• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Your question was answered so this won't help, I just want to add that you used to be able to quickly meet both Capt. Hook and Maleficent along with some other great villains! Prior to the Hocus Pocus Stage show there was a villains stage show, and at the end the villains came down and did a few minutes of meet and greet sets. No autographs and the lines that formed were pretty much unstructured, but it was Maleficent, Cruella, Dr. Facilier, Frollo, Queen of Hearts, the Evil Queen, and Capt. Hook. I feel like I might be missing someone, too. Jafar maybe? It was awesome! I'll have to see if I can find pictures of the kids meeting them then. Then the final year before Hocus Pocus they had the villains show but got rid of the meet and greet :( We haven't been since then and while I'm really excited to see Hocus Pocus I do wish they had more villains meeting at the party. Even the last time we went in 2014 you could meet the Old Hag and Maleficent.

Thank you. Too bad he is so so into the villians right now. Oh well at least we'll see the shows/parades. I am hoping to meet curella as I heard she does do a greet....and oh my goodness I read all my typos in my original post. I was rushing ugh

Thank you so much for the detailed report and so glad you had such a successful night!!

Quick question regarding the gravediggers - did they break for the parade? And if so, did you happen to notice when they left and came back out? They can’t be the same ones as are in the parade if you met them at 9:30, since the parade would still be on Main Street, so maybe they don’t break at parade time like I assumed!

Thanks so much!!

The two gravediggers we met before the first parade were not in either of the parades. We did see them going for a break about 15 minutes before the second parade began. They passed us in Frontierland, and they were heading in the opposite direction from where the parade starts. I'm not sure what time they made it back to their meet and greet.

Seriously considering adding a second party this year. Already bought tix for 9/3, but leaning heavily towards also getting tix for our arrival day of 8/31. I think I can justify the cost for all the money I would save buying trick or treat candy, right? :rolleyes1
TOTALLY!

Thank you for everyone who mentioned getting merch early. I was able to grab our pins and the Alex and ani bracelets today. So we don’t have to wait in the shop lines for those Tuesday night.

What did you have to do to get merch early? Show your party ticket? It's our first MNSSHP on Monday and I would love to be able to not have to wait in lines during the party.

Does anyone know of Buzz meets during the party and where? This is my 5th party but I have all girls so I never searched for him. We have a few boys joining us this year and they love Buzz and we’re not going to Hollywood Studios so I want to make sure they get to meet him. Thanks!!!

I got mine last year in Disney Springs on one of those mobile Kiosks. They’re great!!!

I might see what I can find here before I leave, but I'm going to DS the night before my party, so I'll grab one there if I can't find anything here. Thanks!

Does anyone know of Buzz meets during the party and where? This is my 5th party but I have all girls so I never searched for him. We have a few boys joining us this year and they love Buzz and we’re not going to Hollywood Studios so I want to make sure they get to meet him. Thanks!!!
Unfortunately he does not. However, he does meet in MK during the day, so you may be able to catch him before the party starts. It appears he meets until 5 on party nights!

The two gravediggers we met before the first parade were not in either of the parades. We did see them going for a break about 15 minutes before the second parade began. They passed us in Frontierland, and they were heading in the opposite direction from where the parade starts. I'm not sure what time they made it back to their meet and greet.
Thanks so much!

What did you have to do to get merch early? Show your party ticket? It's our first MNSSHP on Monday and I would love to be able to not have to wait in lines during the party.
Yes. Just showed the ticket on the app. This was at the emporium. I do know I heard someone asking for the pins at the pin place in Frontierland and they told that person party only.

Do they stop doing Magic Shots at the Haunted Mansion during the parade? I think I saw that question float by a few pages ago and can't find it.

I feel like such a grouch but I do not get the candy thing at all. Large bags of candy are $10 at your local target and you don’t have to wait in lines for it all night or lug it home/keep it from melting/save it until Halloween. I get trick or treating is fun but beyond a small bag of treats I’m not getting it. It being free only goes so far before it becomes a pain. So yeah spending another $100 for some additional candy isn’t adding up to me :rotfl:

We have a large neighborhood with lots of kids and lots of trick or treaters. Several families have parties. I probably spend around 50-75 dollars on candy and rarely have any left. So, yea, I can see where it might be cheaper to get it here for free.
:jumping1:

Also - people love free stuff. Have you ever been in an office when free food arrived? People go nuts, even though they could stop at the grocery store on their way home and buy exactly what they want. Ever get something free in the mail? Ever time your Clinique purchase so that you could get the free bag of sample makeup? Ever clip a coupon? Ever take a free pen? There's just something about it...

The office food part cracked me up. It’s like a stampede at my work when there is free food.

And yes, I am near the front of stampede lol. Free stuff is awesome!

My family had a really successful first MNSSHP ever! We met every character we wanted and saw the parade, fireworks and Hocus Pocus which were big priorities for us. Here's how our itinerary went:

Arrived at 3:45 for 4pm opening. Got Sorcerer card right away.
4:50 - lined up for 7 Dwarfs and took turns getting food, checking out merchandise in Big Top, etc.
7:10 - met Dwarfs
7:15 - got in line for Tweedles - kids trick or treat while waiting - met at 8:05 as rain started really coming down and we were moved to overhang of Tea Cups
8:10 - got in line for Lotso - kids trick or treat while waiting - met at 8:45
8:50 - rain stopped as we found a spot for the parade across from Country Bears - parade 9:15 (no Headless Horseman)
9:30 - met Gravediggers
9:45 - met Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear
9:55 - found spot for fireworks by Casey's - fireworks 10:00
10:25 - magic shot by Adventureland bridge
10:30 -10:40 - lined up and met Jane and Terk
10:45 - 11:05 - lined up and met Aladdin and Abu
11:10 - 11:35 - trick or treating - saw Headless Horseman! - rode carousel
11:40 - 11:55 - rode Pirates
12:00 - watched Hocus Pocus show

Overall we loved it and can't wait for next year's party!

Glad you had a wonderful time and got to do all that in one night!!
I was thinking of getting in line about the same time for 7D but as they are out before 7 believe that will be ready earlier...do you think I should get in line earlier then? Next stop is searching for Cruella and Gaston Tavern for party treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter