*Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Runners' Thread!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how many weeks Galloway's training plan for the Goofy is? It's not up on the run Disney site. Trying to plan.

Does anyone have any trip reports or blogs from previous full marathons? I'd love to read about it!

Anybody tried to get a Boston Qualifying time at the Disney Marathon? That is going to be my goal for the 2013, just wondering inf anyone else has tried it with any success?

Congrats on getting started! Don't worry about the setback. Just keep moving forward!

Welcome and good luck! :goodvibes

Thank you for the welcome!!! I'm finally feeling on the upswing, so getting back into activity. Not quite ready to run yet, but definitely gonna be moving!

April 10th is when the registration will open for marathon weekend.

I know I wasn't the one that asked, but thanks for this info! Got my calendar marked!!!!!

RunRookie...I'm in for 2013! I'm the one who accosted you in the Epcot parking lot, I think before the half this year, because I recognized you from your avatar.
I was injured going in to Goofy this year, and had to stop during the marathon. So I guess I need to go back this coming year! That's the plan, at least. Injury is better...training for tri season, which is why it was important that I not injure myself further by trying to complete the marathon in January.

Waiting for registration to open......seems like it was earlier last year?

Awesome! It sounds like we will have a good team of WISHers going Goofy/Dopey in 2013! Running with friends will make the miles go by faster!

Anybody tried to get a Boston Qualifying time at the Disney Marathon? That is going to be my goal for the 2013, just wondering inf anyone else has tried it with any success?

I've never tried it, but it's not the race I would choose to try to BQ. I'd pick one with wider roads, less sharp turns, and less crowding. That's not to say it can't be done, of course. There were people 483 who BQ'd at Disney this year. If getting a BQ was my goal for the year, I'd be someplace like Bay State or Houston where the course is either a) very flat, b) not too many people, and/or c) has lots of room on the roads.

...I'm in for 2013!

yay!!! :yay: can't wait to see you again! i WILL be there.

and, yes, registration opened up earlier last year. i know this because i signed up for it last march and literally the next day found out i was pregnant. that WON'T be happening this year!:cool2:

I've never tried it, but it's not the race I would choose to try to BQ. I'd pick one with wider roads, less sharp turns, and less crowding. That's not to say it can't be done, of course. There were people 483 who BQ'd at Disney this year. If getting a BQ was my goal for the year, I'd be someplace like Bay State or Houston where the course is either a) very flat, b) not too many people, and/or c) has lots of room on the roads.
Thanks for the advice. I started in A for the Half and got off to a fast start and had very few crowded areas after the first .5 mile and I could run my own pace with no interference. Was curious about it in Marathon regards. Makes sense since there are several turns.

Eddie I think it's doable at Disney, especially if you are in a forward corral. It's a flat course. And, of course, everyone's time requirements/previous closeness to BQ standard is a factor.

In 2010, I did Disney as my first marathon and missed by 3 minutes (I thought my BQ time was faster than the standard and actually took it easier on the last few miles since I was tired!) So I ran a fall marathon--the Detroit Free Press--and got my BQ then.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Maura

Thanks Maura. I'm definitely going to be going for it, especially if I don't have it by then. Everything I run has a bunch of hills on it. I may run Savannah in November, and that is flat, so that would be the really only other realistic chance before Disney.

BQ time + me = :lmao: Seriously I'll need to still be doing this at 70 in order to qualify.

However for all those who have or are trying.... :cool1::worship::cheer2::worship::woohoo::worship:

BQ time + me = :lmao: Seriously I'll need to still be doing this at 70 in order to qualify.

However for all those who have or are trying.... :cool1::worship::cheer2::worship::woohoo::worship:

My BQ strategy is quite simple. I'm pretty young (26) so as I work on getting more marathons under my belt, I know I will pick up speed. As I get older, there is eventually more flexibility with the qualifying standards. I'm hoping sometime in the next 30 years the two will eventually intersect :lmao:

But yeah, seriously, very impressed with everyone who BQed! Right now I think I could *maybe* hold the pace required for my age for a flat 5K on a really good day

For the corral placement, what is the shortest race distance the marathon will accept for proof? I figured a half marathon, since a 10k may not be the best indicator..but I wanted to ask if anyone knew! :)

Thank you!! Here's my next question...

anyone remember how long ago the run could have been? Is it a specific month or within the year?

If anyone really wants to BQ, I would highly recommend the Mohawk Hudson Marathon in Albany/Schenectady, NY. It's considered a "consistent favorite for Boston qualifiers" bc the entire race is on a slight decline from start to finish - no hills, etc. and the run is beautiful - the majority of it is along the hudson river. I'm planning on using it for my first marathon as a prep for disney in 1/13. It's on October 7. Here's the link:

http://mohawkhudsonmarathon.com/generalraceinfo.html#

Thank you!! Here's my next question...

anyone remember how long ago the run could have been? Is it a specific month or within the year?

For princess, the proof of time had to be from a race that happened after July 2010. I don't remember what the date was for marathon weekend races, but probably pretty similar.

If anyone really wants to BQ, I would highly recommend the Mohawk Hudson Marathon in Albany/Schenectady, NY. It's considered a "consistent favorite for Boston qualifiers" bc the entire race is on a slight decline from start to finish - no hills, etc. and the run is beautiful - the majority of it is along the hudson river. I'm planning on using it for my first marathon as a prep for disney in 1/13. It's on October 7. Here's the link:

http://mohawkhudsonmarathon.com/generalraceinfo.html#

I agree!!! I will be running it this year, as my first marathon too. Do you live in the area? I am in Clifton Park!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter