"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see next Thursday. We are going by Sams for an adult beverage when it opens and then will see if they let us in at 6 using the after hours ticket and Ill let you know.

Okay frontier is taunting us...$39 flights one way to Orlando?! How could we not take that? I think it’s safe to say we will most likely be going back to wdw in December. I’m seriously kicking myself for not getting APs this year but we thought we would be going once this year and now we are up to four...

Well, my dad just let me know that he bought DAH tickets for all of us for January 17th! My parents own DVC now and the discount was pretty good! Guess I need to start following this thread again! :thumbsup2
We'll be there that night as well!

Can anyone confirm or deny that between 7 and event start time you are able to use fastpass lines with your after hours wristband or lanyard?

Can anyone confirm or deny that between 7 and event start time you are able to use fastpass lines with your after hours wristband or lanyard?
They won’t let you start using fp lines until the event starts and sometimes they still have you use the normal line. It honestly depends on the cm because some let us go in about 10 minutes early but I think they’ve caught on and now haven’t really been doing that anymore.

Exactly what Haley R says...some have reported back that they have but as many have said no. I know we've tried both times and they've said no. Now that we'll only have the wrist band, I'm thinking more likely no? In the past, we were easier to spot with our lanyards.

Exactly what Haley R says...some have reported back that they have but as many have said no. I know we've tried both times and they've said no. Now that we'll only have the wrist band, I'm thinking more likely no? In the past, we were easier to spot with our lanyards.
When we went in March the cms had no idea. One of them let us onto btmr 30 minutes early lol. Then when we got to the second scan point for FPS the girl was confused and hesistant but let us through. I think we were rejected at splash, I can’t remember. In July we weren’t allowed on anything early.

Are you able to book any fast passes between entry time and DAH start time using the DAH ticket? I know I have done this before with a ticket to MCMCP, but didn't know if it was the same for DAH.

Forgive me if this has been asked! (There are so many pages on this thread)
Can AP's purchase DAH tickets for non-APs even if the APs are not attending?
Thanks so much!

Are you able to book any fast passes between entry time and DAH start time using the DAH ticket? I know I have done this before with a ticket to MCMCP, but didn't know if it was the same for DAH.

Yes, it will let you. Just keep an eye out for any e-mails from Disney about insufficient tickets/last day of FPs being deleted. For some (for unknown reasons) doing so can trigger that result in MDE. Happens to MNSSHP and MVMCP folks too (it started last year). Good luck.

If you get that warning email about insufficient tickets, are the fast passes automatically deleted, or is it just kind of a matter of luck whether you get to keep them or not?

If you get that warning email about insufficient tickets, are the fast passes automatically deleted, or is it just kind of a matter of luck whether you get to keep them or not?

You have around 24 hours to cancel your FPs, so it’s not immediate. Most people just go in and cancel the ones they booked for party day and move on.

It has something to do with some combination of ticket types or some other detail regarding your reservation, but the exact cause has proven elusive despite a few DISTheories. While I suspect it’s something more than luck, for practical purposes that’s a good way to approach it.

Hope that makes sense.

Ok, thank you. We are hoping to go just for the event on one the spring dates when I will be in the area. We won’t have regular tickets or a room reservation. I don’t know if that improves our chances or weakens them. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed!

Ok, thank you. We are hoping to go just for the event on one the spring dates when I will be in the area. We won’t have regular tickets or a room reservation. I don’t know if that improves our chances or weakens them. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed!
You will have to see. I did that last year for MVMCP. I only had tickets to the party and no resort reservations or other tickets. The system would not let me book FP's at all. It said I didn't have ticket media that allowed this and I could buy tickets. Most people are booking their FP's at 60 days with the rest of their park tickets. I haven't heard many people booking in your situation or mine. I hope it works for you. Good Luck!

Someone recently was able to book FPs using only their MNSSHP ticket and had no problems. I would at least try since you won't have the chance of losing other FPs.

I am going on Thursday with just the After Hours ticket. I was able to book three fast passes for before party start time. I chose 5:30 - 6:30, 6:30 - 7:30 and 7:30 - 8:30pm. I figured if they let us in at 6, I can go straight to the first one.

We tried it on January 30th DAH and they let us for Peter Pan, Mine Train and BTMRR. Those are the only ones we tried it on and they all let us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter