Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

Looking at the ticket site I don't see the EP option, does that come later? Also, I know I won't do two nights if I wait could I expect a better deal on a one day ticket at some point? Does HHN sell out like MNSSHP?
I’m the same, we only need 1 night, so was wondering if anything cheaper will be released.

This ticket is $20 more than we paid last year, but we had a discount through a Coca Cola promotion last year. Can’t remember how much discount it gave, but as I’m not sure if it’ll be back, I’m thinking of purchasing the current ticket anyway...

Looking forward to Stranger Things, it’s not exactly horror for me, but I like what they can do with theming, characters, etc.

Calling on some veteran HHN experts/veterans....my wife and I decided that we our going to spend our 15th wedding anniversary at Universal Orlando from 10/10 to 10/14. We have been to UO before but never to HHN...so needless to say we are pretty stoked about going! We plan to stay on-site at RP (have stayed at HRH before, wanting to switch it up this time) and considering the club level for our stay there. Here is where my question lies....do we secure the BOGO now, or wait a bit to see if there are better ticket options that suit us since we will be there for a total of 4 HHNs. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to following this thread closely this year....also need to binge Stranger Things as well...lol

Kevin

One thing I will say is that they need to continue to bring in more licensed property as opposed to IP. For the last 2 years, IMO this is where HHN has stalled. It started to feel like the same thing as the previous year. So I hope they add to the scarezones and surprise us with more house like Stranger Things. Also, the shows... whatever they replace Bill and Teds with is going to be important.

So excited. We will be in FL for this and plan on going to HHN for the first time. Is this an extra ticket price? We were planning on doing a 2 park 1 day ticket and spending a day at the parks and definitely want to do HHN also now that we know it opens while we are there.

Calling on some veteran HHN experts/veterans....my wife and I decided that we our going to spend our 15th wedding anniversary at Universal Orlando from 10/10 to 10/14. We have been to UO before but never to HHN...so needless to say we are pretty stoked about going! We plan to stay on-site at RP (have stayed at HRH before, wanting to switch it up this time) and considering the club level for our stay there. Here is where my question lies....do we secure the BOGO now, or wait a bit to see if there are better ticket options that suit us since we will be there for a total of 4 HHNs. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to following this thread closely this year....also need to binge Stranger Things as well...lol

Kevin
If you’re planning on going all 4 nights i would wait for the Frequent Fear passes to be released.

I will be at Universal from Sept 8th to the 15th, so my only option will be the first night on Friday the 14th, and the bogo isn’t feasible because we fly home in the 15th. Hopefully, there is an AP discount this year. Because I’m only there for the first night, I will either go RIP or get EP.

So excited. We will be in FL for this and plan on going to HHN for the first time. Is this an extra ticket price? We were planning on doing a 2 park 1 day ticket and spending a day at the parks and definitely want to do HHN also now that we know it opens while we are there.

Yes, it is an extra ticket event. If you are already in the park with a day ticket, and also have a HHNs ticket, you will be directed to wait in a Stay and Scream holding area inside the park, which will give you an advantage over the guests waiting at the gates to get in.

So I wonder if the Stranger Things house will focus more on season 1 or 2. I kind of hope 1. Lots of iconic locations. The shed out back of Will's house, the Christmas lights in his house, the government facility, the school and of course the upside down.

So I wonder if the Stranger Things house will focus more on season 1 or 2. I kind of hope 1. Lots of iconic locations. The shed out back of Will's house, the Christmas lights in his house, the government facility, the school and of course the upside down.
Maybe it'll be a mashup of both

Maybe it'll be a mashup of both

True, I forgot to add that option. I think I just personally hope that they focus on season 1. I'm trying to think what locations from season 2 would even factor in...I guess they could do something with trick or treating but that was barely even featured.

HHN-Orlando tweeted that it involves Season 1 only and is a collaboration between Netflix, the show creators, and Universal. They also tweeted the following scenes (so far): Mirkwood, Hawkins National Laboratory, The Upside Down, and the Byers' home.

I'm planning on surprising DH with a date night to HHN for Sept 20th. Originally I was planning on doing the one night with EP. Now with the BOGO would you suggest doing 2 nights with no express pass? We could try to convince mom to babysit 2 nights. We are on a tight budget, but seeing everything is important to me. I'd also like to do the rides that are open because we are not visiting Universal this trip because the kiddos are so small (3 years and 10 months). Do you think we could do it all in 2 nights with no EP, or would one night with EP be worth the extra cost?

If I were going only for two nights, I would buy that ticket...bobof

You can use it on any night but Saturday.

I saw on the website that this offer will end on a certain date.
You still have a lot of time to make your decision on buying it.

I'll be there on the 11th also!

I'm holding off for a monthly pass such as Rush of Fear that they have had in the past.
No idea if it will be offered but willing to take the chance and wait it out.

My interpretation of what I posted in sticky is June 6th is last day to purchase

Lolomarie - i’d Vote for 2 nights :). You’re looking @ a Thursday & Friday? Be at the gates early & follow along here for hints as to which houses to hit early. Rides that will be open are gravy, suggest saving them for the end of the night.

Last edited:
Judging by the overwhelming response on Twitter, I'm betting the Stranger Things house is going to be a massively popular house.

I believe the press release said it would be season one.

Lolomarie - i’d Vote for 2 nights :). You’re looking @ a Thursday & Friday? Be at the gates early & follow along here for hints as to which houses to hit early. Rides that will be open are gravy, suggest saving them for the end of the night.

Thanks so much Keisha. I'm leaning towards this as well, less expensive and an extra kid free night! Dates would most likely be the 16th and 20th (Sunday and Thursday) Just have to see if my mom is on board for the babysitting!!!

Thanks so much Keisha. I'm leaning towards this as well, less expensive and an extra kid free night! Dates would most likely be the 16th and 20th (Sunday and Thursday) Just have to see if my mom is on board for the babysitting!!!

You’ll be glad doing two nights of hhn

Newbies can get overwhelmed trying to do everything the first time all on one night

Tell your mom Mother’s Day is next month and her babysitting two nights for you is her gift to you

You’ll be glad doing two nights of hhn

Newbies can get overwhelmed trying to do everything the first time all on one night

I didn't even think of being overwhelmed. This is a good point. I know I'm going to be terrified! Lol. This is very much a gift to DH, I'm the biggest scaredy cat ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter