**Official December 2010 Thread!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're planning on 12/3-12/7 @ the Wilderness Lodge. It will mean taking DD out of school for 2 days (and using my 2 personal days at my own school...) and will also mean no Princess half-marathon in 2011...but we're dying to see the Christmas lights live and in-person! (And, of course...we have 2008 and 2009 shirts...we have to have 2010, too!)

Hey everyone!!!!! We will be there too!!!!!!!! Nov. 28th through Dec. 7th!!!
We are staying at POP with my family of 4, my parents, my sister and brother (and their plus 1s) and my sister and her family!!! Doing 7 days in-park with a day reserved for Sea World (we have seasons passes through Busch Gardens). We already booked but are hoping (fingers crossed) for free DDP this year!!!!! Can't wait~

Hi everyone!

I was just about to start a December 2010 thread.. then realised there already is one!! :goodvibes

I actually just went to WDW for December 9th-14th last year with my sister... we had an amazing time, it was 5 days full of festive fun & Disney magic!! :santa: (almost finished my TR.. in signature!)

Now, DBF really enjoys WDW but is not quite the Disney-obsessed fan that I am! Yet he seemed genuinely jealous that I was going to WDW without him!
So.. I suggested, the two of us go in December 2010, and also go somewhere we've never been, but have always wanted to.. New York City!!

Then, something happened over the holidays that made me think this trip would have to be postponed because.. DBF proposed!!!!! :woohoo: It was a complete surprise and I am totally over the moon, not stopped smiling since Christmas morning :lovestruc .. so now we obviously need to save money for our wedding, but DBF (now.. DF I guess!) said it was still fine to for us to go on vacation in December 2010.. I'm calling it our Engagement Vacation! :cutie:

On Sunday, I booked our flights - I got a good deal with Virgin Atlantic for the transatlantic flights, £380 each + some of my frequent flyer miles.. :thumbsup2 .. just need to book the JFK to MCO flight, think I can do this on Jet Blue in a few months time.

My family are DVC members so yesterday we booked a studio at our home resort.. Disney's Boardwalk Villas, with a boardwalk view!
DF and I have stayed at BWV, SSR & YC together so far.. and BW is probably our fave!

We'll be in NYC December 8th-11th then WDW 11th-17th

I can't wait to see the Christmas decorations again, go to MVMCP and all the other great festive things at the most magical place on earth! :wizard:

Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's plans

Emma princess:

We'll be there Dec. 8-16. We're staying at the Contemporary! Just last night my DS asked if we could go back to Disney World. We won't tell him until just before we leave, as we had to cancel our Feb. trip due to work committments.

Soooo excited! Just booked our 11/28-12/4 trip today using a 40% pin (first time using pin code!) We'll being staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We can't wait to see it decorated:woohoo:

We will be there doing our Planning Session for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding! :yay: I am super excited to be going over Christmastime as we have never been during this time, and I LOVE Christmas! It will be a short trip because DF does not have a lot of vacation time. Here is what we are thinking so far, (we are waiting to book until May when we get our date confirmed).

Hotel: Dolphin (we want to stay here because we've never before, and while Disney's hotels are at peak rates this week, the Swan and Dolphin are offering some of their lowest rates of the year.)
Dinning: Biergarten in Epcot (hopefully booking the dinner package for seating at the Candlelight Processional.)
Jiko at AKL after a day in the AK
T-rex, this is DF's pick and is new since out last trip.
Ill Mulino or Bluezoo, can't decide. Any suggestions?
Lunch at Big River Grille and Brewing Works
Christmas activities: All of them! MVMCP (anyone know when dates come out?), Candlelight processional, Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights, etc.

*I hope the crowds aren't too bad since it's close to Christmas, but me and DF are both college students so we can't go until after finals.

Count us in too! We'll be staying at SSR from Dec 5th to the 18th. DH & I call SSR "Home". Took him to Disney for the 1st time for his 25th bday (almost 13 yrs ago) and he's been addicted ever since.

We bought into DVC @ SSR two years ago and this will be our 3rd visit home. First visit was January 2008 with the his parents. We loved seeing everything decorated. This year we're talking my folks - they wanted to see it decorated and we're celebrating a year of my dad being cancer free.

Can't wait to go!! Booked our airline tickets yesterday - USAir had a great deal that we just couldn't pass up.

We wil be there from Nov 28 to Dec 9 at WL. It's our 4th trip but 1st for Christmas time. You can stop by to check my PTR.

We wil be there from Nov 28 to Dec 9 at WL. It's our 4th trip but 1st for Christmas time. You can stop by to check my PTR.

TopDog, I have to say that I am on day 4 of your disaster report......WOW, your pictures are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! We will be there Nov. 28th through Dec. 7th! I can only hope to bump into you and shake your hand!

TopDog, I have to say that I am on day 4 of your disaster report......WOW, your pictures are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! We will be there Nov. 28th through Dec. 7th! I can only hope to bump into you and shake your hand!

Hi. Thank you for stopping by to read my TR. Glad you like the pictures. I will make sure to have my LGMH ready so you can spot me while I am in the park. I plan to have a whole lot more pictures for this trip.

Count us in too!

Were there 4th-20th December:
4-9th Swan and Dolphin
9th our WDW wedding at the Yacht Club :bride:
9-11 Yacht Club Resort
11-18 Disney Magic Western Cruise
18-20 Wilderness Lodge Villas

We are soooooo excited!:yay:

We were there this past Dec. and received a bounce back offer, so we booked for 12/4 - 12/12 at the GF. We just love Disney at Christmas time!:santa:

We are arriving on Nov. 28th also and I had to comment on your signature, Pyrate_Pryncess - I see that you are trying to lose 30 lbs in 10 months. I am trying to lose 40 (but more like 30 lbs) - any tips on your success so far?

Count us in too!

Were there 4th-20th December:
4-9th Swan and Dolphin
9th our WDW wedding at the Yacht Club :bride:
9-11 Yacht Club Resort
11-18 Disney Magic Western Cruise
18-20 Wilderness Lodge Villas

We are soooooo excited!:yay:

A wedding at Disney - how exciting! Congratulations - sounds like wonderful honeymoon plans as well!

Count us in! We are planning a surprise trip after Christmas. Thinking 12/28 thru 1/4. Is all the Christmas stuff still up then?
We aren't even going to tell the kids where we are going until they figure it out for themselves. Just going to pack up and head out "for a little trip". I am going to leave "hints" around the house starting in October but nothing to obvious. Maybe a mickey head or two will just appear, not sure yet.
I am so excited about it. It will be my family of 5 and a friend and her son. We are thinkning about staying at Pop in 2 rooms. We are still in the planning stage trying to see what the school schedule is for next year, but that is our plans so far!!!

We are arriving on Nov. 28th also and I had to comment on your signature, Pyrate_Pryncess - I see that you are trying to lose 30 lbs in 10 months. I am trying to lose 40 (but more like 30 lbs) - any tips on your success so far?

So far Heaven2DC , I've just been getting a little more active and I have banned McDonalds! We got into the habit of eating fast food way too much and now I am trying to cut it out! I haven't done it completely yet though but I have really good motivation.......We went last time with my inlaws and they are a bunch of super skinny people so in the pics I was the stand out! Im only 4 ft 11 so any weight shows on me! We have a YMCA membership but my 3 year old was kicked out of the "Y" when he was about 2! I have to meet with the board and show them proof of his "special needs"" and they will let us come back! Once I can start going again I am sure that I can do it!!! Disney is a great motivator for me....we also live 10 minutes away from one of the biggest water parks on the east coast also so that helps some too! The best advice I have is add extra steps into your day and eat your veggies!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! :wave2:

I am SO happy to be able to post on this thread!! :cool1:

This weekend, I booked my FIRST ever trip to Disney World! We will be there from 12/10 to 12/19, staying at Pop. It will be myself, DH, and DM (mom). DH has been before when he was a teenager, but my mom and I have not.

We are Disneyland nuts as we live in northen California, so this will be a wonderful change!

Hope to see some of you there!

Us too!!! from 12/18 - 12/28 at POFQ. This will be our 4th Christmas trip. '04 @ CS, '06 @ ASM and '08 @ WL. This time we are doing a Grand Gathering with some friends. Can't wait!!!:yay::yay::yay:

We are going December 1 to December 8. Currently, we have a 2 BR at SSR. Hoping at 7 months to get into BLT (yeah, right), a little pixie dust please!!

We've NEVER been during the holidays and are planning to go resort hopping to view the decorations. Also, we're getting the dining plan and planning to eat at places we normally would not, especially at the resorts. Why not we'll be passing through them anyway!!

We will be there Dec 1st-11th staying at Pop Century. This year we get to celebrated two birthdays while we are there. There is nothing like Disney decorated for the holidays!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter