• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Vampirina joins the Disney Jr. Dance Party as reported by the Disney Blog:

We’re also happy to announce that Vampirina is on her way to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park! During the party, you can show off your best dance moves with Vee and other favorite Disney Junior pals at the all-new Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam. And be sure to catch Vampirina’s official Disney Parks welcome as part of the live stream of Mickey’s “Boo to You” Halloween Parade on Sunday, September 9, at 9:20 p.m. Eastern/6:20 p.m. Pacific, right here on the Disney Parks Blog!
Oh Gosh thank you!!!was hoping she’d be there for our 9/30 party. I wanted to surprise my 4 year old. She will be soooo excited!!

Could someone point me towards a post or a link to a blog with prices for the MNSSHP merchandise? I have searched and haven’t been able to find anything. I’m sure it’s out there somewhere. Any ideas where I could find it?

It does. I have been following wait times of every party from home. :)

Thank you, Jen. Will the app also indicate if the ride has been temporarily closed due to inclement weather? It's supposed to rain the night we're at the party. Thanks!

Thanks for the info and reassurance - I appreciate it - but I am flying from the northeast!

We are flying from NC. IF that low pressure doesn't pick it up it will likely hit NC dead on. I did call Southwest they said watch your email for a travel advisory. IF we get that advisory we are going to go to WDW a day early. The travel advisory allows you to change your flight at no charge with SWA.

Cautionary Warning...For those who make FP using a MNSSHP ticket on party day without regular admission ticket...I received this notice this am and promptly cancelled the two FP+ I scheduled...

We see that you currently have insufficient tickets on your My Disney Experience account for your selected FastPass+ experiences. If an additional valid Theme Park ticket is not associated to your account, your FastPass+selections for 09/2018 are subject to cancellation on 09/2018.

Last edited:

Well, other than the potential of Hurricane Florence? You might want to wait until early next week to buy tickets when her track becomes a little clearer.

But we will be there on the 16th (hopefully).

Eh, not worried about florence. She's not coming anywhere near us. I am waiting until the last minute to get tickets though, not 100% sure I can take Monday off, and wont know until later next week.

Cautionary Warning...For those who make FP using a MNSSHP ticket on party day without regular admission ticket...I received this notice this am and promptly cancelled the two FP+ I scheduled...

We see that you currently have insufficient tickets on your My Disney Experience account for your selected FastPass+ experiences. If an additional valid Theme Park ticket is not associated to your account, your FastPass+selections for 09/2018 are subject to cancellation on 09/2018.
Thanks for sharing! How far in advance of your party day did you receive this email?

So can you or can you not schedule fast-passes with just a part ticket? It seems silly that the system would let you do it in the first place and then threaten to cancel. Has anyone just left it alone and waited to see if they actually got cancelled? That's what I will do if I get the email. Also, I wonder if it has to do with also having park tickets during the same time period or if you are or aren't staying on property?

Here's my situation: Staying on property, No other park tickets, 1 MNSSHP party ticket. Booked fast-passes with no issues 60 days in advance of my resort check-in (not the party date).

So can you or can you not schedule fast-passes with just a part ticket? It seems silly that the system would let you do it in the first place and then threaten to cancel. Has anyone just left it alone and waited to see if they actually got cancelled? That's what I will do if I get the email. Also, I wonder if it has to do with also having park tickets during the same time period or if you are or aren't staying on property?

Here's my situation: Staying on property, No other park tickets, 1 MNSSHP party ticket. Booked fast-passes with no issues 60 days in advance of my resort check-in (not the party date).

If you have no park tickets or FPs other than your MNSSHP tickets, you won’t get any warning - you’re good.

I have a one day hopper with FP selected for 9/15, a MNSSHP party ticket for 9/16 and FP selected for that day. So far so good, fingers crossed since it's only a week away.

Call IT and they can fix it for you

There are TONS of posts about 'the dreaded email' and how to deal with it appropriately.

Call IT and they can fix it for you

I had read about that email on these boards, so I called IT when I got it, too. (My situation - one park ticket left from a Salute to Military set purchased earlier this year. The FastPasses I was set to lose were for my second day, which was going to be at Hollywood Studios. We were not using a park ticket for our MNSSHP day when we arrived at 4 pm.)

The IT lady said that she was able to "re-prioritize" the FastPasses, so that they would be "pulled" after the fastpasses for our park day were, or something like that - she was a little hard to understand. When I checked the day they were set to be deleted on MDE, they were in fact gone! No big deal, though - I hadn't been able to score Slinky Dog even at 60 days out, and when I checked into the Poly, the front desk clerk was able to help us get another Beauty and the Beast, which we had never seen. She wasn't able to get us back our Alien Spinning Saucers, but once I saw that in action, I thought no great loss.

The ironic thing is that we didn't even end up using the FastPasses for the MNSSHP afternoon - it was raining that afternoon, so we napped and didn't get to the park until 8. But if I had Fastpasses I really wanted to hold on to, I'd delete the MNSSHP and keep the park day passes, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter