"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I'm wondering the same thing as we might choose to go a bit early for the party with regular tickets. I can't imagine that they would offer people to go early on party tickets and not allow them in wearing a costume though.

Going through my own post dated Nov. 3, 2017, we had dinner reservations at Liberty Square at 2:50 and most likely entered Magic Kingdom at 2:30 dressed in costumes. Not Disneybounding, but full on costumes. We entered using our park tickets, ate dinner then went to BOG for dessert and got our wristbands. So, if I was able to get in at 2:30 I'm thinking Disney won't mind if people; DVC, AP and party guests with Park & Party tickets enter with costumes on at 2pm.

I'm just not comfortable telling people that "YES, you can!" I really hope we hear from fellow DISers. There are quite a few unknowns this year, more than I've ever seen.

Here's the link to my report, please note I did not list times as I was very sick during this trip. [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/page-105#post-58420741"]Post #2100[/URL]

Can anyone tell me if the Haunted Mansion stretching portrait snacks will available again this year?
I had the one with peanut butter last year and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten and would love to have it again!

Wait...what?! Must have! DD and I are going as the 2 lady portraits so this is totally a must!! I need to find pics of these! Thanks!

Longtime reader, first posting now
We are going to the 2nd Oct party, first party ever.
I booked my fastpasses today. Couldn't get SDMT, but BTMR (3:25), PP (4:25) and jungle cruise (5:25). Hope I will keep them. I have the party tickets and 2 day MYW on my account. We will use the 2 day ticket for Epcot and AK on different days. I booked the Party FPs at latest as suggested.
At what time do you think we should be at the entrance so that we could reach BTMR in time on the party day? Since it is obviously closed during the party I don't want to miss it!!!
3:25 - 4:25 was the latest availabl FP.

Thanks to all the people here for all the helpful information!

Just an updated on the FP situation. I had 3:10, 4:10 and 5:10 FP booked at my 60+ 6 day. At 30+2 I got an email telling me that I had too many FP days booked (8 day pass + the Party). I was going to loose one day tomorrow. I have a 3 resort split stay. Yesterday I changed my reservation to add Magical Express to my last reservation. I think this is what triggered the email. Perhaps if I had called instead of using the website to add Magical Express this would not have happened.

I called IT for the website. She read the policy to herself. We are allowed two FPs not three. My 3:10 was changed and locked in to 4-5. My 4:10 was kept as is. The 5:10 was deleted at my request. IT made a note of my FP for my last day (I also have a picture of them). The computer might still delete them. I will have to call back if so.

I booked my fastpasses today. Couldn't get SDMT, but BTMR (3:25), PP (4:25) and jungle cruise (5:25). Hope I will keep them. I have the party tickets and 2 day MYW on my account. We will use the 2 day ticket for Epcot and AK on different days. I booked the Party FPs at latest as suggested.
At what time do you think we should be at the entrance so that we could reach BTMR in time on the party day? Since it is obviously closed during the party I don't want to miss it!!!

We have a 3:20 - 4:20 SDMT FP. I plan on arriving around 3:00.

Since DVC members can now access the park at 2:00 I'm hoping that alleviates even a bit of the crowd waiting for the party entrances to open.

Wait...what?! Must have! DD and I are going as the 2 lady portraits so this is totally a must!! I need to find pics of these! Thanks!
Here's a link! https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...gic-kingdom-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

And thanks for asking about this. By the date on that post I can tell that Disney didn't release news about the special food treats until a week before the first party (8/17/17 post date, first party was 8/25/17). So I can answer my own whiny question - "How much lonnnnnnnger until we know about food!?!?!?!" with "historically, should be next week!" :hyper:

Just booked for the September 3rd party!!! I can't wait! I don't usually like celebrating Halloween, but this will be my 4th MNSSHP!!! :)

I'm looking at that one too. I think I will wait until maybe the Friday before to buy tickets though. If the chance of rain is 20% or less then I'm in. :cool1:

I know I would just be annoyed the whole night if I had to wear my rain poncho. We're planning on being BB8 and R2D2, more Disney bounding than true costume so we'll wear them on HS day if we don't go to MNSSHP.

Super confused about the desert parties as I am reading conflicting stories about if the parade viewing is included or not. I do not see anything on the Disney website that mentions reserved parade viewing. Was this previously listed but removed now? I would totally hunt for tickets if it meant I could have hassle free parade viewing without having to camp out a spot.
Last years MVMCP was pretty obnoxious dealing with rude guests who couldn't understand rules on where they couldn't stand/sit (in street) or felt entitled to better viewing than the people who had been sitting there for an hour to prepare.

We have a 3:20 - 4:20 SDMT FP. I plan on arriving around 3:00.

Since DVC members can now access the park at 2:00 I'm hoping that alleviates even a bit of the crowd waiting for the party entrances to open.
I aliviate that by already being in the parks by four and just getting my band in tomorrow land. Thats what we did last year.

You may not necessarily want to go by the forecast as this is most likely what you'll see:

upload_2018-8-3_9-47-10.png

From now until mid-late September it will rain a portion of almost every single day so if you look ahead you'll probably see this. Reality is though that the majority of those days you'll get a good ole dump of rain mid-afternoon to early evening but before and after that it will be sunny.

The first time I went to Disney for a quick trip I made the mistake of turning on the weather channel in the room (this was long before iPhones and weather apps), saw the forecast and almost cried! All this money to be rained out??? I quickly realized that the weather is a snapshot of the entire day at a distance and not hour by hour.

Not sure if this helps but wanted to share my experience.

Last edited:
Super confused about the desert parties as I am reading conflicting stories about if the parade viewing is included or not. I do not see anything on the Disney website that mentions reserved parade viewing. Was this previously listed but removed now? I would totally hunt for tickets if it meant I could have hassle free parade viewing without having to camp out a spot.
Last years MVMCP was pretty obnoxious dealing with rude guests who couldn't understand rules on where they couldn't stand/sit (in street) or felt entitled to better viewing than the people who had been sitting there for an hour to prepare.
The answer to this is, yes. Parade viewing was originally offered but removed.

Those who purchased tickets before it was removed have been contacted by Disney, added to a list and will be granted parade viewing. Those who purchase tickets now do not include parade viewing.

Parade viewing was erroneously included in the event description on Disney’s website for several weeks.

They later corrected the error but called anyone who had made a reservation pre-correction to let them know they would honor the original description and parade viewing would be included for those folks only.

Parade viewing is not available to anyone who booked post website error correction.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for clearing that up. Doesn't hold enough value for me personally without the parade aspect. With less people in the park in general, its not hard to find a spot to look up :)

Welcome

Assuming you will only be using your party ticket to enter, plan to be at the park by 3:30. They’ll start letting folks in via the party entrance anywhere between 3:45 and 4:00. The line will move quickly once it gets going. Plenty of time to make it to BTMRR! Enjoy!

Just an updated on the FP situation. I had 3:10, 4:10 and 5:10 FP booked at my 60+ 6 day. At 30+2 I got an email telling me that I had too many FP days booked (8 day pass + the Party). I was going to loose one day tomorrow. I have a 3 resort split stay. Yesterday I changed my reservation to add Magical Express to my last reservation. I think this is what triggered the email. Perhaps if I had called instead of using the website to add Magical Express this would not have happened.

I called IT for the website. She read the policy to herself. We are allowed two FPs not three. My 3:10 was changed and locked in to 4-5. My 4:10 was kept as is. The 5:10 was deleted at my request. IT made a note of my FP for my last day (I also have a picture of them). The computer might still delete them. I will have to call back if so.
It happened when I called to add DME so it would not have made a difference and my last day was deleted at the 24 hour mark even after calling IT and only having 2 FP+ between 4pm and 6pm. The next time I called they totally screwed me over so I won't call again. I made them cancel what they did since I couldn't and I rebook them myself. As much as it annoys me to know there are plenty of others that have fastpasses and I should be able to as well I decided to not make any with the party ticket because I don't want to be obsessed with checking that my last day is intact.

Last edited:
You many not necessarily want to go by the forecast as this is most likely what you'll see:

From now until mid-late September it will rain a portion of almost every single day so if you look ahead you'll probably see this. Reality is though that the majority of those days you'll get a good ole dump of rain mid-afternoon to early evening but before and after that it will be sunny.

I'm hoping for the weather we had the first week of September last year, minus Irma. We flew home the day before they closed MCO. I have read that the African dust is keeping hurricanes away this year. Hoping that is the case for everyone in the potential paths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter