October 11-18, 2008 Eastern Magic-Parrothead Pirates in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather every where is soo messed up.. We are looking at a good old fashioned N'oreater for tonight late and tomorrow all day..UGH!!!!

For our last cruise meet thread we set up a web site with all of everyone's infor. email addresses, etc. on it.. Anyone would be interested in having that information I would happy to set it up again.....We even put up pictures to share as well it was really great!!!!!!

For our last cruise meet thread we set up a web site with all of everyone's infor. email addresses, etc. on it.. Anyone would be interested in having that information I would happy to set it up again.....We even put up pictures to share as well it was really great!!!!!![/QUOTE]

That sounds great! The last thread I was involved with, didn't even meet.
I was probably the most active poster! I can't even keep up with you guys!:yay: Its going to be great to have each other to anticipate this Magical trip together!:banana:

I'm waiting on a call back from your TA. Thanks for the help.
Carmen

For our last cruise meet thread we set up a web site with all of everyone's infor. email addresses, etc. on it.. Anyone would be interested in having that information I would happy to set it up again.....We even put up pictures to share as well it was really great!!!!!!

That sounds great! The last thread I was involved with, didn't even meet.
I was probably the most active poster! I can't even keep up with you guys!:yay: Its going to be great to have each other to anticipate this Magical trip together!:banana:

I'm waiting on a call back from your TA. Thanks for the help.
Carmen[/QUOTE]

Carmen,

We had a meet and even had a group photo taken then we emailed it out to everyone when we got home. We also ordered t-shirts and bracelets that we all wore to the port.. It being Halloween tooo we had our own Dis trick and treat. it was a huge success...
If others are interested I can start working on it.. It was fun to see what everyone looked liked ahead of time. We had pictures of our vacations and everything... I can send anyone the link if they would like to see it...

Hey Everyone,

I am going to try this one more time to see that I get it right LOL!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY :love:

Tonya

I will start working on getting the site uploaded and then I will let you know when I need email addresses etc.....

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!

Hey -
We definitely need a list. We had a list for our last cruise and it got really long. We also had a dismeet on saturday after board but before the party at Goofy's near the mickey pool. It was awesome to meet everyone. Plus we had one person do the lime green mickey faces on everyone's door and we had lime green bracelets. It was fun b/c we saw each other all over the ship.

Kristen,
I would love to see the link to your last cruise website.

While I am thinking about multiple cruises, was the second cruise as good as the first? I'm trying not to build it up too much to my folks (although I think thats too late!) I'd be interested in anyones opinions on this.

I hope everyones warm tonight!:santa: It is cold here!

Carmen

:love: :love: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love: :love:

Hope everyone is warm.. We had a bad storm today..
Been working on the web site a bit. Anyone good with computers who would want to help a bit...????

Hope everyone had a good week. Ours was ok but glad it is the weekend. We were on the 3rd page of this forum, can't have that. Those guys on the 8/17/08 cruise are up to 24,000 replies and they still have 18 months to go. They must stay on there all day and night. Kristen I can help as much as I'm able with the website. I don't know much about that kind of thing but it will be nice to have that available to us.

Steve

I am clueless on doing websites. I don't want to get to involved here yet, until I pin dh down. I will be way more disappointed if I become so attached. Does that sound awful? I got him to watch the DVD last Sunday, so hopefully this weekend I can get him to commit one way or the other!! Wish me luck!

I spend all evening tonight picking up girls scout cookies and sorting them, I am cookie mom. Ugh, not my choice for a Friday night.

Dd 11 also got braces today, so it might be a rough weekend. But it's supposed to be 32 on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve,
Thanks for the offer. If you PM me your email I will send you the link and what I have thus far. I can send you the one we did too for our last cruise. I would love to have music to our site like we did for our last cruise. We had the horn of the Magic playing on our site it was neat. But I can not seem to figure out how to load it up again. Thanks again,

Erika,
I soo hope you guys decide to come.. It will be soo much fun. I hope your daughter feels better with her braces and all...

I can not wait for the cruise it seems soo far off. Did you hear the Magic had a fire onboard this week???!!!!

Hey everyone,

It has been a while since I have been on. I was just reading about the website. That sounds great so count us in. It is my DS birthday. He had a group of boys stay over night. They stayed up all night playing video games! I didn't get much sleep.:surfweb: Well, their parents should be picking them up soon. Sounds like everyone is pretty tried of the cold. I know I am!! I just wish we were going on the cruise a little sooner! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Jamie:)

Jamie,

Sounds like you will need a nap today. With the sleep over and all.. But sounds like they all had fun!!!!:thumbsup2 :banana:

We are trying to get ready for swimming lessons and we are all too cold and do not want to go...LOL!!! So DH is taking them....:cool1: :cool1:

I will work some more on the web site this weekend... Hope all is well with everyone.

Trying to figure out a summer vacation for us. We are looking into going to ST. Thomas for a week. So I have been busy with that.

Kristin

Hello all! You can add us to the cruise list! We booked on board in October '06! We love cruising in October. The last cruise was Special Western, Double Dip, this will be our first Eastern. Have done the Wonder once and the Magic once, so this is our 3rd cruise. Booked rooms 7119 and 7121. Our Crew of Castaways are Me, DH and 2 sons, they'll be 11 and 13 at cruise time! Our last cruise we had a list and tshirts and doorsigns and tokens of all sorts! We are looking foward to meeting you all!!

Welcome!!!

This will be our third cruise as well but, we have only done the eastern one it seems to be our favorite! On the cruise will be me,DH,DS &DD. DS will be 12 and DD will be 13. What is the list that you had the last time did I miss somehting.

Again welcome I must go I have to leave to play bunco tonight with the girls, so until next time.

Have a great weekend!

Tonya

Hello all! You can add us to the cruise list! We booked on board in October '06! We love cruising in October. The last cruise was Special Western, Double Dip, this will be our first Eastern. Have done the Wonder once and the Magic once, so this is our 3rd cruise. Booked rooms 7119 and 7121. Our Crew of Castaways are Me, DH and 2 sons, they'll be 11 and 13 at cruise time! Our last cruise we had a list and tshirts and doorsigns and tokens of all sorts! We are looking foward to meeting you all!!

WELCOME WELCOME... We were on a cruise to in Oct. 06. The Halloween one. I wish DCL was offering a Double Dip but a Western too... I would have loved that...Perfect, it sounds!!

I love the idea of doorsigns tooo. That would be neat if we could organize that too.. We had t-shirts too for our last cruise.. How did you guys get the t-shirts. Last time we had people design a few designs then we all voted on our favorites...

I do not know if you read about it. But we are going to creat a web site to keep all of our info. and ideas on...

Tonya, Have fun Bunko is great fun!!!

Disney is actually having a double dip in October, but it's the last week...over Halloween. The kids won't have any days off of school that week, where as this trip falls over Columbus Day.
I was not involved with too much of the planning of the last cruise. We cruised with some WONDERFUL people who just got things done! The gal that did the Tshirts knew a guy locally. Two other folks designed the shirts and she had them made. Another guy designed the door signs and we printed them at home. Eveyone brought something to represent where they were from. One lady brought salt water taffy as she was from the coast, another made a pin with a penny as she was from Ill, another made a music CD for everyone, another brought pencils that had the cruise date on it....the token things were SO nice and in abundance! We all met on Deck 9 to over look the pools and enjoy the sailaway party together and exchange are "gifts". Tshirts were mailed out ahead of time so they could be washed, packed and worn onto the ship the day we departed. Several had cruised together before and had dinner tables together. It was just SO nice to be able to sit at the pool and "know" someone! At the Cozumel Beach Break we had SO much fun! It was like our own personal party since we knew so many people! As for the list, there was one fellow that was The Keeper of the List, and you would email your info to him and he would keep track of it in a spread sheet. Every few months he would email it out to everyone. It had your screen name, real names, email, cabin #, dinner time and if you were celebrating. Ours would be
WDWCrazzyCunninghams WVAvalancheClub@aol.com/Steve, Michele, Colton 13, Connor 11/ 7119 & 7121 L (Late dining, M would be Main Dining)/No Celebration
Like I said this was in a spread sheet form, so the / would really be the separate boxes of the sheet.
Another fellow hosted a website that we could go to and chat about the upcoming cruise. It was nice because the information was separated into catagories....excursions in Cozumel, excursions in Costa Maya, show your photos, sharing limos, etc. Of course another website is NOT necessary, but it was nice. Maybe we could use the first page to start a list for now, and as the list grows, then maybe we could have an emailed list.
Phew! Thanks for the welcomes and I guess I have rambled on tonight! :rolleyes1 Let the planning begin!:banana:

Eveyone brought something to represent where they were from.

Hmmm, being from Minnesota what would I bring, snow? LOL. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I didn't realize this was over Columbus Day that year. Very interesting. We plan our trips around our teachers conventions because the kids get Thurs and Friday off. But, we usually get Columbus Day off also, but the call is some other reason instead. I wonder if there is any chance we'll have 3 days off that week, that would be excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter