***Official December 2023 Thread***

I think the main spine will be open, but CommuniCore Hall will still be blocked off with wall. Most of the walkways and garden spaces are finished. At least that's what I'm hoping for....

Do we foresee them extending any of the December hours at all, or have we passed the point of that happening?

I wish MK would stay open past 9 on non-party days. :sad1:
Was just checking the app, and I see updated hours for the week of December 3!

MK is now open until 11pm on non-party days. AK is open at 8am every day of the week. MK and HS are opening earlier on a few days.

We extended our stay an additional day so now we’re leaving on the 6th! Are we crazy to tackle Epcot on the 5th for the new nighttime show?

We extended our stay an additional day so now we’re leaving on the 6th! Are we crazy to tackle Epcot on the 5th for the new nighttime show?
December 5th has a Christmas party at Magic Kingdom. That means the crowd has to go someone else, and I would think that Epcot would be crowded. But Epcot is huge with lots of good viewing areas, so you should be okay. :)

I’m hopping back on the boards after a few months away... we were originally booked for a split stay between PVC and BCV 12/10-12/15, but due to a serious health issue that happened unexpectedly we weren't sure if we’d be able to make it, so we canceled those reservations (they were rented points so we had to do it as soon as possible to get most of our money refunded or risk losing all the money).

We booked CBR and made dining reservations just in case we were able to make it work - and after a few months filled with lots of tests and a surgery, I’m thrilled to say that we are definitely able to make it! Woo hoo! We are so grateful for a positive outcome and for feeling better on the health front, and for the scheduling to work out so we can enjoy the holiday season in our happy place!

19 days to go… we ordered groceries, arranged transportation from and to the airport, and did online check in last night, and even ordered a couple of new shirts for good measure! Needless to say, we will enjoy and truly appreciate every minute of this trip. We can’t wait to hit up all the food at Festival of the Holidays, listen to all the music, and see allllll the decorations!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We booked CBR and made dining reservations just in case we were able to make it work - and after a few months filled with lots of tests and a surgery, I’m thrilled to say that we are definitely able to make it! Woo hoo! We are so grateful for a positive outcome and for feeling better on the health front, and for the scheduling to work out so we can enjoy the holiday season in our happy place!
That is great news! It is nice that you were able to rescue your trip. :)

Does anyone know when park hours for Christmas/NYE get updated? It seems quite late for these not be finalised yet :/

Does anyone know when park hours for Christmas/NYE get updated? It seems quite late for these not be finalised yet :/
Also, jumping on this as well, I am curious when they do finally update Christmas week, will they post the parade times? I'm seeing differing historical times of 12/12:45 and 3/3:45 and trying to plan my day accordingly as I would love to catch the Christmas parade on the 29th!

Also, jumping on this as well, I am curious when they do finally update Christmas week, will they post the parade times? I'm seeing differing historical times of 12/12:45 and 3/3:45 and trying to plan my day accordingly as I would love to catch the Christmas parade on the 29th!
It's anybody's guess. I would hope sometime during the first 2 weeks of December but I've read from another thread that historically it's been about 2 weeks in advance. I know there have been trips when at least an additional hour has been posted while we were actually there. Perhaps not during the holiday week as I've never been there during that time but it has happened to December hours in the past.

Last edited:
There have been some extensions of park hours for the week of 12/10. I was surprised that MK and AK didn’t get more 7:00 EE / 8:00 opening hours. I wonder if they don’t have as many bookings / ticket sales as the weeks of 12/3 and 11/26 or if they are just trying to cut operating costs?

There have been some extensions of park hours for the week of 12/10. I was surprised that MK and AK didn’t get more 7:00 EE / 8:00 opening hours. I wonder if they don’t have as many bookings / ticket sales as the weeks of 12/3 and 11/26 or if they are just trying to cut operating costs?
I was hoping for earlier start times for those two.. but there's still time maybe/hopefully lol

It now looks like theme park tickets are no longer available for MK on Christmas Day and also NYE for both MK and EP. Can't say I'm surprised! Not sure if Disney would raise capacity for those days though. Does anyone know if they've done that in the past for these holidays?

We will be there December 13 - 16 and going to the MVMCP on December 14th, then HS December 15th. We have never been in December before. I am trying to figure out the weather and what to wear, especially to the party because it'll be late & dark. We normally go in August (super hot) but I am guessing we might need to wear long pants or a hoodie? We are from Canada so I know we'll still be good to swim in the afternoon, and unless it's going to be below 60F/15C we will be good in shorts, at least during the day. Trying not to over pack, we are also going on a cruise after Disney.

Any way! For regular December people, any thoughts on the weather? I know it could still be variable, but I am just trying to figure out if we'll need extra warmer clothes.

Looking forward to seeing Disney in December!
I'm a bit annoyed that we'll probably have some days that hit high 70s/80F for our trip next week. That's hotter than we wanted. I'm on the fence for whether or not we bring our heavy coats at all. I'm not even sure we'll need them at home for our travel days, so it seems silly to pack them for Florida.
It might just end up depending on how much space we have left after I finish packing.
It now looks like theme park tickets are no longer available for MK on Christmas Day and also NYE for both MK and EP. Can't say I'm surprised! Not sure if Disney would raise capacity for those days though. Does anyone know if they've done that in the past for these holidays?
Epcot rarely actually closes, so I'm sure it's more to do with trying to divert people to the other parks at the beginning of the day. Magic Kingdom is more limited in general, and does frequently close to entering guests on those days.

I'm a bit annoyed that we'll probably have some days that hit high 70s/80F for our trip next week. That's hotter than we wanted. I'm on the fence for whether or not we bring our heavy coats at all. I'm not even sure we'll need them at home for our travel days, so it seems silly to pack them for Florida.
It might just end up depending on how much space we have left after I finish packing.
We've gone many times in December and it has been in the 80's during the day and has fallen to the 50s in the evening. The first time that happened it was unexpected. Now, we just do layers under a windbreaker. A hat was also essential if the wind kicked up. We have to take something a bit heavier like at least a fleece jacket this coming trip as we're driving and stopping in VA for a couple of days but have never taken a heavy coat and we've been fine. Maybe it's just because I'm from New England but it's always been enough for us. I also prefer the cooler temps particularly since it is during the holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter