"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh....debating one party or two. Somebody talk me off the ledge and tell me one is enough, lol.
Sorry but that is going to be hard. I am considering 2 parties myself. Unfortunately, you cannot do everything in one party. It all depends on what you want to do. If you aren't interested in the meet and greets then I think one party is doable. You can see the parade, shows, fireworks and get some treats all in one night but trying to also see characters and ride more than one or two rides is impossible in one night. They are just too crowded now. Most of the character meet and greet lines take 30 mins or more so if you add it up you won't see them all in one night or see even half of them. That is the reason I am considering two. It is the price that is making think REALLY hard about it. Is it worth the cost to see everything I want? I haven't decided yet and it is only me and my DH.

I also thought about two parties but quickly decided not to. We also have 8 day hoppers so have plenty of time at MK. So for the party we aren’t doing any rides. Maybe 1-2 if we can fit it in but the rides aren’t what we’re there for. We are focusing on meeting the 7 dwarves, parade, fireworks, castle lighting, getting a few treats (not even that important) and the shows and dance parties. We’re mostly going for the atmosphere.

I also thought about two parties but quickly decided not to. We also have 8 day hoppers so have plenty of time at MK. So for the party we aren’t doing any rides. Maybe 1-2 if we can fit it in but the rides aren’t what we’re there for. We are focusing on meeting the 7 dwarves, parade, fireworks, castle lighting, getting a few treats (not even that important) and the shows and dance parties. We’re mostly going for the atmosphere.
This is my plan as well. I can do the rides another time

I don't know if anybody posted this or not. But I just got off the phone with a CM and they said that the tickets will be available for purchase online on or around April 18th - 19th.
But, you can call and get them now. I already received mine in the mail.

But, you can call and get them now. I already received mine in the mail.
Oh yeah, I already know that, thanks. LOL. The CM was asking if I wanted to get it through them and I said no. I can't purchase a ticket for awhile right now cause of bills and stuff. LOL. So that's why I wanted to know when it'll be available online.

Last year we also attended the dessert party in Tomorrowland Terrace because it included a priority spot for the parade. Looks like that might not be included this year. If not, I will pass on the MVMCP.

Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
Feast on desserts before watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks spectacular from the comfort of a terrace seating area.

Sigh....debating one party or two. Somebody talk me off the ledge and tell me one is enough, lol.
Ha sorry, that was me! I was thinking of attending 2 but 1 is totally enough.

I have never been in the situation were 2 parties is ever feasible or even 1! I will not have kids with me on this trip and taking advantage of seeing things I normally do not as the kids' experience is normally the priority.

Last year we also attended the dessert party in Tomorrowland Terrace because it included a priority spot for the parade. Looks like that might not be included this year. If not, I will pass on the MVMCP.

Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
Feast on desserts before watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks spectacular from the comfort of a terrace seating area.

There was not parade priority seating for MVMCP last year. MNSSHP had had it for a few years, MVMCP had it in 2016, neither had it last year.

I submitted the same form as I did last time but apparently that's outdated so they sent me the new form, along with the 2018 special events flyer, figured I'd post the flyer for reference.

Thanks! Will update Post #1.

I've just posted my video from MVMCP 2017 - it shows bits of the shows, parade, character meet and greets, snacks and how quiet the park gets particularly after the second showing of the parade. Hope it helps anyone planning to go. It was the highlight of my holiday!

You can view it here:

Last edited:
I've just posted my video from MVMCP 2017 - it shows bits of the shows, parade, character meet and greets, snacks and how quiet the park gets particularly after the second showing of the parade. Hope it helps anyone planning to go. It was the highlight of my holiday!

You can view it here:
Such a magical video! Thank you so much for sharing! I was excited before, however, I'm super excited now as this will be our first MVMCP and it will be a surprise trip for our kids! When did you go? I'm hoping for low crowds like that. However, I am already dreading 2hour long meet and greets with a 5 year old lol.

There was not parade priority seating for MVMCP last year. MNSSHP had had it for a few years, MVMCP had it in 2016, neither had it last year.

I've only been to MVMCP one time. That was last year. Our ticket to the dessert party also got us into a roped off area near the flagpole, I think. We had an amazing view and staff went around and handed out bottles of water. Without that perk, I don't think I will bother with the party.

I’ve been to the Christmas party 3 times if you wait until the second parade you literally can wait by the train station and get the perfect view with about 10/15 minutes before parade time.

I've only been to MVMCP one time. That was last year. Our ticket to the dessert party also got us into a roped off area near the flagpole, I think. We had an amazing view and staff went around and handed out bottles of water. Without that perk, I don't think I will bother with the party.

Maybe Pixie Dust. There was no parade viewing included with dessert party last year. I attended too, only time parade viewing included with dessert party during MVMCP was in 2016.

I’ve been to the Christmas party 3 times if you wait until the second parade you literally can wait by the train station and get the perfect view with about 10/15 minutes before parade time.
When did you attend the Christmas party? It just seemed to be crowded until after the second parade last year. We went on Sunday Dec 10th and I was wondering if that was the difference. I am trying to figure out a strategy for this year. Last year was our first time and I want to maximize our time this year. This year we are going Tues Dec 4th. I've heard Tues are less crowded days. Any tips would help. We want to do as much as possible except ride the rides. We can do that anytime. TIA.

Maybe Pixie Dust. There was no parade viewing included with dessert party last year. I attended too, only time parade viewing included with dessert party during MVMCP was in 2016.

My mistake! I blanked out last Christmas -- not one for the books-- unlike the previous year that included a trip to WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter