Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

We'll be 1st timers at HHN this year but are only around for the opening weekend. We were planning on doing the Sunday but are also thinking of doing opening night - Is opening night mad busy, or manageable and can you stay in the park and use the holding areas like on otehr nights ? Cheers

Once the media leaves on opening night, front of park is clear

Only those with the hhn ticket are allowed to wait in the holding areas

Once the media leaves on opening night, front of park is clear

Only those with the hhn ticket are allowed to wait in the holding areas
Thanks for getting back - think we'lll go for FF ticket and do the Friday / Sunday then. Can't wait !!

Watching for RoF with EP tickets to go on sale...........think that's the last thing we have to get for our trip this year.........

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm thinking of doing the vacation package that is being offered through HHN27 and not renew our AP's as the idea of paying a one time deposit for everything and simply paying it off over time sounds really good. I'm just waiting to see what the price of EP tickets will be.

What time does HHN start? We plan on doing US & IOA on Oct 22nd, wondering how much park time we get before HHN starts. TIA

Studios close at 5 on hhn nights
Ioa 7 or 8 closing time

Hhn opens at 6:30 when the park has been cleared from day guests

We'll be 1st timers at HHN this year but are only around for the opening weekend. We were planning on doing the Sunday but are also thinking of doing opening night - Is opening night mad busy, or manageable and can you stay in the park and use the holding areas like on otehr nights ? Cheers
I'll be there opening weekend again this year and I tell you...I don't see the media at all. Why? Because I'm already in one of the holding areas (usually Springfield) and ready to do the first house. If there's an AP event this year as last year, it will be pretty busy. We went Friday night and Saturday night last year and Saturday was much lighter than Friday night.

I've got a question since we've never been on opening night. Do they actually have a little opening ceremony or is that only for press?

It will be our first visit to Universal in about 10 years and our first HHN. If we are staying at a resort and have Express pass, does it also work for HHN, or do you have to purchase a separate express pass for HHN? I'm also confused about the ticketing for the event. Thanks!

EP you receive at the hotel are only valid for regular park hours

Hhn ticket Is valid only for the special event
Ep for hhn, can be purchased in advance or in the park

I'll be there opening weekend again this year and I tell you...I don't see the media at all. Why? Because I'm already in one of the holding areas (usually Springfield) and ready to do the first house. If there's an AP event this year as last year, it will be pretty busy. We went Friday night and Saturday night last year and Saturday was much lighter than Friday night.
Thanks for the info Metro. I think we'll make sure we're in a holding area when the park closes on opening night and the Sunday and take it from there

This will be my second trip for HHN. Last year was the first, which was by coincidence since the time we picked to come to the parks was driven by my wife's schedule. This year I am taking my sister (who is a HUGE horror nut). Already booked at Royal Pacific starting Sept. 24th. Since we will have only one night for HHN, and this is likely the only time she'll ever make it for this, I booked the non-private RIP tour.

I've got a question since we've never been on opening night. Do they actually have a little opening ceremony or is that only for press?
They have an opening ceremony for everyone at the front gates. It's called the "Opening Sceremony" and even though this will be my 14th consecutive year I've never once been at the front for the big show.

I am trying to buy the express passes but it says select date then does nothing and wont let me? Anyone else having problems? thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter