OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Done my reservations!
Tortilla Joe's 23rd, Tea on the 24th, Date night at Napa Rose the 24th (So Excited!), Café Orleans on the 25th, Storytellers the 26th and Goofy's on the 29th.

I feel prepared now!

ARRGGHHHH!!!! I was looking at the schedule again for 12/2. Jim Shore AND Don Hahn are going to be at the World of Disney doing signings! Now I have to decide if I’m going to spend most of the day in DTD. I LOVE Jim Shore’s work!

I have questions about Festival of Food:
- do the vendors accept Disney Gift Cards or are they cash/credit only?
- are they throughout DCA only, or elsewhere in DTD?
- will there be a list of vendors set out before we arrive or will it be an insert in the DCA map?
- if you've seen them in prior years, can you give me an idea of the types of food?

This sounds so yummy! I can't wait to see more details!

We are doing breakfast at Plaza the 28th too!

Maybe we'll see you and @mpadilla89 there too! Our time is at 8:40.

That's the hard part - I have a 13 year-old who wants to sleep her day away, a DH who wants to sleep in on his holidays, a DD11 who is up at 7am no matter what... except when we're at DLR, and then me - who wants to get up and out by 6:30 every morning!

Scheduling breakfasts so that we're not ravenous by the time we get going, and yet leaving the hotel at a reasonable time... it seems everyone in my family moves extra slowly on holidays.

That's the hard part - I have a 13 year-old who wants to sleep her day away, a DH who wants to sleep in on his holidays, a DD11 who is up at 7am no matter what... except when we're at DLR, and then me - who wants to get up and out by 6:30 every morning!

Scheduling breakfasts so that we're not ravenous by the time we get going, and yet leaving the hotel at a reasonable time... it seems everyone in my family moves extra slowly on holidays.

Ohhhhh my kids are up at the crack of dawn and we will be in a time zone two hours behind our normal lol. Our reservation is right at 7am. Gonna use it on our non magic morning day.

Good plan! I told my family our MM will be the first day. We waited til our last day last time and it was not worth it - they wasted 30 minutes and we didn't get PPF at all. So this time, we'll do it while we're 'fresh' and then I'll tell them for the rest of the week that I'll meet them at the park if they take longer than 15 minutes after I'm ready. We only have two breakfasts anyway, so it shouldn't be that much of a hardship for them to get up before 10 twice.

Still waiting for them to fill in the schedule for Dec. 3rd through 8th. Trying to figure out what day we want to see Fantasmic and world of Color. They are so slow this year releasing details!

Dec 3 thru 8 is out there. The schedule is there thru the 11th right now.

Yep, I'm there from the 2nd through the 8th, and the 3rd is the only date for Fantasmic.

Ours is at 9:30 am we might be there at the same time.

My family knows that when we vacation any where else they can get up at any time at Disney they can also but i will be there at rope drop with or with out them. And since i am the planner they always decide to get up early. I always have everything ready to go the night before.

Having been there during the holidays they know that if we are there early we will be stuck with big big crowds later and DD loves the pool so she knows if we get to the park early she can go to the pool in the afternoon.

Good plan! I told my family our MM will be the first day. We waited til our last day last time and it was not worth it - they wasted 30 minutes and we didn't get PPF at all. So this time, we'll do it while we're 'fresh' and then I'll tell them for the rest of the week that I'll meet them at the park if they take longer than 15 minutes after I'm ready. We only have two breakfasts anyway, so it shouldn't be that much of a hardship for them to get up before 10 twice.

That is what i tell my family i will leave at a certain time and i do because if i wait at the hotel they for some reason take longer. The minute they see me grab my stuff and open the door they are magically ready. DD9 is always right behind me but DH can literally take forever to do nothing.

Ohhhhh my kids are up at the crack of dawn and we will be in a time zone two hours behind our normal lol. Our reservation is right at 7am. Gonna use it on our non magic morning day.
My kids are up super early too, so I know I won't have to pry anyone out of bed. We plan to grab breakfast to go on our way to the parks. Might as well take advantage of the first hour in the park.

That is what i tell my family i will leave at a certain time and i do because if i wait at the hotel they for some reason take longer. The minute they see me grab my stuff and open the door they are magically ready. DD9 is always right behind me but DH can literally take forever to do nothing.

My DH got the same memo I think, LOL. I understand the desire to sleep in on holidays, but when I'm at DLR, there's no such thing! If I say I'll meet them I get the, "no, we should go as a family" so then I have to delay for them. I'll have to figure out how to work out the timings because they don't understand how busy it can get after rope drop.

My DH got the same memo I think, LOL. I understand the desire to sleep in on holidays, but when I'm at DLR, there's no such thing! If I say I'll meet them I get the, "no, we should go as a family" so then I have to delay for them. I'll have to figure out how to work out the timings because they don't understand how busy it can get after rope drop.
Right. I usually plan the day well i think. So they always think it goes smoothly, but they don't understand that there is a method to this madness. If I am traveling with other family members i tell them the day before what time i will be down stairs. By now they know that i will leave them lol and they are sometimes even downstairs before me.

I have questions about Festival of Food:
- do the vendors accept Disney Gift Cards or are they cash/credit only?
- are they throughout DCA only, or elsewhere in DTD?
- will there be a list of vendors set out before we arrive or will it be an insert in the DCA map?
- if you've seen them in prior years, can you give me an idea of the types of food?

Was at the resort yesterday, all the buildings are currently up, same as last years. No menus on the buildings they all say coming soon. There is nothing in DTD related to this event. Had I seen this yesterday I would have taken pictures of where they are located

Eagerly awaiting a updated Parks blog post, the holiday season is starting a week on Thursday so really hoping we get something this week.

We will be going that week as well! There is some sort of weightlifting championship going on Nov. 28-30. I'm not sure if that would have an effect of the availability or not!
I am wondering if there is another convention going on as well!
I’ve had our rezzies booked since mid summer and things were tight even then! This was once the premium time to come as Thanksgiving crowds were over and the park was virtually empty...that was 8-10/years ago.
Now every year gets worse...and it will probably be our last to DL. WDW is farther away but worth the trek.

Have been seeing holiday time Disneyworld commercials for a few weeks. Just saw the Disneyland one twice this morning. Guess they must have just started airing it today. Commercial is played to the song "It's the most wonderful time of the year". Seeing the commercial really starts upping the anticipation of the holiday season . :)

Have been seeing holiday time Disneyworld commercials for a few weeks. Just saw the Disneyland one twice this morning. Guess they must have just started airing it today. Commercial is played to the song "It's the most wonderful time of the year". Seeing the commercial really starts upping the anticipation of the holiday season . :)
Ooooooooooo I wanna see it! Wonder if it's available online anywhere..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter