Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

I always tell newbies in posts if they have a day park ticket and hhn ticket, stay in the park when it closes

You can stay in one of the holding sections and be released a bit earlier before 6:30

You can hit two houses before hhn begins
Stay ahead of the crowds and have less house waits

Depending on the crowds it is possible you won't see long waits until maybe around 10:00 pm

Thanks! This will be my second time going to HHN in Orlando. I've done the one in Hollywood once. I do remember staying in the park when it closed and that did make it a lot easier. At least for the first 2 houses. After that the lines were already really long. Of course, I didn't have express passes those times I went. I probably won't this time either just because my boyfriend doesn't really like horror stuff like I do.

Last year houses were staggered for early opening
6 and 6:20 and right before 6:30 opening

I guess it could have been just that night

Once the early opening staff is all in place, it will open select houses

But still very good tactics to stay inside the park when it closes for any head start

Thanks for the information. It's been a four years since I went to the one in Orlando, so it's nice to know about any changes since then. Looking forward to hearing more news about houses and scare zones.

Many of us regulars for hhn are waiting for passes
Past years we had ROF and FF passes with or without express

Thanks Mac, but what is ROF and FF? Are those just for the houses? Because I really don't plan on walking through any of the haunted houses.

If you do the RIP packages, do you still stay in the park or do you come during your time and tour then?

If you do the RIP packages, do you still stay in the park or do you come during your time and tour then?
Which rip tours as I have not looked at the packages and what they offer this year

There is the unmasking the horror day tour
And the evening public rip hhn tour

Both require a park ticket

Day Uth tours requires UO park ticket

Hhn public or private tour, requires hhn tix

For evening one you choose your start up tour time
When tour is over, spend the rest of the time at hhn in the park

I'll look at the hhn site to see what is included in the packages for this haunting season

I was considering one of the night public tours. I have my annual Passes so don't have to worry about that but was wondering if I took the 7:00 PM evening RIP tour (hypothetically since they are not out yet without packages) it might be a waste of time to stay in a holding area or wait in line for one of the houses especially since the RIP tours give you front of the line access. I suppose though if we stay at the parks we could grab a beer or something to eat and use that time to calmly people watch and such and take in the scare zones without rushing through.

It looks like I'll be going to HHN this year (first time ever! I've wanted to go for years but when they announced the Shining house for this year, I HAD to go!) From what I've read, Express pass is necessary if you want to see everything so I'm building that into my plans. I see the regular ticket info on the site now but nothing about express pass - any idea when they go on sale (or can someone give me an idea of express pass pricing based on last year?)

I was considering one of the night public tours. I have my annual Passes so don't have to worry about that but was wondering if I took the 7:00 PM evening RIP tour (hypothetically since they are not out yet without packages) it might be a waste of time to stay in a holding area or wait in line for one of the houses especially since the RIP tours give you front of the line access. I suppose though if we stay at the parks we could grab a beer or something to eat and use that time to calmly people watch and such and take in the scare zones without rushing through.
If you are in the park and stay there when it closes, you avoid security lines

Then at 6.45 go to check in for your 7:00 rip tour

It looks like I'll be going to HHN this year (first time ever! I've wanted to go for years but when they announced the Shining house for this year, I HAD to go!) From what I've read, Express pass is necessary if you want to see everything so I'm building that into my plans. I see the regular ticket info on the site now but nothing about express pass - any idea when they go on sale (or can someone give me an idea of express pass pricing based on last year?)
Do a thread search to pull up last years threads on those costs
Will give you an idea of what is available and prices back in 2016

Passes and ep will be released later
Some years info came out in May or June

If there are later tours book one of them. If you stay in holding area you can easily get a house or two done easily before the lines build

Can't remember if that info is in last years' thread (link on post #1). Might want to check it out.

I always tell newbies in posts if they have a day park ticket and hhn ticket, stay in the park when it closes

You can stay in one of the holding sections and be released a bit earlier before 6:30

You can hit two houses before hhn begins
Stay ahead of the crowds and have less house waits

Depending on the crowds it is possible you won't see long waits until maybe around 10:00 pm

Bets advice use it all the time

just waiting on regular nightly tickets to go on sale with fast pass and a.p. discount..... :(

Since I do multiple hhn nights each October, I sometimes rather not have to wait the hour in a holding pin

To work around that, I go to ET and get in the line around 4:57
Usually a short line there and in the line for the ride right at 5:00

TM closes the entrance line for the ride right at 5:00

All past the entrance line are allowed to stay and do the ride

I take my time and watch the video and go through the regular line for the ride vehicles

On the ride and off about 5:40

As all are leaving then, TM are directing all out of the park

I show my hhn ticket and taken to the nearest hiolding area if S&S to wait to park is open

Very short wait then until I can start in the houses

Find out which houses are opened early
And locations of the holding zones

Decide which ride you want to do that is close to the holding zone you will be take to

Some rides will have longer waits than others
RRR usually has a longer line wait than other rides and there are a few holding areas in the past near that RRR

Since I do multiple hhn nights each October, I sometimes rather not have to wait the hour in a holding pin

To work around that, I go to ET and get in the line around 4:57
Usually a short line there and in the line for the ride right at 5:00

TM closes the entrance line for the ride right at 5:00

All past the entrance line are allowed to stay and do the ride

I take my time and watch the video and go through the regular line for the ride vehicles

On the ride and off about 5:40

As all are leaving then, TM are directing all out of the park

I show my hhn ticket and taken to the nearest hiolding area if S&S to wait to park is open

Very short wait then until I can start in the houses

Find out which houses are opened early
And locations of the holding zones

Decide which ride you want to do that is close to the holding zone you will be take to

Some rides will have longer waits than others
RRR usually has a longer line wait than other rides and there are a few holding areas in the past near that RRR

This will my firs time HHN and I just realized we will be there on opening night. Since we won't have the benefit of spoilers, would you suggest this is what my daughter and I do?

Is there a brochure for HHN, so you'll know what is where? Thanks!

Last edited:
Jaminmd - Thankfully, traditionally the brochure leaks out early. :banana:

Likely, there will be a TM preview day & a media/blogger day (can't remember iif Orlando does theirs before it's opened to general public) where info will emerge before the 1st night.

The 'pros' here will certainly chime in and suggest which house(s) will be the blockbusters/longest lines.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter