"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think you'll be fine. Character lines are usually the worst. I'll be attending either the party before or after Halloween so I am resigned to the fact that it will be sold out.

Just remember that it is usually best to trick or treat towards the end of the night. Though I do like to do a couple stops before the parade so I can have some candy while I wait.

Don't forget the grassy, fenced in location in front of Casey's is open to everyone for the fireworks and is usually not too crowded.

I also like to see the midnight Hocus Pocus show since it doesn't technically take up any party time.

Thanks! I'll keep those things in mind. We're very excited.

I think now we're going to catch a QS dinner at AoA before the party instead of trying to eat even QS at MK. Still not sure.

Thanks! I'll keep those things in mind. We're very excited.

I think now we're going to catch a QS dinner at AoA before the party instead of trying to eat even QS at MK. Still not sure.

The AoA food court is my absolute favorite, so I'd definitely eat there. We usually try to eat at QS at the MK before the party, so in that window between 4-7. Sometimes it can be tricky fitting it in. We're usually in long character lines at that point anyway. I'd eat a bigger meal at the resort around 3 and maybe pack some crackers or a bar or something that is actual food (i.e. not candy). I'm not sure if you have kids or not but the crackers or something like that might be useful later in the night.

I have a friend who decided to join us for the 13th and 15th parties.
Trying to decide how to get his tickets.
If I choose will call do you pick up at the same place you activate an annual pass? Because he needs to do that too so maybe we just pick that option and don't have to worry about them being mailed in time.

Things like this make me nervous, as we're attending our first MNSSHP on Halloween itself, but given that we're not interested in character lines and just in the dance party, parade and fireworks and some ToT and rides, I think we'll be OK.

I hope... :)

I honestly think people believe the party will be "empty" compared to regular admission days because it's a ticketed event. It's not. While there are fewer people, all those people are usually trying to do the same things and be in the same place. That's why for those of us interested in going on rides, it's actually pretty awesome.

If anyone's main priority at the party is to meet characters and watch parade/fireworks on Main Street, then yeah, it's going to seem insanely crowded to them if they were expecting a practically empty park. :)

Here's our Halloween Pop window!
LOVE IT!!!!

With all of the extra work/reschedule/etc with Irma, we just did something simple - $2 - picked them up when I went to store to pick up "hurricane food"
Only saw one other window decorated at FQ - and it wasn't halloween themed. Saw 1 window at Riverside with halloween lights around it....
Hopefully we'll be better prepared next year - also hoping to hook up with fellow DISers. Only got a chance to talk to a pair of beautiful Belles in passing at MK.

DIS.jpg

Does anyone know the price of the cheesecake dome and the Haunted Mansion treats?
Also how do you print the tix from email? Barcode on it but no name. Do I even need this?
Going solo Sept 29 and Oct 1
Excited but nervous even though I went back in 2015
Anyone else going those days

Does anyone go to the MNSSHP without dressing up?

Wondering if we would feel odd there in 'regular' clothes?
Went in 2015 without dressing up. Going this year without dressing up
First night wearing Mickey Mouse shirt and hopefully wearing MNSSHP shirt second night if can buy one on first night Im going.

I was there last night (sold out) and was really disappointed. I have been to the Halloween party before and it was so much nicer (less crowds and it seemed to be more decorated or something). The crowds last night were crazy. It did calm down a little after the fireworks, but not much.

The one thing I noticed that I think made a huge difference was a lack of CM's directing traffic in the hub during the parade and fireworks. Normally there are a ton of them directing and telling people where they can and cannot stand. Last night was a total free-for-all. People where standing everywhere blocking complete sidewalks and walkways so people had no way to get through. There were no CM's to be found during all of it. We were standing along the little fence that goes around one of grassy areas. The grassy area was blocked off ( it looked like a small party of people wearing lanyards were in the area for a special event) People were hopping the ropes and walking in the closed "exit only" doors and making themselves at home in the area that was CLEARLY blocked off. No CM's anywhere!!

I don't think I will go again after last night. The Christmas party is so much more worth the cost.

HM treats are 5.49 and for the price, are far too small. They're less than half the size I expected- about two inches wide and tall, maybe 5 inches long. It makes the 5.99 Darth Vader cupcakes seem like a deal.

HM treats are 5.49 and for the price, are far too small. They're less than half the size I expected- about two inches wide and tall, maybe 5 inches long. It makes the 5.99 Darth Vader cupcakes seem like a deal.
Thanks. Do you know if its snack credit eligible and price of cheesecake.

Are both sides of the grassy area in the hub reserved for the dessert parties? Last year at MVMCP we sat on the left one to watch the fireworks and had a great view. I'd like to do the same for MNSSHP.

I honestly think people believe the party will be "empty" compared to regular admission days because it's a ticketed event. It's not. While there are fewer people, all those people are usually trying to do the same things and be in the same place. That's why for those of us interested in going on rides, it's actually pretty awesome.

If anyone's main priority at the party is to meet characters and watch parade/fireworks on Main Street, then yeah, it's going to seem insanely crowded to them if they were expecting a practically empty park. :)

I see what you mean! Well, we do very much want to see the parade and fireworks, but I've done enough reading that there was no way I'd be expecting a practically empty park. :)

The AoA food court is my absolute favorite, so I'd definitely eat there. We usually try to eat at QS at the MK before the party, so in that window between 4-7. Sometimes it can be tricky fitting it in. We're usually in long character lines at that point anyway. I'd eat a bigger meal at the resort around 3 and maybe pack some crackers or a bar or something that is actual food (i.e. not candy). I'm not sure if you have kids or not but the crackers or something like that might be useful later in the night.

That's what we'd been planning. I think I'll go with AoA though. And snacks later!

So, I'm a big planner. Have spent MANY hours on our Disney Touring Plan. But, this is our first MNSSHP and I'm planning to wing it. Is that a giant mistake?? We will arrive at MK around 4ish and have FP for the pre-party hours. I have the times for parades, shows and fireworks handy. Other than that, we plan to go on many rides, ToT, do a couple of magic shots and just enjoy. We have zero interest in standing in long lines to meet characters. If I know my way around MK, am familiar with all rides, have a list of show times to keep in mind, can we successfully wing it?

So, I'm a big planner. Have spent MANY hours on our Disney Touring Plan. But, this is our first MNSSHP and I'm planning to wing it. Is that a giant mistake?? We will arrive at MK around 4ish and have FP for the pre-party hours. I have the times for parades, shows and fireworks handy. Other than that, we plan to go on many rides, ToT, do a couple of magic shots and just enjoy. We have zero interest in standing in long lines to meet characters. If I know my way around MK, am familiar with all rides, have a list of show times to keep in mind, can we successfully wing it?

This is me! I'm not sure if I am a "just wing it" type of person. Still deciding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter