******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience has been that the FD BB offer is normally available for the following year when your trip to book the FD falls in late Aug - Nov. Not sure about other dates but I know I've booked during all of those. This Sept we'll be staying for our 6th FD BB in a row, always booked the year before. Here's hoping this Sept we'll be able to book FD for 2018. :)

Like others said it depends. I'm booked at a FD BB at WL but I may need to change dates! I knew we were definitely going back so i figured it was worth putting out the $200! But of course DH is going to be taking a job in Maryland or North VA so depending on where we go we may need to change our dates! Thankfully MD passed a law school has to start after Labor Day so if we go there we're in the clear, but if we go to NoVA DS would miss the first 2 days of first grade!! Stupid school getting in the way of my Disney plans! Lol:confused:
LOL. Actually even though its a deal that has already passed and expired you may be able to shift it. I was able to add two days to the front of my reservation and still keep the free dining.

LOL. Actually even though its a deal that has already passed and expired you may be able to shift it. I was able to add two days to the front of my reservation and still keep the free
LOL. Actually even though its a deal that has already passed and expired you may be able to shift it. I was able to add two days to the front of my reservation and still keep the free dining.
I've tried numerous times to add a day on the front end with my fd bb and no luck. At least 6 calls lol. Oh well. I may try a 7th or wait and see what the next promo is.

Mine does too - I think? Ive never altered my reservation online - but I understand why we would want that option... is this "it" - the place I'll need to click ... the magical link to add FD in the middle of the night at some point?

Mine looks just like that, but there is definitely no "change reservation" button, only "cancel reservation." Why does it vary from person to person??

Hi! I figured I'd come out of lurking mode now that I just booked our fall trip (POR 9/16-23). I participated in this thread in 2014 when we stayed at AOA Cars and it was super helpful in securing FD. The time before that we stayed at POFQ in 2010 and just stumbled upon FD when we were booking (I guess it was much easier to come by back then!) Anyway, just wanted to join in the fun and wish everyone luck getting FD on their desired dates at their chosen resorts!

I used to have the modify button and used it to change to a slightly higher room grade. Now its gone. I had to call to make another slight change and the CM put me through to Tech Support for MDE. They said that due to some changes that they are making in their system, that was why it was probably gone and it might come back in the future--not a whole lot of help lol. I booked my package before the ticket price increase and my balance has always remained at the original price. For my group of 9, that adds up to about $300. I want to try for free dining, but I don't want to have to wait to call. Do you think if I could snag it for a whole new reservation, that I could call at 7am and have them modify the original one and cancel the new one? I hate to lose the old ticket price, but it still might be worth it for the free dining.

I only have a "cancel" button, no "modify". And I have done nothing to my reservation since I made it. Argh.
Does that mean the easiest thing is just to get a new reservation, then cancel the old one, if I am making it online?
It seems if I called, they would be able to modify the reservation, but it is very difficult to get through when FD drops, correct?

Call up disney and make a simple change, like adding a day to your tickets or the park hopper or something. They may have issues that need to be worked through. Then they'll get it fixed and if you check your MDE the modify or change reservation may pop back up. Then be careful not to mess with it too much until you get FD. After you get FD, you can go back in and take off the previous change. The same thing happened to me, and after I called to add park hopper (in preparation of the FD offer), it got fixed but I could hear in the background the CM had to do some funky computer stuff to fix the reservation!

Booked at CBR for November; historically does anyone know if CBR standard rooms are usually included in Free Dining? Has anyone had a reservation in a standard with the free dining? Thanks!

Booked at CBR for November; historically does anyone know if CBR standard rooms are usually included in Free Dining? Has anyone had a reservation in a standard with the free dining? Thanks!
There were some CBR standard rooms last year, but they book up quick. I got a CSR standard room at 4:00am the day it was released, and I never saw standard again for my dates.

I booked a CBR standard the past 2 years with FD (late august/early september). Last year it was a little harder but i managed to get 2 rooms standard/CBR. But when i booked the BB for this summer all that was available were pirate rooms thats how i ended up at standard WL....it was practically the same price!

I don't know how someone would use a TA on something like this. When I go in there at 4am I will have to have like three plans gauge what comes out what is available and cost on each and try to decide in 5 minutes. How would a TA do that for me and 25 other people at the same time?? Not happening at 4am. I'm my priority a TA has lots of priorities. Now for a cruise or a different deal sure.

My TA booked 2 different reservations on hold for me last year without even asking me the early morning of, just because I mentioned I might do FD when I booked with him originally. We decided we liked our POFQ discount more. This year we are thinking differently though lol

My TA booked 2 different reservations on hold for me last year without even asking me the early morning of, just because I mentioned I might do FD when I booked with him originally. We decided we liked our POFQ discount more. This year we are thinking differently though lol
This is why its important to keep checking! A few days after FD dining drops a lot more opens up as people and TAs cancel and move reservations around!!!!

Hi! I figured I'd come out of lurking mode now that I just booked our fall trip (POR 9/16-23). I participated in this thread in 2014 when we stayed at AOA Cars and it was super helpful in securing FD. The time before that we stayed at POFQ in 2010 and just stumbled upon FD when we were booking (I guess it was much easier to come by back then!) Anyway, just wanted to join in the fun and wish everyone luck getting FD on their desired dates at their chosen resorts!

:welcome: Welcome back to the anxiety-driven madness! :crazy2:

So does anyone think fd may be released Monday the 20th? Since cbr offer ends the 19th?

We were permitted to book two rooms on a bounce back with free dining - one in my name, one in my husband's - since we were both in the room in November. End of June -July 5. Now my parents are joining us! This was especially awesome now that all my kids are Disney dining "adults" now!

And we wonder why they go so quick and then a ton come up later. TA's!!

We were permitted to book two rooms on a bounce back with free dining - one in my name, one in my husband's - since we were both in the room in November. End of June -July 5. Now my parents are joining us! This was especially awesome now that all my kids are Disney dining "adults" now!
We did this in 2015 - DH & I enjoyed an adults only trip 11/2014 & booked 2 rooms w/FD BB for the following September & brought my dad along. He had just retired & it was our little gift to him.

Guys, I had a dream last night that FD came out and I missed it!! More like a nightmare! Lol I was so stressed that I woke my self up! Went back to sleep but ... sheesh!
I usually stay up during odd hours, so it's a rather good thing for nabbing discounts on all things travel. It seems that airlines and Disney like to release their steep discounts at odd times (when most people are asleep, go figure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter