"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for those who haven done this before - are you able to use the MDE app to see wait times during the event?

Yup - the wait times show on the app. As day guests clear the lines, you’ll usually see the wait times for many rides tick down to their “default” time, most being 5 or 10 mins. HM is usually 13. :-)

Do I need a separate park day pass also or just the After Hours ticket to attend?

Only the DAH ticket is needed to gain entry to the park for the event.

If you want to enter the park before DAH time (7pm officially, 6pmish in practice), you would need separate regular park admission.

Same here. Going up early for F&W grazing, then back to AKL for some chill time, then off to DAH! :yay:

Trying to decide if we should do a super early dinner at a resort restaurant or 7pm dinner at MK. Any suggestions?

Trying to decide if we should do a super early dinner at a resort restaurant or 7pm dinner at MK. Any suggestions?

I vote Cali Grill and then walk over. :-)

In the past I’ve done the Wave on party/event nights and walked over, but we didn’t really enjoy our meal there in July so I’m a bit down on it at the moment.

YMMV!

We ate at O’Hana at 4:30 and our meal was pretty good. It was a lot of food though before going to the park. My stomach was upset for about an hour after eating there.

Remind me again .... if we purchase DAH tickets and the party is 8-11 --- what time are we permitted in the park with those tickets? You know how like the MVMCP and MNNSHP parties start at 7pm but you can gain access to the park at 4... is this similar?

Remind me again .... if we purchase DAH tickets and the party is 8-11 --- what time are we permitted in the park with those tickets? You know how like the MVMCP and MNNSHP parties start at 7pm but you can gain access to the park at 4... is this similar?
They’ve been letting people in at 6

We went to the August 30th event,

Cons;
  • Given how low the crowds were, I wish they had us go through the FP line, and not the stand by to get on.
  • Speedway had only one track out of 4 operating making this our longest wait of the night.
  • Splash Mtn was down.
  • Didn't get lanyards until we were exiting at the end of the night??

We did SDMT 2 separate times. The first time they had us use the regular line and the second had us queuing through the FP line (which made the line out front look so much longer).

We did SDMT 2 separate times. The first time they had us use the regular line and the second had us queuing through the FP line (which made the line out front look so much longer).
We had that happen too. We went in July and they were using the fp line. The line came way out of the entrance to the ride since it was a 20 minute wait.

Is this worth it?
We are gong from jan 29 to feb 11 and parks almost always closes at 8 super dissapointed

Is this worth it?
We are gong from jan 29 to feb 11 and parks almost always closes at 8 super dissapointed
For us it was absolutely worth it. I think it has greater value if you have a somewhat shorter trip, as it allows you to experience most of the major MK attractions in a fraction of the time it would take during the normal hours. However, even if you don't have a time constraint it's a really cool experience to be in a nearly empty park, eating all the Mickey Bars you want and walking on to your favorite rides. We found it well worth the cost.

Is this worth it?
We've done it 2 times and are considering a third even though we are already going to wdw three times this year. Does that answer your question? (lol just kidding). It really is a neat way to see MK at night because you don't have to fight any crowds and you get to eat as many snacks as you want. If you are a rides person it is definitely for you. Dh and I personally just like walking around and taking in the atmosphere, people watching while eating snacks, riding people mover while eating snacks while people watching.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but how does this event affect the closing of the MK? Everything I've read says the park doesn't really close for another hour after official closing. Is this still the case on a DAH night? What about the kiss goodnight?

Just bought tickets for our second DAH! We experienced our first this January and we booked a trip around it for Jan 2019. We'll be taking friends of ours and it will be their first DAH (although they are both former MK CMs so they know all about empty parks haha). So excited :D

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but how does this event affect the closing of the MK? Everything I've read says the park doesn't really close for another hour after official closing. Is this still the case on a DAH night? What about the kiss goodnight?

It’s not like MNSSHP or MVMCP where they kick you out. You can’t get on rides after closing, but you can continue to mill around and shop just like you normally would. Kiss Goodnight won’t be until after DAH. Hope that helps!

Is this worth it?

For us it has absolutely been worth it. I have done DAH 3x with different members of the family, and it has been worth it every time. Some just for the kids riding rides without waits or my older son who could care less about rides enjoying his snacks. The most recent DAH was to add one night to our non-Disney Orlando trip, and the kids got their theme park fix.

With the most recent dates added, my husband and I have booked a February trip for our anniversary. This will really be a night to relax and experience a quieter park without having to rush from ride to ride. We will definitely do some rides, but not at the pace we have done with the kids on past trips.

That said, it looks like you have a very long trip booked during a lower crowd time. Depending on the number of people in your party, it may not be worth the extra cost. A great extra for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter