"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Quick question

What happens if we have a rainy evening the night of the party? Does everything still go on as planned?
The Headless Horseman might not ride but the parade goes on in light rain. Stage shows also happen, unless the stage gets dangerously wet. Trick or Treating doesn't close and most rides stay open unless the rain is very bad. If the rain does get very bad, you can stop by Town Hall for a 'rain check' which will give you a day pass to the parks or another party ticket. They don't always offer those, but it's worth checking.

Lightning is a different story. Lightning can delay or cancel outdoor activities.

I want to add, that years ago, maybe 2015, the stage show was canceled due to a wet stage. A photopass photographer stopped me and suggested I go behind the castle. All the villains were doing a M&G together. Which I would have never known if the photographer didn’t say something. One of the best magical moments ever!

Quick question

What happens if we have a rainy evening the night of the party? Does everything still go on as planned?
As much as possible.
Sometimes parades and stage shows get delayed, cancelled or shortened/modified depending on weather conditions. Also, outdoor character meets may be delayed or cancelled.

When attending the Dessert Party with Garden View, what has been everyone's strategy for Parade watching ?

When attending the Dessert Party with Garden View, what has been everyone's strategy for Parade watching ?
I can answer this! I did the Garden party on Tuesday and Friday last week.

On Tuesday, we watched the first parade from inside the Garden and it sucked. You could hear Boo to You, but not the individual songs of each segment of the parade - -so you couldn't hear It's good to be to bad for example. Plus, you can only see the floats. After the fireworks, we walked with the crowd into Liberty Square (it was awful...I should have gone into Adventureland and then popped out into Frontierland) but we got a spot for the second parade easily. We were near the Disney vacation club spot in Liberty Sq/Frontierland.

On Friday, we sat on the curb in the hub. Walking from the tomorrowland bridge, turn left, first trash can. We sat at 8:00 for the 8:35 castle show. We could have waited maybe 15 minutes to sit. AFter the show, my kids held the spot (they said no one moved after the show, they all stayed for the parade) and my husband and I went into the dessert party -- we had a quick glass of wine and snacks and went back to the spot after the headless horsemen went by, but before Max went by. We could have just stayed in the spot and went to the dessert party after the parade at 9:45. I loved this spot. I would definitely do this again. After the parade we went into the garden, but we could have gone back into the dessert party for more snacks.

Both dessert parties were maybe 1/2 full? I booked the Friday one the night before. Great view for the fireworks.

On Friday after the fireworks, I went into Liberty Square again, but I waited for the crowd to thin out a bit. I stopped at the allergy candy station first, then I sat on a garden wall in front of HOP and I moved to the rope line when they closed off the walkway.

If you are interested in spending time in the dessert party having drinks and snacks, then moving into Liberty Sq/Frontierland for the second parade is the way to go. If you watch the first parade and then go to the dessert party you won't have much time and I'm not sure what time they close it down. The first parade ended at the hub around 945-950 and the fireworks started at 1015.

Last edited:
If I have a park ticket and party ticket and leave for a break in the middle of the day, there's a separate entrance for "returning park guests?" Or will I have to wait in the long line of party only guests?

Just got my ticket for 9/19…I really wanted 9/22 but alas, that date is sold out…I’m going to keep trying to change it cause you just never know…it’s just 1 ticket…I may get pixie dusted…

If I have a park ticket and party ticket and leave for a break in the middle of the day, there's a separate entrance for "returning park guests?" Or will I have to wait in the long line of party only guests?
There's separate entrances for those with full day tickets/annual passes - not party tickets. That's what we did Friday - we entered the park using our AP and had a MUCH shorter line. Then inside the park we got our band.

Does anyone know where I can find a good quality recording of the “Boo To You” Halloween parade song theme? It’s my kids first Halloween and I want to get them excited for all the music while we wait for our party. I can’t find it on iTunes.

It's on a Disney Magic Kingdom Party Music CD which is, of course, out of print. I bought it years ago through eBay but what people are trying to get for it now is ridiculous. Not on Amazon right now, either. But maybe you can buy it at the parks?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ASIN=B000ZU4GK0&linkCode=as2&tag=distoublo-20

I saw this mention in a party strategy post by Becky on Touring Plans, haven’t seen it here that I can recall so thought I’d pass it along, a “hidden” treat spot -

Speaking of that “hidden” location, back in Storybook Circus, you’ll find a bonus treat location that doesn’t show up on the map. That’s because you won’t get the “normal” (or allergy-friendly) treats. Instead, you can find Kind-brand goodies to add to your bag.

As much as possible.
Sometimes parades and stage shows get delayed, cancelled or shortened/modified depending on weather conditions. Also, outdoor character meets may be delayed or cancelled.
Will they announce a delay or cancellation or will it show up in the app?

Will they announce a delay or cancellation or will it show up in the app?
I’ve heard the announcements while waiting for the parade/stage show. For any outdoor/uncovered character meets, it’s just a CM walking up and down the line letting people know what’s happening.

I don’t think cancellations are listed in the app. but I’ve never thought to look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter