• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Thanks for this! I know they don't sign autographs but do the give you a card with their signatures on it?
Yes, Pooh characters give a signature card. It was a little honey pot in 2016, not sure if that’s changed.

Party was as near perfect as I could hope.

Characters - Met Moana, Pooh and friends, Jafar, gravediggers, Mickey.

Rides - Space, Mad Tea Party, and Pirates.

Shows - Hocus Pocus 8:30 and 12 (fulfilling all my childhood dreams), Hallowishes, 11:15 parade, Cadaver Dans.

Extras - bypass photos, Sorcerer’s card, Zero waffle sundae and headless horseman clip. (Shopping completed at 3.)

Magic shots - cauldron/apple, HM dancers and butlers, hatbox ghost, HM lantern, hitchhiking ghosts, headless horseman as I exited.

So happy I get more chances to see Hocus Pocus again (2 more times!) and meet some more characters on Sunday. But man am I tired - off to bed. Pulling into AoA now.

Please note there are TWO printable pdf's available to everyone on the Itinerary Thread as well.

Character List, location, Times, Photopass & Autograph information: Post #6
Trick or Treat Locations: Includes all locations, Bonus Locations, and indicates which are Indoor, Outdoor and Covered Thanks to @Best Aunt : Post #7

It has been reported the party maps are hard to read at night due to low lighting but the above are accessible on your cell via the Itinerary Thread.

Those two PDFs are awesome and what I used to figure out locations on the map I did. I’m just a visual person and it helps me to figure things out. But I have both PDFs printed out to take with me, which I definitely will now knowing I might have trouble with the map at night

Please note there are TWO printable pdf's available to everyone on the Itinerary Thread as well.

Character List, location, Times, Photopass & Autograph information: Post #6
Trick or Treat Locations: Includes all locations, Bonus Locations, and indicates which are Indoor, Outdoor and Covered Thanks to @Best Aunt : Post #7

It has been reported the party maps are hard to read at night due to low lighting but the above are accessible on your cell via the Itinerary Thread.

These are amazing! I just printed them out for our October trip- thank you!!! Just to clarify though, if there is not an ending time listed on the character PDF (i.e. Mickey is listed from 7-1130), then that character typically meets until Midnight. Is that correct? Thanks again. :)

Hate couldn’t post last night but.... PARTY WAS AMAZING (despite us missing both parades :guilty::guilty: super sad bc it’s my all time favorite) after attending two sold out parties last year this was seriously just like a dream!! Crowds were insanely low! Here is our breakdown. Bc of our grumpy Mickey we mostly rode rides and pin traded, and it is fine bc that is what he loves!!

Rode: BTMR twice, Splash twice, Buzz, Space (we loved the ride overlay), Pirates, teacups, barnstormer and 7D.... I do not think we waited more than 15 minutes for anything!!

Got tons of pics... I FINALLY GOT PICS WITH THE GRAVEDIGGERS! Waited maybe 5 minutes! It’s the hitchhiking ghosts outside CHH right? If so we are missing those! I will call today! (We are missing many pics this trip, so I am making a list in my phone) tons more pics with no waits at all!

We walked upon Vampirina at 11:45pm and I was completely shocked since she wasn’t supposed to be there until Sunday. Several people tried to her to stop and take pics, but CMs stopped you real quick when we were there and she continued dancing! We also stopped by dance party with Monsters inc guys and it’s always fun and cute!

Walked up to a CM beside the dance party and hubs asked who was there and she said 7D and there was no wait! WHAT!! :dogdance: So we walked in and maybe 4-5 families in front of us.if you could have seen the shock on my face! Ha! Our grumpy mickey wouldn’t get out of his stroller so we parked him and hopped in the back! I will say the couple of front of us got pics made in the back and once sitting down in front of Dopey!

We made it to I think every treat station once! Weighed our candy and got 13.6 between the 3 of us. I felt most stations only handed out a few pieces. Last year between 2 sold parties we had 37lbs!

We passed JS and Tarzan/Jane/Turk line twice and both times looked to be less than 10 minute waits! We never saw any roaming characters.

Overall, we took it slow and basically let our little one direct the night. And it turned out great! I just still can’t get over the low crowds! About to enjoy some coffee while my boys sleep a bit longer. Our little guy is finally getting to go to TSL this afternoon and I may cry seeing the excitement on his face! Have a great day guys! Can’t wait to hear about the rest of party season!!!

Got tons of pics... I FINALLY GOT PICS WITH THE GRAVEDIGGERS! Waited maybe 5 minutes! It’s the hitchhiking ghosts outside CHH right? If so we are missing those! I will call today! (We are missing many pics this trip, so I am making a list in my phone) tons more pics with no waits at all!

Yes, hitchhiking ghosts Magic Shot was outside Columbia Harbour House.

P.S. Enjoyed your post. Glad you had a good time!

Who is this and where do you meet him??

He is out with Madame Carlotta in front of HM. They are hilarious, and one of the best parts of the party. She is awesome, but he showed up with her last year (at least it was the first time we saw him), and they play off each other SO well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter