**Official December 2010 Thread!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are posting that they are getting free dining pin codes. So far they are only good untill Nov. 18th. ( maybe they will extend it untill DEC.) Has anyone got anything for DEC. yet????

What's a pin code? I want in on this free dining!

My folks and I (their adult kid), will be heading to WDW December 1-12, staying at the Boardwalk Inn, club level!

:) - Carey

What's a pin code? I want in on this free dining!

My folks and I (their adult kid), will be heading to WDW December 1-12, staying at the Boardwalk Inn, club level!

:) - Carey

They get e-mail to you. Its all up to luck on who gets the pin codes.

We are booked for our first stay at HOME as DVC members! We just purchased.

Seems like a lot of us are going the first week of Dec. count us in.

December 4-11th
Bay Lake Tower- Bay lake view one bedroom

Deciding on 8 day park hoppers vs APs
Planning on MVMCP and maybe Dessert Party if they still offer it again!
Right now, planning to eat a lot in our room since we have a full kitchen, but also planning O'hana, Crystal Palace breakfast, Chef Mickey's breakfast, Le Cellier and Teppan Edo and maybe JIKO. :)

Where are you planning to eat?

oh and check out my PRE Trip report too in the link below in blue.......if you have a PTR, let me know- i love reading them!

People are posting that they are getting free dining pin codes. So far they are only good untill Nov. 18th. ( maybe they will extend it untill DEC.) Has anyone got anything for DEC. yet????
I got a pin, but not for Free dining, it was for like 30% off deluxe rooms (and much less off on value/mods).
It was only good through August though.

Getting a pin is still a mystery-----many who go to WDW every year, more than once a year never receive them, and yet others do. There is no real formula to getting one, it is pretty random. However, i think the more you engage with Disney online, the better your chances are. We received a free dining pin last year after I registered for the free maps. So log on, request hte free DVD, maps or whatever else- register for everything they let you do on their site, the more you are in their database, the better, i guess. lol

I don't think I've seen the answer to this can some one tell me if they know what date the 2010 Christmas day parade (I know they pretape it) is? I think its typically the first Saturday or Sunday of the month. Also does anyone know if its a parade like any other where you just have to find a seat and wait for the magic to begin?

So, I am trying to decide whether the parade is worth coming for despite the crowds and standing around. We love seeing the parade on Christmas morning but if I getting the right message is I love it because of the editting and the comfort of my own home. My original thoughts were to take an extra day to compensate for the day of waiting for the parade (coming Friday and leaving the following Saturday) but perhaps its not worth it, come in on the Sat and miss the crowds at MK. We have done this same week before and loved it immensely. This go round will be different with the 40% pin and staying at AKL. Maybe that's enough??

The christmas parade taping is almost always the first weekend in December (that saturday typically), unless weather interferes. They did have some weather issues with rain this year.

Unless you are just really into it, i wouldn't do the parade- you can see the Christmas parade (very similar to the one they tape) every night of the MVMCP (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) and they run it twice a night for that. MVMCP's are usually on sunday, tues, thurs and fridays in December. They run the parade usually at 8;15pm and 10:30pm. We always watch the second one- minimal crowds and a great time!

I believe you have to actually be 'selected' or sign up to be in the parade audience. I don't think you can just walk up and be included, they have audience control. I think AP holders are given first dibs at tickets. I am pretty sure they have the taping area roped off, so if you do plan to do the MK that day and don't have a 'ticket' to be a parade audience member, then you have to walk around long ways to get around the main street area.

We will be arriving that Saturday and plan to avoid the MK completely! I know it will probably be a madhouse.

We are joing the Dec 4-11 club! Anyone else a little scared of Pop Warner?

So far no pin codes. I am hoping for a good 40% or even better the 7 for 4 deal they ran last year. I was hoping for SV/GV at the Contemporary, but I cannot get all of the dates. Right now I have two long weekends booked, but I am missing the Tues & Wed night in between. I may just book Poly for the week to "get it done". Also, we have not ruled our renting dvc points at BLT. No airline booked yet, but I am thinking about getting that ball rolling soon - we hope to fly on our Amex miles so I need to start figuring out how to redeem!

Hi everyone - the list of December 2010-ers is growing steadily!! :goodvibes

Regarding Pop Warner.. I was there last Dec for PW week and it really didn't affect our trip - occasionally we'd see groups of cheerleaders in the parks, but not huge groups like the South American tour groups that visit WDW in the summer months... maybe Pop & All Star Resorts might be busy with the PW families though? :confused3

Happy planning everyone! ... hopefully MVMCP tickets will go on sale May 1st so I can start 'properly' planning the December trip!! :rotfl:

Emma princess: x

You won't notice the Pop Warner folks too much if you don't stay at a value or the moderate overflop. If you are staying at a Deluxe, no problems. We will be there staying at the Poly that week.

If you go to the MVMCP, you will notice them. Not too bad, overall.....
They stay busy in the day time. They are NOCTURNAL:rotfl:.

The christmas parade taping is almost always the first weekend in December (that saturday typically), unless weather interferes. They did have some weather issues with rain this year.

Unless you are just really into it, i wouldn't do the parade- you can see the Christmas parade (very similar to the one they tape) every night of the MVMCP (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) and they run it twice a night for that. MVMCP's are usually on sunday, tues, thurs and fridays in December. They run the parade usually at 8;15pm and 10:30pm. We always watch the second one- minimal crowds and a great time!

I believe you have to actually be 'selected' or sign up to be in the parade audience. I don't think you can just walk up and be included, they have audience control. I think AP holders are given first dibs at tickets. I am pretty sure they have the taping area roped off, so if you do plan to do the MK that day and don't have a 'ticket' to be a parade audience member, then you have to walk around long ways to get around the main street area.

We will be arriving that Saturday and plan to avoid the MK completely! I know it will probably be a madhouse.

We were in the audience in 2008, and it's NOT like a regular parade. Like most TV productions, there are "cut!"s, retakes, resets and all the fun that goes with that. It took about an hour to tape about ten seconds worth. :laughing: It was fun, though, and we received free admission to MK. We left our spots mid-morning to eat at CP and enjoy the park. It was NOT a madhouse!! In fact, most people were so interested in the parade (and stayed away assuming it was a madhouse), the rest of the park was really easy to tour.

We were also there during PW, and like others have said, we hardly noticed them. We were at YC and SoG, so we saw the occasional family that decided to upgrade, but nothing like the things I've read from those who've stayed in the values at that time.

We'll be there the same time this year. :banana::banana::banana: We haven't decided on the exact dates, but I can't waaaaait!!

Thinking about week after Thanksgiving (Nov 29th) vs. week after parade (Dec 6th)?! Any thoughts/advice?? We don't want to be there for xmas parade taping!!!! WWYD??

We are joing the Dec 4-11 club! Anyone else a little scared of Pop Warner?

So far no pin codes. I am hoping for a good 40% or even better the 7 for 4 deal they ran last year. I was hoping for SV/GV at the Contemporary, but I cannot get all of the dates. Right now I have two long weekends booked, but I am missing the Tues & Wed night in between. I may just book Poly for the week to "get it done". Also, we have not ruled our renting dvc points at BLT. No airline booked yet, but I am thinking about getting that ball rolling soon - we hope to fly on our Amex miles so I need to start figuring out how to redeem!
Welcome to the 12/4 club! :rotfl::wizard:

Not scared of Pop at all. We went the first week of Dec back in 07, stayed at POR. I only saw POP kids twice during 9 days in the parks- once on the bus (we used our rental car mostly) and once at MK on space mtn queue- it was a bunch of little boys and the ride broke down just as we were about to board. These boys were so well behaved (especially given a long wait in queue when it broke down). We chatted with them quite a bit. Never saw or recognized any others in the parks.

Now we DID have issues at POR though- had to call security on loud cheerleaders running up and down the corridors at all hours of the night- their bus unloaded right outside our door at 11pm. it was nuts. Also saw bad behavior at the pool and the food court was crowded, but we managed. If you aren't staying at a value or the overflow mod , then you are good- they mostly affect those resorts (not the parks) in my experience.

We were in the audience in 2008, and it's NOT like a regular parade. Like most TV productions, there are "cut!"s, retakes, resets and all the fun that goes with that. It took about an hour to tape about ten seconds worth. :laughing: It was fun, though, and we received free admission to MK. We left our spots mid-morning to eat at CP and enjoy the park. It was NOT a madhouse!! In fact, most people were so interested in the parade (and stayed away assuming it was a madhouse), the rest of the park was really easy to tour.

We were also there during PW, and like others have said, we hardly noticed them. We were at YC and SoG, so we saw the occasional family that decided to upgrade, but nothing like the things I've read from those who've stayed in the values at that time.

We'll be there the same time this year. :banana::banana::banana: We haven't decided on the exact dates, but I can't waaaaait!!
very interesting to know. I was wondering if the MK is empty that morning while everyone is doing the parade or if folks think they can just walk up and be in the taping so that increases crowds. good to know it wasn't really crowded. I still am not sure I want to try MK that day though- i assume like you, most doing the parade taping will stay that night and it will get crowded later on? We arrive that day, so i wasn't going to do MK until sunday, 12/5- do they still tape on sunday too? thanks for sharing great info! :thumbsup2

anyone doing MVMCP and if so, what date are you looking at? I think we are going to consider Thursday, 12/9. I have an itenerary already going, but i know i will change it a ton before then!

We booked Fort Wilderness Cabins for November 28th - December 4th. It will be our second trip as a family - first was this same week in 2008 at CSR - and our first trip with my parents joining us. So excited to experience Christmas in Disney again!!

Thinking about week after Thanksgiving (Nov 29th) vs. week after parade (Dec 6th)?! Any thoughts/advice?? We don't want to be there for xmas parade taping!!!! WWYD??

We went the week after Thanksgiving in 2008 and just booked the same week for this year. We did not go to Magic Kingdom on the day of the parade taping so I cannot speak to that aspect of it, but this week was great! The weather was mid 70s all week, the wait times for most rides was non existent, and the Christmas decorations are all up during this week also. We rode several of the most popular rides in all 4 parks over and over again with no wait times. The crowd at Chef Mickey's was so low that we were visited by each character 3 or 4 times throughout our dinner. We are hoping for a similar crowd experience this year. I have heard that it slowly picks up each week leading up to Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter