Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

I'm doing the full and got corral E with a 1:50 half. The whole family (wife and 3 adult kids) are coming down and making a vacation of it. I can't wait! Good luck to everyone with your training and stay healthy these last few weeks...

Staying at the Poly this time. YC in 2011 and, before that, I visited WDW in 1978.

Welcome to the DIS and good luck on race day!

Go to the Marathon weekend page on Rundisney.com
Go to the "Runner Info" tab
Go to "Waivers"

:)

Thanks. I didn't realize the bib number was on the waiver but I probably should have checked that first! :cool1:

I got Goofy corral I (which I guess means same corral for both races) with a half time of 1:43. I wasn't far from H but I'm really not sure where I should be since I've never run a full and therefore haven't done both back to back. I think I'm probably in a good spot where I can run a good pace but still enjoy the experience more than other races I've done in the past. I've gotten to the point now that I think the excitement has passed the nervousness for me! Good luck everyone!

Welcome to the DIS and good luck on race day!

Thanks Mike! I committed to this (my first marathon) last January. Lost 43 lbs... I was a decent runner back in the day (I'm 51) and now an empty nester with my kids either in college or graduated. Can't believe how excited I am about this but it feels great.

Are you going to go under 3 hours? My goal is 4 which I've been approaching in my 20 mile runs. Go big or go home...

So if I'm reading the corral assignments right, there are 12334 runners in the Marathon. That's down from 17591 in 2013 and 13316 in 2014. Given that the Marathon is sold-out, is this because Disney thinks there is a crowding problem?

For anyone who is having issues with the corral assignments, try right clicking (or control clicking for fellow Apple users) and "saving as". That seems to do the trick.

So if I'm reading the corral assignments right, there are 12334 runners in the Marathon. That's down from 17591 in 2013 and 13316 in 2014. Given that the Marathon is sold-out, is this because Disney thinks there is a crowding problem?

Add in the 7000 goofy runners and the 8000 dopey runners and that is a big crowd!

Thanks Mike! I committed to this (my first marathon) last January. Lost 43 lbs... I was a decent runner back in the day (I'm 51) and now an empty nester with my kids either in college or graduated. Can't believe how excited I am about this but it feels great.

Are you going to go under 3 hours? My goal is 4 which I've been approaching in my 20 mile runs. Go big or go home...

Oh wow, that's great! Have you done a Disney race before? You'll have a blast!

I'd be thrilled to get under 3 hours, but realistically hoping for low-3's...I need a 3:10 to BQ.

So now that I'm looking at everything again it looks like I'm actually in J, which puts me behind where the 2:30 pace group looks to be. I signed up for the Clif Bar pace team for 2:30 though, so I'm hoping that still works out. I will definitely be closer to 2:30 than 2:45 and sticking with 2:30 would give me a PR, so I really want to do it. I hope that I can catch up to them if I'm stuck in a different corral. :( I can probably do it alone, but being with a pacer would be a much better experience.

Seems like some of the info is missing. No 5K, and people doing Goofy and Dopey do not have equivalent corrals for all the races.

Unless something has changed, I don't think they post corrals for the 5k because they aren't strictly corraled as no proof of time is needed? I also don't remember them posting equivalent corrals for the smaller races, they just show up on your bib at pick up.

Oh wow, that's great! Have you done a Disney race before? You'll have a blast!

I'd be thrilled to get under 3 hours, but realistically hoping for low-3's...I need a 3:10 to BQ.

No, I didn't even know they did races until last January. My wife mentioned that a woman in her boot camp class was running a marathon at Disney and, curious, I looked it up on the web. I was immediately enchanted... and decided it was a good carrot to inspire me to get in shape. It worked, and here I am. I started at 223 lbs and broke 180 in October... never thought I would see that again...

Good luck with your BQ!

Don't forget to add on the Goofy and Dopey runners.I'm not on my PC and haven't gotten the marathon/half marathon corral placements to open in my tablet but amazingly it did open for the Goofy challenge which shows 6781 runners doing Goofy.I'm going to assume a similar amount doing Dopey and you're saying 12334 doing the marathon,sounds like 26,000 plus are registered.The 17591 in 2013 was high because there was no Dopey challenge that year,only people doing the marathon were only signed up for the full marathon or Goofy runners so between both of them also about 25-26k runners.

Okay correction I'm in M. And it's a 30 minute pace bunch again. -twitch- On one hand I'm happy to be properly paced by my pace. On the other hand I'm really, really getting tired of the fact that RunDisney is now making a habit of throwing anyone slow in giant pace grouped corrals. This makes race number three withem that they've done this.

Unless something has changed, I don't think they post corrals for the 5k because they aren't strictly corraled as no proof of time is needed? I also don't remember them posting equivalent corrals for the smaller races, they just show up on your bib at pick up.
they do corral the 5K...you're right that the corrals don't get posted. I think they mostly do it just by when you sign up (I always sign up really early and have been in Corral A or B for the 4 Disney 5Ks I have run...and I certainly don't belong there!!). Not sure how they factor in Dopey runners though.

they do corral the 5K...you're right that the corrals don't get posted. I think they mostly do it just by when you sign up (I always sign up really early and have been in Corral A or B for the 4 Disney 5Ks I have run...and I certainly don't belong there!!). Not sure how they factor in Dopey runners though.

oh, i know that they are corralled. i just meant they aren't corraled strictly, the way the half and full are. (IE: A is sub 20, B is sub 25, etc)

oh, i know that they are corralled. i just meant they aren't corraled strictly, the way the half and full are. (IE: A is sub 20, B is sub 25, etc)
Gotcha!! I see what you're saying. It's weird too because I DO remember putting my expected pace in when I registered...they just didn't use it. :confused:

For what it's worth, and if someone is tracking all this for analysis later on, I'm running Dopey, submitted a half time of 1:51, and am in corral E.

I'm corral A for Goofy with (IIRC) a submitted half time of 1:25.
But I'll be starting the full with DW, who is in E with a submitted half time of 1:51.

Good luck to everyone.

I'm doing the full and got corral E with a 1:50 half. The whole family (wife and 3 adult kids) are coming down and making a vacation of it. I can't wait! Good luck to everyone with your training and stay healthy these last few weeks...

Staying at the Poly this time. YC in 2011 and, before that, I visited WDW in 1978.

For what it's worth, and if someone is tracking all this for analysis later on, I'm running Dopey, submitted a half time of 1:51, and am in corral E.

I'm corral A for Goofy with (IIRC) a submitted half time of 1:25.
But I'll be starting the full with DW, who is in E with a submitted half time of 1:51.

Good luck to everyone.

Hello Corral E runners! I'm also in Corral E for the full marathon - submitted a 1:52 half. And we're at Poly too - hoping it will be convenient for race transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter