Official December 2008

We leave tomorrow morning at 7am!!! :cool1: :cool1:
We'll be in Orlando by 10:15am and my daughter still doesn't know! I've packed secretly! We watched the Samantha Brown Christmas at Disney show and she kept saying "I wish we could go at Christmastime". I said well we'll have to save up our money to go sometime. Oh she is really going to flip tomorrow morning :cloud9: ! I'm still trying to think of some magnificent way of telling her. She'll definitely know when we get to the airport because she knows how to spell "ORLANDO"!:rotfl2:
All of you have wonderful trips!!!
:goodvibes

Just returned Dec 7 from Pop Century.

The parks were crazy busy.
The pools at the resort were lukewarm, too cold for me to go swimming in 50 degree weather. I think the cool days and cold nights prevented the pools from getting up to temperature.

I'm glad we did it, the Osborne lights were fantastic but will not do December again.

I see you've been in August before. Did you think December was busier than that? We're due to leave in 2 days and have never been in December before-don't know what to expect.

I see you've been in August before. Did you think December was busier than that? We're due to leave in 2 days and have never been in December before-don't know what to expect.

Definitely busier than when we're there in August for the free food. The stroller parking areas were over flowing. Some rides had triple digit wait times but creative fastpass usage meant we had low wait times.

I didn't think it was unbearable but we never left at closing time, we either left an hour ahead or an hour after. Parades and fireworks were quite packed as well, show up early and stand your ground.

We leave tomorrow morning at 7am!!! :cool1: :cool1:
We'll be in Orlando by 10:15am and my daughter still doesn't know! I've packed secretly! We watched the Samantha Brown Christmas at Disney show and she kept saying "I wish we could go at Christmastime". I said well we'll have to save up our money to go sometime. Oh she is really going to flip tomorrow morning :cloud9: ! I'm still trying to think of some magnificent way of telling her. She'll definitely know when we get to the airport because she knows how to spell "ORLANDO"!:rotfl2:
All of you have wonderful trips!!!
:goodvibes

Have you tried one of those call from a character? I did it for my mom one time and she loved it. It costs $2.49, and it is so worth it. They are called Disney Enchanted Calls. So cool, great way to break the news.

we leave tomorrow too one night at asp and 7 nights akl see you there

We leave in 13 hours and will also be at AKL. I will be the wife, riding an ECV and fussing at her DH.

We have been in Aug once and Dec twice and it is comparable. We were surprised how small the crowds were then and the week we are going in Dec is the slowest to me Dec 13-21. the crowds will pick up by Sun, Dec 21 and maybe even Sat afternoon.

Suzanne

Finally... I'm going to bed now... so I can lie awake all night until my alarm goes off at 5:00 and we can head out for the airport. We fly out at 7:40am and we'll land at MCO at 5:35pm. I can't believe we're going to be in WDW tomorrow!!!

Definitely busier than when we're there in August for the free food. The stroller parking areas were over flowing. Some rides had triple digit wait times but creative fastpass usage meant we had low wait times.

I didn't think it was unbearable but we never left at closing time, we either left an hour ahead or an hour after. Parades and fireworks were quite packed as well, show up early and stand your ground.

Love the comment, "show up early and stand your ground". Thanks for the tips. We're not fans of big crowds (not fun with small children), so this may be our one and only Disney Christmas. :santa: :sad2:

Anyone else have any advice or suggestions for going this time of the year?
Thanks in advance.

5 days until we leave. I guess that means I really have to get moving with my packing!

Yay we're leaving tomorrow morning and looking forward to a great time in the World....
14th through the 19th at the Animal Kingdom Villas

After booking this way back in March.....we are leaving in 10 1/2 hours!!! Still packing ( had a migraine today) but starting to feel better and gettin excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter