***Official April 2024 Thread***

I will be going April 23-May 5, and although the trip straddles both months, April is first so I wanted to say hello!! I am staying offsite for the first time since 2007, with friends in an AirBnB so we can cheer their daughter on during Cheer worlds! And although we are doing 6 Disney days, we are also going to Universal for a day, Seaworld and NASA. My son is crazy over roller coasters and wants to try the ones at Seaworld :)

WDW just released a 4-day base ticket deal. If I switch from 6-day base to this deal, I would save $480! Can’t decide right now. Help!

My trip is 4/7 (flight arrival 8:30am) – 7/13 (outbound flight 6:48pm). Flight a long way from Seattle. First timer to WdW and would probably not visit again in 2-3 years because school breaks always crash with major holidays. I am thinking with 4-day tickets, I would need to pool some of the savings to Uber and ILL to recover lost time.

Why WDW release the deal so late! (Late for me)

One month from today! We have had a really bad year with family issues and I didn't know if the trip would happen. The planning of a trip always makes me happy so made sure to still do that and just hope and pray everything would be OK when the time came. Still have the issues (my mom's bad health) but to a point that we should be OK to go. So the excitement is starting to set in - it is so close.:earsboy::earsboy::earsboy:

Just FYI, they just updated hours for 4/7-4/13 on the calendar. I believe they update every Friday, so I'm going to be watching carefully the next couple of weeks.
Will be watching next Friday then! We arrive on the 13th - first park day the 14th.

Just FYI, they just updated hours for 4/7-4/13 on the calendar. I believe they update every Friday, so I'm going to be watching carefully the next couple of weeks.
Oh! Those are my dates. I've been waiting for updates. Thanks!

Those are my dates, too. Once again they have Animal Kingdom with early entry at 7:30am. The animals aren't out that early. :(

We are a little less than a week away from our trip. I pulled out our suitcases and started throwing some stuff if collected in. I packed the new fabric Easter basket along with all the goodies I got the kids.

Unfortunately, every time I get around a week out from a trip, I start to rethink all of my plans. Why am I staying where I’m staying, should I switch? MK on a Sat? What was I thinking? Why did I cancel Narcossee and not book Hoop de Doo? Lol. My more DH doesn’t get it. I guess I’ll have to step away from my planning and let it all ride out. Will check the morning of for cancellations and maybe try something new.

We are a little less than a week away from our trip. I pulled out our suitcases and started throwing some stuff if collected in. I packed the new fabric Easter basket along with all the goodies I got the kids.

Unfortunately, every time I get around a week out from a trip, I start to rethink all of my plans. Why am I staying where I’m staying, should I switch? MK on a Sat? What was I thinking? Why did I cancel Narcossee and not book Hoop de Doo? Lol. My more DH doesn’t get it. I guess I’ll have to step away from my planning and let it all ride out. Will check the morning of for cancellations and maybe try something new.
I hear ya! I do the same thing. I just swapped our one night at All Star Music to Pop Century for April 8. I have a lot of luck with the Stakeout App (free version) if you are looking for any ADRs. I have MK on a Monday which is not great but it's the only day that works with the small window of time that our adult sons are joining us. Believe me I'm questioning that too! No matter what I'm sure we will both have a great time.

Has anyone been able to use the tool that Disney says is now on the Dining App? I don't evn see it, but I thought they said it would be released when they released the ability to look across several days....

Has anyone been able to use the tool that Disney says is now on the Dining App? I don't evn see it, but I thought they said it would be released when they released the ability to look across several days....
Are you referring to the ability to select several days? If you go to "reserve dining" in the app and put in a date and approximate time, it will bring up all restaurants with availability for that date and time range and then within the box for each restaurant there is an option to "check availability for Multiple Days" link under the times. It appears the ability to check multiple days only works within a specific restaurant. Alternatively if you look up a restaurant first, then hit reserve dining, you will be able to select multiple days on the calendar. Does that make sense?

Are you referring to the ability to select several days? If you go to "reserve dining" in the app and put in a date and approximate time, it will bring up all restaurants with availability for that date and time range and then within the box for each restaurant there is an option to "check availability for Multiple Days" link under the times. It appears the ability to check multiple days only works within a specific restaurant. Alternatively if you look up a restaurant first, then hit reserve dining, you will be able to select multiple days on the calendar. Does that make sense?
No this is the one that was referred to in this announcement: (https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/myma...ti-day-dining-reservation-finder-now-live.htm)

"According to WDWMAGIC sources familiar with the upgrades, a another so-far unannounced feature coming soon will include availability notifications for fully booked restaurants.

Currently, guests have to manually keep checking for an opening or rely on a third-party service to do the work for them. The new notification system will send you an alert via My Disney Experience when a reservation opens up, and you will then be able to book it through the usual methods. However, the reservation will not be made automatically, so you may be competing with other guests who have set up availability alerts for the same restaurant and date."

Maybe they haven't totally figured it out yet, or have abandoned it. Sounds to me like it would be similar to MOUSE DINING alerts.

Last edited:
No this is the one that was referred to in this announcement: (https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/myma...ti-day-dining-reservation-finder-now-live.htm)

"According to WDWMAGIC sources familiar with the upgrades, a another so-far unannounced feature coming soon will include availability notifications for fully booked restaurants.

Currently, guests have to manually keep checking for an opening or rely on a third-party service to do the work for them. The new notification system will send you an alert via My Disney Experience when a reservation opens up, and you will then be able to book it through the usual methods. However, the reservation will not be made automatically, so you may be competing with other guests who have set up availability alerts for the same restaurant and date."

Maybe they haven't totally figured it out yet, or have abandoned it. Sounds to me like it would be similar to MOUSE DINING alerts.
Oh. I hadn't heard about that! I did see a notification pop up that parts of MDE were going to be unavailable, I think tonight. I wonder if they're putting that upgrade in place. That would be great. Makes me wonder if that's why Touring Plans never updated their reservation finder algorithm because they suspected this was coming. It will make those other third party ones obsolete I would guess.

Hours now extended through around 4/20. We are watching for the following week and hoping for some extensions. No post-firework dessert parties scheduled the week of 4/22-28- only pre-party was ever scheduled. We will be at contemporary 4/25-28 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter