October 2015 PTR: a “Halloweenie” and her Fearless Companion conquer their first HHN!

We are safe and sound in Buffalo :) . Traffic was surprisingly good considering it was the start of a holiday weekend (Thanksgiving here in the Great White North). We took the 407 and breezed right across Toronto. Virtually no wait at the border (we crossed at Queenston Lewiston for the first time....its where the GPS took us) and we were on our way in a flash. The only traffic snarls we encountered were in Buffalo itself, and they were pretty minimal.

Our hotel is pretty much unchanged from when we last stayed here in 2012. Certainly nice and quiet, at least so far. Not sure I will get much shut-eye tonight or not, but it sure helps where there's no one running amok in the hallway.

We ended up nixing our plans for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. The wait was ridiculously long. We ended up dining at Smokey Bones (just across from the Walden Galleria Mall) and what a great choice it turned out to be (@schumigirl , I thought of you when we saw it....knowing your family enjoys it so much made it easy to decide to give it a try). I can't wait to show you all the pic of Steve's burger. Oh. My. God. :faint:

I was considering waddling down to the pool and hot tub, but I think I'll take a pass. I don't want to haul wet swimsuits in the luggage. It will be early to bed anyway.....that wake up call comes before the crack of dawn.

12 hours from now, we'll be in the air!! :thumbsup2

@Lynne G , safe travels to you on Sunday. You must be gettin' excited!!

Glad you enjoyed Smokey Bones Gina.........has never disappointed us!

We had the create your own burger few years ago, before I did any trip reports........wow.......biggest burger I ever saw and I only added jalapeños, bacon and onions........lol........was delicious though........

Smokey Bones is not too far away from you in Orlando..........you have to go........lush food!

Hope you are settled in and enjoying your condo.

Just got most of my bag packed. Went over all my info I need, and ready to chill.

Sounds like you had a great dinner in Buffalo, and glad to hear not much traffic. It was crazy around where I live with all the soccer tournaments going on. I feel bad I am going to miss day two of DD's games. Oh well. She is in good hands with her coaches.

Ready for some warm weather!

I hope you have a wonderful flight with no motion/air sickness!!

Quick question if you have time...my boys want to eat at Gash House! Any advice for coupons or money savings offers??

Enjoy your well earned vacation

I hope you have a wonderful flight with no motion/air sickness!!

Quick question if you have time...my boys want to eat at Gash House! Any advice for coupons or money savings offers??

Enjoy your well earned vacation

Our Hash House A Go Go vouchers were purchased off of Travelzoo, and so far they were the only discounts we've seen for that location (we've kept looking ever since that offer ended, but so far....nothin' more).

If I happen to see a new discount extended, I will be sure to let you know!! I am always watching Travelzoo, Livingsocial and Groupon, so hopefully something will pop up before your trip.

Yeah Gina you guys are on your trip right now! I haven't been on disboards for a while been very very busy. But I'm so glad I checked in and I am catching the beginning of your trip report!
You and Steve have a great time I can't wait to hear everything!

Whew! Guess who just spent a big chunk of Thanksgiving Day ('mercuns all say whaaa?) catching up on 12 pages of PTR. Figured you were down there and I better get caught up; the pic of Steveo's burger on Facebook this morning spurred me on. And congratulations on your growing Minion family.

Sorry to have been absent for so long! I've been reading a steady 10 pages behind, but never able to catch up. DIS is usually my guilty lunchtime pleasure at the office, but lately I've been so busy that lunch often gets compressed to 15 minutes. And after work time has been way too busy with family stuff, vacation stuff, kids stuff, etc to spend time on DIS. Kind of looking forward to a bit of a slowdown as the weather cools. Maybe I can keep up with the main TR once you get back.

Hope you and Steve are having a great time. You should be at the meet at Margaritaville just about now. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Enjoy the rest of your trip. I'll try to be a more attentive reader when you return :)

Hi everyone, just checking in. We're enjoying a leisurely morning after our first MNSSHP last night. Thought you might want a little preview of how we looked while you await our full TR:

We had a fantastic time, and are really looking forward to round 2 on Friday!

Tonight is HHN at Universal, with our Scareactor Dining Experience to kick it all off. Steve is super excited and I'm absolutely terrified lol!

Weather has been spectacular so far. Other than a brief thunderstorm on the day we arrived, we have had nothing but sunshine. Fingers crossed that it stays that way for the balance of the week.

We are having an absolute blast, but time is going by wayyyy too fast!

I just got the most lovely and generous gift from one of my bosses.

He came into the office this morning, and handed me a small brown envelope. On it, he had written "Christmas came early this year".....and inside was $300 in US cash (which with the exchange rate would have cost him $400 Canadian).

When my mouth fell open, he says to me "I just want you to know how much you're appreciated around here. Go have an incredible trip."

I think he's in line for Employer of the Year ::yes:: .

wow, what a nice gift! I would be drink a lot of butterbeer with that LOL :p Bummer on not eating at Cheesecake Factory, cause I know you really really wanted that CHEESEcake ;)

Hi everyone, just checking in. We're enjoying a leisurely morning after our first MNSSHP last night. Thought you might want a little preview of how we looked while you await our full TR:

We had a fantastic time, and are really looking forward to round 2 on Friday!

Tonight is HHN at Universal, with our Scareactor Dining Experience to kick it all off. Steve is super excited and I'm absolutely terrified lol!

Weather has been spectacular so far. Other than a brief thunderstorm on the day we arrived, we have had nothing but sunshine. Fingers crossed that it stays that way for the balance of the week.

We are having an absolute blast, but time is going by wayyyy too fast!

You guys look great! Love the costumes, can't wait to read the official report when you get back and see all the pictures! Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter