"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be there tonight, dressed as ninja turtles (last time I let my 4-year old choose my costume!) It's just he and I, my husband is staying home with our toddler, and I'm so excited to spend time alone with my little guy! Our only priority is the parade, with the Hocus Pocus show and maybe meeting Jack Sparrow coming in after that. No trick or treating since he doesn't like candy!

If you see a very excited 4-year old Donatello and a much less enthusiastic Leonardo, say hi!
Surely the "toddler" you speak of can't be ROLF already?!?!?!

Have a great time!!

OMG Today my son says that he does want to wear a costume after all...thanks for the 6-days-before-we-leave-notice. Kids, you cant live with them, and you cant legally leave them home alone while you go to Disney by yourself. :crazy2:
I do!!!! Although my youngest is 24 and it is not COOL to hang out with mom!!!!:rotfl2:

you might do best to go to Kenny The pirates site for character information: http://www.kennythepirate.com/2012/09/13/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-characters/

As far as snack go I keep hearing that the best of the special offerings is the pumpkin waffles. The pumpkin cheese cake has a very strong pumpkin flavor according to some and the tarts are OK but also kind of meh. I have heard a split down the middle of likes and dislikes over the candy corn ice cream. I only remember 1 review of the jack and sally a treat and that person didnt really like it and found the texture to be weird.
Thank you for your help

We are planning on going to MNSSHP on Oct 3rd. We check in to CBR on Wed 27th Sept (this Wed) and will recieve our gift cards. We planned to use these to purchase our hard tickets as we have free dining, so not a lot of use for them, but after reading about some parties selling out, I wonder if this strategy is wise as I don't want to miss out on the party and that is the only date that works for us.
Do you think 6 days in advance is ok, or do you think it's risky and I should just pay OOP now?

OMG Today my son says that he does want to wear a costume after all...thanks for the 6-days-before-we-leave-notice. Kids, you cant live with them, and you cant legally leave them home alone while you go to Disney by yourself. :crazy2:
Have you figured out the costume yet?

Is there a way to link up tickets with bands that I already have?

This is my first time doing the party. I will only be with DD8 since DH and older DD will be at the ESPN track race. Do you think I need a plan? Is there a suggested itinerary that I could follow? I don't think we are to plan to see many characters and not doing a photo pass.

I did book Crystal Palace for dinner around 5:00 then another one at 6:30 which is the MNSSHP. Is there a difference with price, food or how the characters are dressed?

Is there a way to link up tickets with bands that I already have?

This is my first time doing the party. I will only be with DD8 since DH and older DD will be at the ESPN track race. Do you think I need a plan? Is there a suggested itinerary that I could follow? I don't think we are to plan to see many characters and not doing a photo pass.

I did book Crystal Palace for dinner around 5:00 then another one at 6:30 which is the MNSSHP. Is there a difference with price, food or how the characters are dressed?

Link the tickets with the account your bands are on.

Have you figured out the costume yet?

We looked at several but they all seemed like they wouldnt either be a) Too hot (which was why he didnt even wear his costume last year and I saw it coming a mile a way when I saw the long sleeves and layers that the costume had) or b) they took up too much room in the suitcase. I finally convinced him to go with something simple, easy, and light weight. He will be green lantern. WE got a green lantern T-shirt and a cape that comes to just below the waist and a green mask. Ugh kids.

Im going to MNSSHP on Sept 29 and Oct 1
Excited but freaking out at same time.
Pirate Kenny helped some but not a lot of info of what characters will be out this year. Heard of a lot of new characters that werent there 2 yrs ago. Hoping to come up with a plan of which I want to see.
MNSSHP is alot of fun but so much going on
I love trick o treating, the parade, fireworks, food.
Cant wait
Anyone else going those nights?

Im going to MNSSHP on Sept 29 and Oct 1
Excited but freaking out at same time.
Pirate Kenny helped some but not a lot of info of what characters will be out this year. Heard of a lot of new characters that werent there 2 yrs ago. Hoping to come up with a plan of which I want to see.
MNSSHP is alot of fun but so much going on
I love trick o treating, the parade, fireworks, food.
Cant wait
Anyone else going those nights?
Going a week after you but def feel the pressure of making a plan. Have fun! Going to read Pirate Kenny.

Going a week after you but def feel the pressure of making a plan. Have fun! Going to read Pirate Kenny.
Ty went 2yrs ago and still feeling stress of making a plan
One good thing is Im going solo so only have to make plan for self.
Think I have figured out what snacks I want. Going to try to get a shirt this year. Going to get lots of candy and just try and have fun.
I do love that some characters dress up while others are exclusive to the parties.
I do hope both nights arent sell outs so less of a crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter