Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

Sigh. L for the Half. Last year, same race submitted as POT, I was in J.

That said, it looks like this year's L will have hundreds fewer people vs last year's J, so that's OK.

It might have to do with anticipated time, not just proof of time. I think I put a slower anticipated time than the POT foretells. Or maybe it's b/c I'm the youngest year in a new age group instead of oldest year in my age group last January.

No sickness and no injury, that's what I'm hoping for!

The smaller early corrals will be a few minutes apart. The mid to back larger ones will be 5 or more.

Also, I've now made 3 posts tonight without including my corral lol. I'm in M for the full. 2:39 half submitted for POT and I think 5:15 for anticipated finish.

I submitted a 1:57 half and I am in corral g for goofy! But I'll be running in corral j with my sister who submitted a 2:10 half.

The corrals coming out makes it very real, which makes me extra nervous, since I've been sidelined with an injury and will be severely undertrained...my longest run was 16 miles 2 weeks ago, and I'm hoping to get an 18 in before the race but it depends how my injury will hold up :/

Glad to hear I'm not the only one in this boat though, hopefully we can all make it to the finish in a month!

Hello Corral E runners! I'm also in Corral E for the full marathon - submitted a 1:52 half. And we're at Poly too - hoping it will be convenient for race transportation.

If I read things right we can take the monorail to Epcot for the race. So much less hassle and time than the bus. And my family can follow in a few hours and cheer me through Epcot. And I'm going to much prefer taking the monorail back rather than the bus. I hope it turns out as convenient as all this sounds.

If I read things right we can take the monorail to Epcot for the race. So much less hassle and time than the bus. And my family can follow in a few hours and cheer me through Epcot. And I'm going to much prefer taking the monorail back rather than the bus. I hope it turns out as convenient as all this sounds.

Congrats on your weight loss and training! Sounds like you've had an awesome year!
As far as monorail goes for staying at Poly, yes you can take it to the race start and back from the finish. I stayed at Poly for the WDW half in 2013. Got on monorail at 3:30ish I think, pretty empty. Picked up a couple runners at GF and Cont. then had to switch monorails at TTC. Or you can walk to TTC from Poly and take the direct monorail to Epcot, might save a few minutes depending on where you are at Poly. Coming back I got off at TTC and walked back. Also a great part of staying at Poly is that your family can walk down to TTC and see you at mile 4 and then scoot over to Floridian Way (between Poly, GF and Shades of Green) again as you exit the MK at mile 6-7 and still get on the monorail with time to see you at the finish in Epcot.

Good Luck to you!

Who else is joining me at the back of the bus in Corral O? Feeling a little discouraged by that. But considering I walked the second half of my qualifying run with an injury I guess I can't complain too much. Being my first Full, I was hoping I would get a little more buffer room just in case. My normal 1/2 time is about 2:20ish but with my injury my qualifying time was 3:08.

Congrats on your weight loss and training! Sounds like you've had an awesome year!
As far as monorail goes for staying at Poly, yes you can take it to the race start and back from the finish. I stayed at Poly for the WDW half in 2013. Got on monorail at 3:30ish I think, pretty empty. Picked up a couple runners at GF and Cont. then had to switch monorails at TTC. Or you can walk to TTC from Poly and take the direct monorail to Epcot, might save a few minutes depending on where you are at Poly. Coming back I got off at TTC and walked back. Also a great part of staying at Poly is that your family can walk down to TTC and see you at mile 4 and then scoot over to Floridian Way (between Poly, GF and Shades of Green) again as you exit the MK at mile 6-7 and still get on the monorail with time to see you at the finish in Epcot.

Good Luck to you!

Those are some excellent tips, thank you. Good luck to you as well!

I will be in corral J for the marathon. My only time submitted was a hilly 10 miler that I didn't train for. I'm sure it will all work out in the end because I will be stopping for pictures if the lines aren't too long. :worship: I just want to enjoy it all and no matter what, it will be a PR for me!! :dance3:

Corral I for Dopey...submitted a 10-miler time of 1:36:xx (or something like that).

That same time got me into Corral E for Wine & Dine (the "<2:15" corral) so I think they have me corralled properly for the marathon, but not for the half. Oh well.

Curious to see how they do the corrals for the 10K for Dopey runners since there are F corrals for that race...

Last year I was in the AAR"P" corral for the half :rotfl2: as my brother called it. This year I am in N. Almost at the back of the bus. I am doing Goofy this year. The best part of this weekend will be that my daughter and her boyfriend, a close friend and her son and his girlfriend along with another close friend were all assigned N for the half. We are all looking forward to this. We are all staying at POP Century.

I also echo the tips for walking to the TTC for the monorail to Epcot and the viewing locations. I did these viewing points when I was shooting the run for friends before I joined them in running it.

Didn't realize until a second glance:coffee:, I got bib number 2360 for the full and the cut off for corral G is 2358.

Close but no cigar I guess.

How often are the corrals released? Last year seemed faster (like every 5 minutes) compared to I think almost 10 minutes in 2012. I assume we can expect the same time releases?

Didn't realize until a second glance:coffee:, I got bib number 2360 for the full and the cut off for corral G is 2358.

Close but no cigar I guess.

How often are the corrals released? Last year seemed faster (like every 5 minutes) compared to I think almost 10 minutes in 2012. I assume we can expect the same time releases?
I think they are closer together for the earlier corrals (2-3 minutes) and then get up to 5 minutes for the later corrals...I THINK. They used to released the "final instructions" document that listed exactly when each corral would start and they seem to have stopped doing that. I haven't read the program in-depth yet but I didn't see the times listed there either. :confused3

Long time lurker on the thread. Corral K here. Submitted 2:28 half as POT for this year so ended up about where I expected which is great. :thumbsup2 Looks like I should finish between 5:00 and 5:30 this year based on my training runs.

Last year we stayed at Bonnett Creek, and there was about a 30-45 minute wait on the main road to turn into EPCOT. I think we left the hotel a little after 4:00 AM and I made it to corral O just as the race started with corral A. Plan ahead, and leave earlier than you think especially if driving.

Who else is joining me at the back of the bus in Corral O? Feeling a little discouraged by that. But considering I walked the second half of my qualifying run with an injury I guess I can't complain too much. Being my first Full, I was hoping I would get a little more buffer room just in case. My normal 1/2 time is about 2:20ish but with my injury my qualifying time was 3:08.

I was in O last year without a POT. I was worried about being so far back as well for my first but it turned out fine and I finished in 6:29 including a ride on Everest. Running a 2:20 half you'll have to dodge people a bit more but you'll do great.

Good luck everyone!

I agree with IAmAHiddenMickey that you will be doing some dodging and weaving, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Running through the parks will slow you (by "you" I mean "everyone") down just because the pathways are narrow and there's more to see, but in between there's (for the most part) more room to spread out and, sometimes, less entertainment...so you'll be able to bank some time there.

I agree with IAmAHiddenMickey that you will be doing some dodging and weaving, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Running through the parks will slow you (by "you" I mean "everyone") down just because the pathways are narrow and there's more to see, but in between there's (for the most part) more room to spread out and, sometimes, less entertainment...so you'll be able to bank some time there.

That's what I'm hoping for. I made up a lot of time on the 2013 Wine and Dine on the roads between the parks and slowed down and enjoyed the actual park time/entertainment/photos/etc.

I'm wanting to ride Everest so we'll see how I do.

Another question, how do they track Dopey/Goofy finishers. I mean C2C last year was a plastic bracelet I wore from the expo until the finish line. Do they do the same thing? Just curious if my wrists will be covered up.

That's what I'm hoping for. I made up a lot of time on the 2013 Wine and Dine on the roads between the parks and slowed down and enjoyed the actual park time/entertainment/photos/etc.

I'm wanting to ride Everest so we'll see how I do.

Another question, how do they track Dopey/Goofy finishers. I mean C2C last year was a plastic bracelet I wore from the expo until the finish line. Do they do the same thing? Just curious if my wrists will be covered up.

Apparently it's some sort of picture-taking system...the Dopey instructions are pasted below, Goofy is similar. Sounds like no wristbands.

Dopey Challenge & Goofy’s Race And A Half Challenge
In an effort to enhance our runners’ check-in process, we ask that all Dopey
and Goofy Challenge participants have their photo taken with their race
bibs. This photo will be used at the finish line of each race to expedite the finish line experience.

Dopey Challenge
You are required to attend Packet PickUp on Wednesday in order to receive
your race materials. You will receive the following materials: two race bibs with two B-Tags (a green bib and a purple bib), one bag check sticker, one gEAR bag, and six race shirts. You will have a purple bib for the 5K and 10K distance races. You will have a green race bib for the Half Marathon and Marathon distances. Your bag check sticker and gEAR bag are to be used on all four days.

After completing the 5K on Thursday, 10K on Friday, Half Marathon on Saturday, and Full Marathon on Sunday, please check in at the Dopey Challenge tent located after the Finish Line. Participants must wear the appropriate Dopey Challenge Bib for the 5K/10K and the Half Marathon/Full Marathon.

After completing the 5K, Dopey participants must visit the Dopey
Challenge tent where your official results will be reviewed by race staff.

After completing the 10K, Dopey participants must visit the Dopey

Half Marathon
After completing the Half Marathon, Dopey participants must visit the Dopey

Marathon
After completing the Marathon, Dopey participants must visit the Dopey
Challenge tent with their appropriate Dopey Challenge Bib to receive the prestigious Goofy Challenge medal AND Dopey Challenge medal to celebrate their accomplishment.

Good Luck to you!

I also echo the tips for walking to the TTC for the monorail to Epcot and the viewing locations. I did these viewing points when I was shooting the run for friends before I joined them in running it.

Thank you! Any suggestions for best viewing spots along Floridian Way? Also wondering about how many points spectators can really reach for the full. I was thinking they could do TTC, Poly, catch the bus to AK (just wait by the entrance), catch the bus to DHS (also wait by the entrance) and then catch the bus to Epcot. Not sure if that's too ambitious, but also not sure I'll be able to keep up with my fellow Corral E runners - this is my first full and I just submitted a half time for placement.

Thank you! Any suggestions for best viewing spots along Floridian Way? Also wondering about how many points spectators can really reach for the full. I was thinking they could do TTC, Poly, catch the bus to AK (just wait by the entrance), catch the bus to DHS (also wait by the entrance) and then catch the bus to Epcot. Not sure if that's too ambitious, but also not sure I'll be able to keep up with my fellow Corral E runners - this is my first full and I just submitted a half time for placement.
Four viewing spots may be a bit ambitious...TTC, Poly and monorail to Epcot is the best bet. Don't rely on bus transportation at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter