***Official April 2024 Thread***

I just realized that we will be in Disneyland in California two weeks from today. It is our first time for both the entire state and for DLR and we don't exactly know what to expect. We are also going to be at the Beach Club in only four days and 100% know exactly what to expect. Now we just need to find some Disneyland experts while we are at WDW to help with hints and advice.

:)

Just not so patiently waiting for updated park hours, we leave in 2 weeks and still no updated hours for most of our trip. I believe they'll show up tomorrow but that seems so late. A 7:30 EEH vs 8:30 EEH is important to know for my not early morning tween and if we will make it for EEH or not.

Most MK days on my trip are 9:00-10:00 and AK 8:00-6:00. That's not as extended as I had been hoping, but I think it probably bodes well for crowds - if Disney thought it was going to be super busy, they would extend the hours longer. I'll take it, if that's the case.

Thanks for the heads up on updated hours! I’m hoping it will not be as crazy that week - I only know of a few school districts on Spring break then - NH, VT, and NYC. Anyone know of more?

I’m sure I’m not alone when I say Thursday’s debacle freaked me out. We park hop to MK in the afternoons/evenings and have dining or dessert parties booked there every day of our upcoming trip- thinking we could get locked out is alarming to say the least. We know NYC Schools are break when we are there at the end of the month and are just going to try to go with whatever comes our way since online calendars are proving generally unhelpful. Our last WDW trip was 2 years ago in peak March spring break and peak post-covid travel spike time. Odds are good it will be significantly more manageable this trip and if not, we did ok then and will do ok this time. Sending good vibes to the rest of the April gang for some great trips and memories.

I’m sure I’m not alone when I say Thursday’s debacle freaked me out. We park hop to MK in the afternoons/evenings and have dining or dessert parties booked there every day of our upcoming trip- thinking we could get locked out is alarming to say the least. We know NYC Schools are break when we are there at the end of the month and are just going to try to go with whatever comes our way since online calendars are proving generally unhelpful. Our last WDW trip was 2 years ago in peak March spring break and peak post-covid travel spike time. Odds are good it will be significantly more manageable this trip and if not, we did ok then and will do ok this time. Sending good vibes to the rest of the April gang for some great trips and memories.
Good wishes right back at you..arriving Saturday.. as long as Boardwalk Joe's is open the first half and trader Sam's the 2nd everything else is gravy....

Epcot had very low crowds this morning. Soarin' was a total walk on at 9am, Test track took us about 20 minutes in the standby line at 10:30am. We had boarding group 31 for Guardians. It was great.

We watched Luminous, the Epcot fireworks, from the Japan area and could see the Happily Ever After fireworks from that location. :)

The weather has been great - maybe even a little cool at times.

You all making me regret I didn't book my trip two weeks earlier :rotfl:

T minus 3 days. .and ADRs are opening up...a sign of lesser crowds as are being reported? I hope...
Updated...
Saturday...arrive..boardwalk joes...dole whips with rum..have the kids swim...then off to the Springs and our first meal..Raglan Road..many pints later..and probably a quick stop into Trex for my boys Dino extinction desires..back to sleep..and off to..
Magic Kingdom...then a boat to geyser point...then back for more swimming...and off to epcot.
My liver will start complaining right about now...
Next morning..just SCORED Topolinos breakfast...and then off to Animal Kingdom..probably lunch at satuuli or nomad...then after mid day swim..Hollywood. hello my old friend Baseline Taphouse.
off to epcot for biergarten with my son and then probably back (biergarten usually destroys me).
Tuesday epcot...space 220 lunch....swim..magic Kingdom fireworks...
All this sustained with 5 hour energy.
Wednesday...check out of Boardwalk...go to 1900 park fare for late breakfast...check in to Poly...swim...captain cooks...dole whips with rum...
15th anniversary dinner at ohana with my wife. Grandma with the kids... thank you abuelita.
Thursday..animal kingdom...restaurantosaurus?..break..mama melrose fantasmic dinner...then Fantasmic.
Friday...garden grill..hey chip and Dale. Chill..magic Kingdom fireworks.
Saturday...no adrs...Hollywood early...animal late..hopefully pandora lights at sundown...close epcot..tears start.
Sunday departure starts with Lilo and Stitch breakfast at ohana...checking out...then off to the Springs..bounce around..probably some moonshine on tap, polite pig...all of that.
Back to the airport...hangover..tears...abuelita judgement lol....
If anyone is around during this time...and want to meet up..PM me.
Gary

Last edited:
We arrive Saturday also! I hope the crowds stay lower. Looks like we have a hot week with not much rain. So ready to be in the Disney bubble for 11 days!

I checked the weather for next week and I'm regretting I picked next week rather than this week! 94 two days?! UGH.

I didn't go this week in hopes I could find last minute Masters tickets but that didn't pan out.

Can someone turn on the AC in central Florida next week please?

But I arrive on Sunday so yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter