***Official December 2017 thread!

I have a question I would have expected to know by now but can't recall - if I use my 3 main FP for the day, at either HS or E - when I am adding additional ones thru MDE can I (if they are available that day) select one from another tier. My example being I wanted (and got) Toy Story and ToT for my 2 HS days, will I be able to add RnRC one of those days if its open? Or can not "cross tiers" on the same day?

Yes! Once you use the ones you have booked everything is fair game.

I know there are also some tricks for FP when booking less than three ahead posted here https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-fps-for-long-stays.3538258/ but my mind can't quite get everything straight enough to explain it.

So it is looking like we are going to have to cancel for this December. My DS broke his nose and now has to have surgery so using the last of our vacation days for this. Super sad, but we decided that when we go next summer we can stay deluxe! Everyone have a great trip!

I'm sorry that you have to cancel but a deluxe in the summer will be so much fun.

Got up at 4:48 am to get all ready for FP to help the son out. I went on at 4:58 and kept hitting refresh and scored for second day out 2 FoP. I couldn't believe it as he said he kept trying and could not get FoP. I found out he was trying for 6 at a time. Had to drop it down and split up to get them. Tomorrow I must get up early again for the 13th of December! Didn't let us go beyond our Throw away room reservations check out day. Hoping for 7DMT.

Wishing everyone good thoughts!

I have a question I would have expected to know by now but can't recall - if I use my 3 main FP for the day, at either HS or E - when I am adding additional ones thru MDE can I (if they are available that day) select one from another tier. My example being I wanted (and got) Toy Story and ToT for my 2 HS days, will I be able to add RnRC one of those days if its open? Or can not "cross tiers" on the same day?

If I am remembering correctly yes once you use the three FP you can get another "headliner" if it is available. You could even, if you had Park Hoppers, jump to another park once you touch your band for that last FP to go on MDE and look for another FP in another park.

Whoops I didn't see the other reply!

Hi , December thread! We originally belonged to a September thread...then Irma came along and Disney had to cancel my trip (because Ft Wilderness was closed :worried: ). But, now we get to see the Christmas Decorations, and we are getting excited :santa:! We will be staying at Ft Wilderness Cabins Dec 12-17. I am so happy to have found this Thread. Getting close to booking our Fastpasses! Still trying to get dining, because we were not 180 days out when our trip was rescheduled. I'm sure we will get our favorites, but may be Last minute. Looking forward to seeing some of you, in December :tinker::love:

Phew FPs are done! It was a late night trying to get everything figured out then an early morning since I'm on the West Coast so a bit bleary eyed. Thrilled that we got FOP twice - day 64 and 65, thought the times weren't exactly what I wanted but they still work as a plan B without throwing everything off. Disappointed that I couldn't get SDMT for the day we wanted it (day 61) as the rest of our MK days are rope drops and the party but managed to get it for 5-6pm on the day of the party so that works! Things are shaping up like this:

Mon: leave Universal and arrive at POP; hit up Disney Springs - specifically Jock's Hanger
Tue: MK rope drop(FP+ BTMR; HM; PP); afternoon/evening off from parks and BOMA ADR at 5:35
Wed: DHS rope drop; afternoon break then Epcot for Biergarten, FEA FP+ and CP at 6:45; then head over to MK for HEA
Thurs: 1900 Park Fare breakfast, explore monorail resorts to see Xmas decorations; ESPN late lunch/early dinner, SDMT FP+ and MVMCP!!
Fri: MK EMH, Tusker House ROL dining, FP+ KS, EE and FOP
Sat: AK EMH - FP+ for EE (might switch to KS), FOTL and FOP; afternoon break then dinner at Mama Melrose before Galactic Nights
Sun: Epcot rode drop - FEA, TT single rider, FP+ MS, SE and Soarin; Coral Reef early lunch before heading to the airport

As per usual we've booked more ADRs than intended and will likely need a vacation from our vacation when we're done but oh well :)

Last edited:
The entertainment scheduled for Disney Springs has been released!

Holidays at Disney Springs: November 11-January 8
  • Snowflake & Toy Soldier Stilt Walkers Roaming throughout Disney Springs 6:00pm-10:00pm
  • Holiday Carolers in the Marketplace 6:00pm-10:00pm
  • Meet Santa at his Chalet in the Marketplace across from Ghirardelli 12:00pm-10:00pm(thru December 24)
  • Meet Santa Goofy at the Santa Chalet in the Marketplace across from Ghirardelli 12:00pm-10:00pm(December 25-30)
  • Starbright Holidays - An Intel Collaboration at 7:00 & 8:30pm

The entertainment scheduled for Disney Springs has been released!

Holidays at Disney Springs: November 11-January 8
  • Snowflake & Toy Soldier Stilt Walkers Roaming throughout Disney Springs 6:00pm-10:00pm
  • Holiday Carolers in the Marketplace 6:00pm-10:00pm
  • Meet Santa at his Chalet in the Marketplace across from Ghirardelli 12:00pm-10:00pm(thru December 24)
  • Meet Santa Goofy at the Santa Chalet in the Marketplace across from Ghirardelli 12:00pm-10:00pm(December 25-30)
  • Starbright Holidays - An Intel Collaboration at 7:00 & 8:30pm
This doesn't reference the Xmas Tree Trail, which I will assume is because it's there during all operating hours during the holiday window.

Each new release of info means we are just that much closer!!

This doesn't reference the Xmas Tree Trail, which I will assume is because it's there during all operating hours during the holiday window.

Each new release of info means we are just that much closer!!
I've been looking for info about those hours as well but I believe the tree trail is open day around, just don't quote me on that, I still haven't found an official confirmation.

Anyone else doing the Yuletide Fantasy tour on 14th? Those that have done it before know how long does this one takes? We have reservations for The Garden View Tea Room at 3:15pm, I wonder if it'll be possible to go back to ASMusic beforehand?

Well, thank you for that. Now I have added a whole set of other must-do's for this trip. We need to do the XMas Tree Trail, Stitch's Holiday Gift Hunt. Now to figure out what I can alter in order to get to DS more than once.
I did the XTT last year, it took maybe 20 minutes total and we strolled slowly and took photos of each tree, and it was a Sat night and DS was MOBBED - so depending how long you planned for DS you may not need another trip just for the XTT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter