*Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Runners' Thread!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree!!! I will be running it this year, as my first marathon too. Do you live in the area? I am in Clifton Park!

OMG, small world! I used to live in CP, but I moved far away to Scotia. ;). Did you do the stockadeathon? Loved that race! Are you a part of HMMRC?

I ran my very first ever 5K in january.

I'm hooked.

So now I have this silly idea to run the Princess 1/2. I saw the "bling" and I just gotta have it. Oh, and I want to achieve this next "bucket list" item too ;)

Sooo excited! Will be reading through previous posts to get some tips!

OMG, small world! I used to live in CP, but I moved far away to Scotia. ;). Did you do the stockadeathon? Loved that race! Are you a part of HMMRC?

I do belong to HMRRC. I volunteered with my DD at Stockadeathon this year. I am probably going to run it this year, another good training run before Goofy!!
Are you on Daily Mile? I am always looking for more friends over there too!

I do belong to HMRRC. I volunteered with my DD at Stockadeathon this year. I am probably going to run it this year, another good training run before Goofy!!
Are you on Daily Mile? I am always looking for more friends over there too!

Thanks for volunteering - I really enjoyed that run - really great people and scenery. I'm going to run it again as well. What is daily mile? I haven't heard of it. I belong to the Runner's blog through the TU and then the HMRRC sites. I just signed up for the boilermaker and am taking the HMRRC bus to get there.

I originally thought I was just going to do the WDW full in 2013 - but I am amping it up and joining the Goofy group.

Scared and excited all at the same time :)

Thanks for volunteering - I really enjoyed that run - really great people and scenery. I'm going to run it again as well. What is daily mile? I haven't heard of it. I belong to the Runner's blog through the TU and then the HMRRC sites. I just signed up for the boilermaker and am taking the HMRRC bus to get there.

Daily Mile is like Facebook for athletes. Lets you connect to other runners/cyclists/walkers etc in your area and around the world. Check it out!

I am on the Runners Blog on TU-I am Beach Bears over there. I am not doing Boilermaker, but I understand it is a great race.

Daily mile is awesome! Besides being a great way to keep a track of your miles and success, it's great for motivation. You can motivate others and receive it in return!

If anyone is training for their first marathon (like me!!), send me a PM so we can link up on Daily mile!

Just signed on to Daily Mile. Looks awesome. Thinks for sharing. Got to upload my garmin stats tomorrow.

Daily Mile is like Facebook for athletes. Lets you connect to other runners/cyclists/walkers etc in your area and around the world. Check it out!

I am on the Runners Blog on TU-I am Beach Bears over there. I am not doing Boilermaker, but I understand it is a great race.

I'll definitely check it out - thanks for the info - and I'm Kimberly on runners' blog!

Just signed on to Daily Mile. Looks awesome. Thinks for sharing. Got to upload my garmin stats tomorrow.

I love DM! I don't upload from my garmin though. I do that to the garmin site and then just put in information manually on DM. LOL.

I like doing the challenges on there sometimes. Though there are a couple of jerks who can't read who signed up for a 70 miles in March challenge and are already at or close to 70 miles. The challenge wording clearly states "If this isn't a true challenge for you, please look at the many other challenges on here." It kinda takes the wind out of your sails when you're actually pushing to get it and by day 9 the first 5 people on the list are done or within a run of done. But it's still a great site!

Did anyone else run a race today?

We did our first family 5K! My husband ran alone, I pushed the two babies in the jogging stroller. When he finished, he came back and got the stroller so I could finish alone.. My oldest ran with my mom & myself .. he was back & forth, and my dad ran/walked with my 4 year old! It was GREAT!!!

My time was 35:40, not bad with a stroller, not my goal but I'm still working on it. :cool1:

If anyone really wants to BQ, I would highly recommend the Mohawk Hudson Marathon in Albany/Schenectady, NY. It's considered a "consistent favorite for Boston qualifiers" bc the entire race is on a slight decline from start to finish - no hills, etc. and the run is beautiful - the majority of it is along the hudson river. I'm planning on using it for my first marathon as a prep for disney in 1/13. It's on October 7. Here's the link:

http://mohawkhudsonmarathon.com/generalraceinfo.html#

Is this a good marathon for a first timer????

Thinking I am in for Mickey and for the Princess. I considered Dopey, but I think it will need to be one step at a time. My husband is thinking he might do Dopey, and we are taking the kids, so we need to make sure one of us might be functional on Monday. LOL

Can anyone tell me- for the 5K on Friday, is there an option to pick up your packet at the race? Or does it have to be at the expo only?

Thinking I am in for Mickey and for the Princess.

Can anyone tell me- for the 5K on Friday, is there an option to pick up your packet at the race? Or does it have to be at the expo only?

Unfortunately it has to be picked up at the expo. I would do these 5K's myself, but we never get into town except the night before the 5K's.

Is this a good marathon for a first timer????

Well, it is right in mine and RadioFanatics backyard, it is flat (acutal elevation loss), beautiful scenery, VERY well supported and not too expensive ($80 for non club members) You get a tech shirt and goodie bag and a nice medal. I have done the half twice, its a great race. We are fortunate to have a very large running community here in the Albany area. It will be my first full, and it does boast a large number of Boston qualifiers. Plus the scenery is beautiful in October. Most of the race is on bike path, so not too much traffic to deal with too.

What is runners blog? I've never heard of it before!
Runners Blog is a blog done by our local paper. There are a few regular bloggers, and they do have guest bloggers (I have done so in the past). Again, its a nice way for the runners in our area to connect and share info and tips. You can find it at http://blog.timesunion.com/running/

Did anyone else run a race today?

We did our first family 5K! My husband ran alone, I pushed the two babies in the jogging stroller. When he finished, he came back and got the stroller so I could finish alone.. My oldest ran with my mom & myself .. he was back & forth, and my dad ran/walked with my 4 year old! It was GREAT!!!

My time was 35:40, not bad with a stroller, not my goal but I'm still working on it. :cool1:

Yay! That's awesome that your family had such a great time running together! I've got a race next weekend. Looking forward to it!

After deciding that I was "only" going to do the full again in 2013, I'm starting to re-consider Goofy. I'm debating the "improve my full time" vs. "earn 3 awesome medals in one weekend" question...

Amanda

After deciding that I was "only" going to do the full again in 2013, I'm starting to re-consider Goofy. I'm debating the "improve my full time" vs. "earn 3 awesome medals in one weekend" question...

Amanda

Just succumb to peer pressure like I did and GO GOOFY! My coach pestered me until I gave in, this is the only time we will be able to do it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter