staying at ASM.I will be celebrating my B Day on the 2nd,going to a character dinner at Chef Mickeys.It is the first time for myself and son to have gone there.Especially excited because I am originally from New Zealand!I have no idea what to expect but there seems so much planning involved.I hope you do not mind me joining in here.
hugs kt

Count me in :yay: I love going in December, I am booked at the CSR for 12/2-12/9. When I booked the CM gave me my date to make my ADRs, she told me June 7th. I'll be going solo so I will only make a few reservations, definately the tea at the GF and probably a dinner or lunch at the Plaza in the MK.

november and december! come join us!

click the link at the bottom of my siggie!!

teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter