***Official December 2023 Thread***

We've gone many times in December and it has been in the 80's during the day and has fallen to the 50s in the evening. The first time that happened it was unexpected. Now, we just do layers under a windbreaker. A hat was also essential if the wind kicked up. We have to take something a bit heavier like at least a fleece jacket this coming trip as we're driving and stopping in VA for a couple of days but have never taken a heavy coat and we've been fine. Maybe it's just because I'm from New England but it's always been enough for us. I also prefer the cooler temps particularly since it is during the holidays.
My kids hate wearing coats, so I doubt they'll even wear them if we have them. Everyone will have a sweatshirt, and probably a jacket, so we can layer up. They're also each packing 2 pairs of long pants.
I decided to go with a few dresses for myself, so I can either do nothing, biker shorts, or leggings under.
I just spent a couple days in Philadelphia, and we only needed our heavy coats for like 15 minutes.

I just dropped the following ADRs
Dec 2 5PM Cape May Cafe
Dec 5 2:20PM Space 220
Dec 6 7:45PM Space 220
If you could put this on the dining thread instead of on here that would be appreciated...https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-dining-reservations.180/

Last edited:
I'm so excited. 21 days from today we'll be at MK! We decided to stay at the Dolphin, more room for the three of us. DH wanted us in a hotel with indoor corridors since we will have our 9 year old niece with us.

Hoping they extend park hours so we can get an hour or so more during our quick weekend trip. Happy planning and safe travels.

We went to Magic Kingdom for early hours on a party day and everything was a walk on, including the mine ride, for the first few hours. I couldn't believe how empty MK was in the morning on a party day. :) We didn't have party tickets but we are annual passholders so we could park hop.

We went to Magic Kingdom for early hours on a party day and everything was a walk on, including the mine ride, for the first few hours. I couldn't believe how empty MK was in the morning on a party day. :) We didn't have party tickets but we are annual passholders so we could park hop.
I sure hope this holds true for our MK day. We plan to rope drop and do as much as we can before we park hop to Epcot.

We fly tomorrow!!!

Of course, work is bonkers so I'm working an extra long day to try to get everything situated. Booo!

We RD MK on Thursday. Fingers crossed we get some of the same. This is a quick trip for us so the less time in line, the more we can do.

We went to MK on Nov 30 which was a party day. Everything was a walk-on in the morning. Space Mountain was 10 minutes all day. The highest I saw SDMT was 40. We even saw HM at the “13 minute” wait. That was the day hatbox ghost appeared but we didn’t know until we saw him. Once word got out that line got longer. Overall a fabulous day.

We went to MK on Nov 30 which was a party day. Everything was a walk-on in the morning. Space Mountain was 10 minutes all day. The highest I saw SDMT was 40. We even saw HM at the “13 minute” wait. That was the day hatbox ghost appeared but we didn’t know until we saw him. Once word got out that line got longer. Overall a fabulous day.
That was the same day that we went to MK - Nov 30th. I was surprised to see the Hatbox ghost because there hadn't been news about it yet. My biggest surprise was SDMT. We walked on in just a few minutes. :) In fact, this Christmas party day had even less crowds than when we went on a Halloween party day in October.

That was the same day that we went to MK - Nov 30th. I was surprised to see the Hatbox ghost because there hadn't been news about it yet. My biggest surprise was SDMT. We walked on in just a few minutes. :) In fact, this Christmas party day had even less crowds than when we went on a Halloween party day in October.
I was telling my DH we’re going to be spoiled by the party days. Our next trip is April. Lines will seem so long since there’s no party!

Please delete if not allowed. We are checking out of Poly tomorrow (6th) and will have extra food and water. If you’re staying at the Poly and want to pick it up, message me.

MK hours changed for the better on Friday December 22. Early entry is now 730AM! Yay us! It's a party day so that gives us an extra hour. So happy it changed!

12 more days before we are back at the World! So excited!

And did you know that Amazon sells Mickey Ears? I didn't, one of my Millennial friends told me. Purchased 2 pair. These will be great for the surprise for my niece.

Just back. Our flight out of Orlando got delayed 3 hours yesterday. We almost added a day at Universal, rather than wait around at the airport.
I forgot how wonderful Christmas at Disney is! I just wish we had had more time to experience more of the Christmas stuff, but we went to bed early most nights. We ended up spending our last day at Hollywood Studios, instead of Magic Kingdom, because DH really wanted the kids to ride ROTR. It was closed most of the day on our DHS day, but my parents kept the kids, while DH and I went back in the evening.
The kids really wanted to ride Slinky Dog Dash again anyway.

Tomorrow! Can't wait to be back to Disney, even if it's just a few days. Looking forward to being there at Christmas, we've never gone this time of year before! I haven't been able to put a tree or anything up at home as we have a rambunctious cat who knocked over and broke two trees last year, so the decorations at Disney will really help get us in the holiday mood.

Tomorrow! Can't wait to be back to Disney, even if it's just a few days. Looking forward to being there at Christmas, we've never gone this time of year before! I haven't been able to put a tree or anything up at home as we have a rambunctious cat who knocked over and broke two trees last year, so the decorations at Disney will really help get us in the holiday mood.
1702401199367.jpeg
Same! I thought, oh well I’ll just do a tiny tree. Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter