October 26th, 2022 - 5-Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise from New York to Bermuda

NickE

Earning My Ears
Starting a thread for the October 26th Halloween on the High Seas cruise from New York to Bermuda!

Took us a half-hour to get through the Sunday night Midnight Check-in Madness, but we ended up in Boarding Group 3 (11:00am) -- so we're happy about that!

As of today, with 25 days to go, we're still at GTY with no cabin assignment, and our check-in is still "Pending Review." If you're in the same boat (hah!), no worries. This happens.

We've paid the Bermuda Shakedown Fee, we've got our Halloween costumes and door magnets ready, booked our Royal Gathering, and gotten our bivalent booster and flu shot. We've even checked the train time into the city.

Who else is coming?!?

Starting a thread for the October 26th Halloween on the High Seas cruise from New York to Bermuda!

Took us a half-hour to get through the Sunday night Midnight Check-in Madness, but we ended up in Boarding Group 3 (11:00am) -- so we're happy about that!

As of today, with 25 days to go, we're still at GTY with no cabin assignment, and our check-in is still "Pending Review." If you're in the same boat (hah!), no worries. This happens.

We've paid the Bermuda Shakedown Fee, we've got our Halloween costumes and door magnets ready, booked our Royal Gathering, and gotten our bivalent booster and flu shot. We've even checked the train time into the city.

Who else is coming?!?
Hello. Getting super excited now with only 23 days to go! Gave up after a half-hour of trying to check-in and decided to do it first thing in the morning. Still managed to get in the 12pm boarding group which is good for us since we have a roughly 3-4 hour drive in to port.

Also GTY with no cabin assignment and crossing our fingers that our waitlist for 1st seating at dinner comes through before we board.

Will begrudgingly pay the Bermuda fee tonight, pirate costumes are already packed and all Halloween costumes will come in by the end of the week. We are avid board gamers so I'm definitely packing some games for the boat.

This will be the 7th cruise for my husband and I, but our first with Disney. Excited to see how it compares to the other lines we've been on. It'll be my little guy's (4&1/2) second cruise and he is super excited for the kid's club.

Hello. Getting super excited now with only 23 days to go! Gave up after a half-hour of trying to check-in and decided to do it first thing in the morning. Still managed to get in the 12pm boarding group which is good for us since we have a roughly 3-4 hour drive in to port.

Also GTY with no cabin assignment and crossing our fingers that our waitlist for 1st seating at dinner comes through before we board.

Will begrudgingly pay the Bermuda fee tonight, pirate costumes are already packed and all Halloween costumes will come in by the end of the week. We are avid board gamers so I'm definitely packing some games for the boat.

This will be the 7th cruise for my husband and I, but our first with Disney. Excited to see how it compares to the other lines we've been on. It'll be my little guy's (4&1/2) second cruise and he is super excited for the kid's club.
Welcome!

Yep, we're also still GTY, still Pending. I don't think they mail out the luggage tags until you're assigned a cabin, so here's hoping it's soon.

I honestly don't know if there will be BOTH a Pirates In the Caribbean Party AND a Mickey's Mouse-querade Party, but like you, we're bringing costumes for both. And although I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers, I'm hearing hints about some very cool surprises.

You shouldn't have a problem with dinner seating! If you don't get it before the cruise, you'll be on the boat early enough to hit up Guest Services, who will send you to a table they've set up in Lumiere's to handle these requests. They had no problem doing it for us last April on the Vancouver-Hawaii cruise.

** 19 days to go, still no cabin assignment, no luggage tags, no Bermuda Travel Authorization approval, DCL online check-in still "Pending Review" ... **

Last edited:

Same here. Still GTY, Bermuda Travel authorization and Check-in pending, but already super excited… :tigger:

Cabin assignment and Safe Passage completed. Now we wait for Bermuda Authorization and Online Check-in Pending Review.

I got 2 out of 3 Bermuda authorizations approved yesterday. Only waiting on the one for my 4 year old.

Boarding Group 27!!! Since we only booked the cruise 4 days prior to sailing, we got a 2:15 PAT :( What do you think about arriving at the NYC terminal earlier? Rumors? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Boarding Group 27!!! Since we only booked the cruise 4 days prior to sailing, we got a 2:15 PAT :( What do you think about arriving at the NYC terminal earlier? Rumors? Thoughts?

We just returned from the Oct 16th sailing. You can keep checking to see if you can move your PAT earlier. I kept seeing earlier times pop up for our sailing. They will hold you outside the terminal in a line and call out PAT to enter. They were allowing us to enter only 15min before our PAT.

We got our Bermuda authorizations and our luggage tags, both yesterday! In the app, our Online Check-In is still showing "Pending Review," even though we got an email a few days ago that stated "Your Online Check-In information has been reviewed and verified." We'll clear that up on Wednesday at the port...

Just confirming, if we're fully vaccinated we DON'T need to get tested before the cruise, correct?

We just returned from the Oct 16th sailing. You can keep checking to see if you can move your PAT earlier. I kept seeing earlier times pop up for our sailing. They will hold you outside the terminal in a line and call out PAT to enter. They were allowing us to enter only 15min before our PAT.
Thank you! Where do you check exactly? :) I'll go back through the check-in process to see if the times are any different.

Last edited:
We got our Bermuda authorizations and our luggage tags, both yesterday! In the app, our Online Check-In is still showing "Pending Review," even though we got an email a few days ago that stated "Your Online Check-In information has been reviewed and verified." We'll clear that up on Wednesday at the port...

Just confirming, if we're fully vaccinated we DON'T need to get tested before the cruise, correct?
That's what it says, including "Disney Cruise Line will no longer require Guests to be vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing. This policy will apply to Disney Magic sailings beginning October 26, 2022."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter