October 2015 PTR: a “Halloweenie” and her Fearless Companion conquer their first HHN!

Halloween Horror Nights was absolutely awesome!! Terrifying in all the right ways, and so much more well done than I had expected. The Scareactor Dining Experience and VIP Tours were both fantastic, and well worth the added costs. The Usher had to be our favourite of the night.....he was incredibly in character and so creepy!

You guys look great! So glad to hear you've having a nice time. I can't wait to hear all the details. I'm glad you made it out alive from HHN! ;)

Love your costumes, you both look great!!! That usher does look creepy. Glad you're having a great time, can't wait to hear all the details. But in the meantime enjoy every minute while you're down there which I know you both are! Have a great time at the party tonight guys.

Well, our Florida portion of the trip is rapidly coming to a close. We will check out of the Vistana in just a few minutes and head out to enjoy our final day in Orlando. We don't have to be to the airport until 3:30 pm so we have a good portion of time to soak up some sun and warmth before heading back to the frosty north. I hear its cold at home......its going to be tough to adjust to after the week we have just spent!

Last night's MNSSHP was as good as the first (perhaps even better). The weather has been just spectacular the entire week, as good as we enjoyed in May. We have really, REALLY enjoyed the Halloween events at Disney and Universal......enough so that Steve is already talking about using our second Vistana week for October 2016 (he's already planning costumes for next year's MNSSHP :woohoo:).

Once we're back in Buffalo later tonight, we'll spend one final night in Niagara Falls before heading back home on Sunday morning (rested and refreshed for the long drive....we are pretty bleary eyed today after a late night last night and an early start this morning). I must admit, I am looking forward to seeing my boy tomorrow....I have missed that kiddo!

I am trying not to be too sad its over. Christmas is just around the corner. :santa:

Glad you had a great trip! I was interested to see how your MNSSHP parties turned out, because I know it got some mixed reviews the first night. But it sounds like they were great, yay! So it sounds like you guys found a new favorite time of year to visit? :goodvibes

Safe journey home, looking forward to your trip report :surfweb:

Glad you had a great trip! I was interested to see how your MNSSHP parties turned out, because I know it got some mixed reviews the first night. But it sounds like they were great, yay! So it sounds like you guys found a new favorite time of year to visit? :goodvibes

Safe journey home, looking forward to your trip report :surfweb:

We are definitely quite smitten with the October season ::yes:: . May was equally as awesome (comparably fantastic weather) but had lower crowds on the whole. October, however, had the Halloween events...which were absolutely fantastic. So its a draw as to which one we liked best :goodvibes .

I can't say enough good about the MNSSHP's. Our only complaint is that Disney food is really quite disappointing....Dole Whips excluded :blush: (those are our official Disney go-to treat......they balance out our Universal Butterbeer indulgences :rotfl:). Beyond the crappy dining (The Plaza was "okay", but nothing I'd run back to....and Pinnochio Village Haus was awful) the parties were superb!

I just caught all up in one day! I haven't been on the Dis in months. We have no Florida trips on our Horizon right now and I spent most of the summer planning our August trip to Pigeon Forge so I was just kind of out of the Florida/Disney loop. But, just today I thought to myself- I think Gina was going to Orlando in October- maybe I should check and see if she decided to do a PTR since I so enjoy your reports. I was so delighted to see I had some reading for this cold Saturday afternoon. You will be in my state tonight and I am sorry to tell you that it has been snowing off and on in upstate NY today. Don't know if Buffalo will get the white stuff tonight too. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip and the fun fall events. I wish so much we could get there at this time of year but being a teacher I'm at the mercy of the school calendar and I don't know when that will ever happen.

I just caught all up in one day! I haven't been on the Dis in months. We have no Florida trips on our Horizon right now and I spent most of the summer planning our August trip to Pigeon Forge so I was just kind of out of the Florida/Disney loop. But, just today I thought to myself- I think Gina was going to Orlando in October- maybe I should check and see if she decided to do a PTR since I so enjoy your reports. I was so delighted to see I had some reading for this cold Saturday afternoon. You will be in my state tonight and I am sorry to tell you that it has been snowing off and on in upstate NY today. Don't know if Buffalo will get the white stuff tonight too. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip and the fun fall events. I wish so much we could get there at this time of year but being a teacher I'm at the mercy of the school calendar and I don't know when that will ever happen.

We had heard about the snow :sad2: ... we are currently on the plane (yay for Jetblue's free Fly-Fi! :cheer2:) and the pilot made the announcement just before take-off that it was only 41 degrees in Buffalo. I almost wanted to cry. I briefly considered pleading for refugee status but didn't figure I would get very far :rotfl: .

How did you enjoy Pigeon Forge? My parents went there years ago (after us kids had all grown) and thought it was great.

Speaking of my parents, today is the fifth anniversary of my dad's passing. It's a tough day to be away from home, as I would have liked to have been able to visit his grave. Since we're not home (and my siblings, it seems, are useless) Jake took my Mom out for lunch and then to the cemetery to mark the occasion. So for now, I will pay a short tribute to the most amazing father. Gone too soon, and forever missed. Love ya, Dad.

Hi Gina
So sorry about the anniversary of you dads death. God bless. Looking forward to reading your trip report . They are always an excellent read. Also - loved your ptr and fabulous pictures. Safe trip home.

Just got all caught up on your Florida updates. Your costumes look great. Anxious to hear all about your mnsshp. I always wonder if Disney's hard ticket events are worth the price but it seems like they always have great reviews. I would love to check it out someday when my boys are a but older and stay up past 8 ;) But horror nights..not so much haha. Returning to cold weather is never fun. We are in Ohio so not quite as chilly as you get, but everytime we return from our February Florida trip I always shed a tear or two walking out of the airport. My favorite trip was when we gained 70+ degrees in one day..that was amazing!! I'm sorry about the anniversary of your father's passing. I lost my mother 4 years ago, I miss her everyday. I'm glad Jake was able to take your mother, what a kind and thoughtful heart he has. Have a safe journey home.

:hug: Gina,

I'm so sorry about the anniversary of your father's passing. Hugs and prayers for you and your family. :grouphug:

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! Safe travels!

So sorry about your Dad. I hate the idea of getting older and possibly losing my parents. I don't know what I what do without them even though I am grown. So sweet of Jake to take care of your Mom and it is clear how much you and your husband and son cherish her.

I had been to Pigeon Forge twice before I met my husband but it had been 7+ years ago and I was so excited to take my kids and husband this time. I had so much fun planning the trip and even took a page from your book and did some groupons. We LOVED it there. I love the south and am truly always wanting to move back somewhere south as I went to college in Kentucky. The pace was so slow and relaxing and in a lot of ways it reminded me of Myrtle Beach. I think you would very much enjoy both places as there is so much to do and so many great places to eat, much like Orlando. Lots of time shares and options of places to stay as well. I can't say enough great things about Tennessee and it was a nice break from Disney. I am not sure when we will be heading back to Orlando- we ended up renting out some of our DVC points because we weren't going to get there this year or probably next. I am hoping to go somewhere this Spring or Summer but don't think it will be Disney.

Well, we are home (arrived just in time to have lunch with our boy :) ). We've spent the afternoon and evening unpacking, sorting, and putting Jake's "bachelor pad" back to Mom's standards ;) . He did a great job keeping things ship-shape in our absence (yes, the kid even had the floors vacuumed in preparation for our arrival) but it still missed a woman's touch. Yeah, I'll admit it, I suffer from a bit of a cleaning OCD.

When we left Orlando yesterday afternoon, it was a beautiful 89 degrees and sunshiny awesome. When we landed in Buffalo last night, it was 39 degrees :cold: and raining. Thankfully, the snow showers (yes, you read that correctly!) had ended just prior to the arrival of our flight, and it had changed to just a damp drizzle for the short drive to Niagara Falls.

That blast of cold as we de-planed was enough to make me want to cry. Sigh. Have I mentioned how much I despise our northern climate? :rolleyes2

So, the countdown is now on to the next adventure....our next trip begins exactly two months from today! :cool1: I will try to get my full trip report up and started within the next week, just as soon as I'm able to edit the first batch of photos and also get caught back up at work. I'm guessing my desk is a certified disaster area by now!!

We had heard about the snow :sad2: ... we are currently on the plane (yay for Jetblue's free Fly-Fi! :cheer2:) and the pilot made the announcement just before take-off that it was only 41 degrees in Buffalo. I almost wanted to cry. I briefly considered pleading for refugee status but didn't figure I would get very far :rotfl: .

How did you enjoy Pigeon Forge? My parents went there years ago (after us kids had all grown) and thought it was great.

Speaking of my parents, today is the fifth anniversary of my dad's passing. It's a tough day to be away from home, as I would have liked to have been able to visit his grave. Since we're not home (and my siblings, it seems, are useless) Jake took my Mom out for lunch and then to the cemetery to mark the occasion. So for now, I will pay a short tribute to the most amazing father. Gone too soon, and forever missed. Love ya, Dad.

What a beautiful picture! You both look so happy, lots of love there, I can see it :grouphug:

Welcome back Gina!!! I can't wait to read about your newest adventures! I laughed out loud at your description of Jake's cleaning. I didn't realize how particular I was until I started leaving dd alone while we went on weekends away. She does a great job but I always have to wait until she leaves and fix it my way. I would never tell her that though lol. ;)

Welcome back Gina! Going to get totally caught up later today (going to be my treat to myself after getting sadly neglected errands done)-marching band season and soccer season over for this year so I can breathe again. Thanks for your sweet offer of the antenna topper-I actually found a replacement on Amazon...and then her antenna broke completely off LOL.

From the skimming I did looks like a really fabulous time!!

This week here in SW Missouri we have upper 70 to 80 degree weather (25-27 celsius) and sunny-last gasp of summer/fall before the cold arrives next week. glad you got home safely before the cold/wet/frozen yuck did damage. But yay! to only 2 months til warm again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter