**Official February 2024 Thread**

We just booked for the week of 2/18-2/24 at the Grand Floridian. It's going to be a girls trip - just myself and my two teens. We've been to WDW many times over the years, but haven't been in about three years so are excited to see all the new attractions since our last visit. I look forward to chatting here since my husband (who wanted to sit this trip out) is another one who doesn't want to hear about all the planning. Six months seems so far away but I know that it will be here before we know it!

We have rented points for a three-way split beginning on Feb 27, and will spend the first few days in a Tower Studio at Riviera. We are excited to try the room out, and realized that for the first time, it might be best to make it a short visit.

We just booked for the week of 2/18-2/24 at the Grand Floridian. It's going to be a girls trip - just myself and my two teens. We've been to WDW many times over the years, but haven't been in about three years so are excited to see all the new attractions since our last visit. I look forward to chatting here since my husband (who wanted to sit this trip out) is another one who doesn't want to hear about all the planning. Six months seems so far away but I know that it will be here before we know it!

We have rented points for a three-way split beginning on Feb 27, and will spend the first few days in a Tower Studio at Riviera. We are excited to try the room out, and realized that for the first time, it might be best to make it a short visit.

Got y'all added to the list. TwinmomEsq, have you stayed at Grand Floridian before? This is my first time and it's my dream resort that I never thought I'd get to stay at.

VicarJT, We rented points this trip as well. It's my first time renting points and now I might be spoiled doing that and just want to stay deluxe from now on now that I know it's affordable.

We are planning a "possible" trip at POR with some of the same dates. Major concern I have is having any international tour groups staying at POR then as well. I have yet to find any mention of such, but I'm still concerned.
"

Let me know if you decide on for sure doing your trip and I'll add you to the list. I will say I was in Disney 2022 the first week of February and there wasn't any noticeable international groups there when I was there. However there is a dance competition that is that weekend so the groups may be there a big early and in the parks but again I didn't notice a big change on our 2022 trip. On our next trip the cheerleaders are suppose to be there at the end of our trip but as an past cheer mom, I don't really think they will bother me especially since I highly doubt they would be staying at the same resort we are at.

Let me know if you decide on for sure doing your trip and I'll add you to the list. I will say I was in Disney 2022 the first week of February and there wasn't any noticeable international groups there when I was there. However there is a dance competition that is that weekend so the groups may be there a big early and in the parks but again I didn't notice a big change on our 2022 trip. On our next trip the cheerleaders are suppose to be there at the end of our trip but as an past cheer mom, I don't really think they will bother me especially since I highly doubt they would be staying at the same resort we are at.
I'll have to look into this. May have to change it up if they will be at POR then.

VicarJT, We rented points this trip as well. It's my first time renting points and now I might be spoiled doing that and just want to stay deluxe from now on now that I know it's affordable.
We have gotten to the point where we rent points for most if not all of each vacation. Once you start, it’s hard to go back. Though I must admit that we do spend a night or more at GDT before our DVC rental. We love that place too.

The room blocks aren't posted yet on the website but looks like they soon will be? I will hold out to see if POR is listed for them before planning my next move. Hoping they stay at CSR instead.

We are planning a "possible" trip at POR with some of the same dates. Major concern I have is having any international tour groups staying at POR then as well. I have yet to find any mention of such, but I'm still concerned.
"
We've stayed at POR many times, including the week you are asking about. We've never seen any international tour groups at POR. They mostly stay at the value resorts.

We did see a cheer group at POR when we were there last February, but if we hadn't seen them gathering outside of their building, we never would have known they were there. The cheer groups get very busy with their competitions and don't spend a lot of time at the resorts or parks.

We have gotten to the point where we rent points for most if not all of each vacation. Once you start, it’s hard to go back. Though I must admit that we do spend a night or more at GDT before our DVC rental. We love that place too.
we stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2019 and love that resort. Now that we know about renting points we hope to stay at each of the deluxes at least once (and by we, I mean me LOL) but hubby says he has no desire to stay at AKL at all.

The room blocks aren't posted yet on the website but looks like they soon will be? I will hold out to see if POR is listed for them before planning my next move. Hoping they stay at CSR instead.
I do know they have branched out a bit more into the moderate resorts more but I'm not sure how many of the moderates have them there usually now.

Got y'all added to the list. TwinmomEsq, have you stayed at Grand Floridian before? This is my first time and it's my dream resort that I never thought I'd get to stay at.

We have! It had been a dream of mine for years and we finally got to stay there for the first time a few years back. Since then we have been to other resorts, but we discovered that the GF had spoiled us for anywhere else. I’m kind of bummed about the prospect of the construction walls all over the place but really excited about seeing the renovated rooms.

So I know I am still 6 months out from our trip but I went ahead and booked airfare. because we fly soouthwest we have to drive 2 hours to an airport to fly them. They are the only ones that fly directly on the days we need flights. Usually we drive up to Nashville but this time we will drive down to Birmingham. Because hubby has to work half a day on our travel day he can right to work with someone else and I'll just pick him up from work around 11:00 and head to the airport. The flight is at 3:45 but a direct flight. We should get to the airport around 1:00-1:30 so hopefully security goes smoothly and we have plenty of time. We should, but you just never know. If prices drop between now and our travel dates I'll just call and get the points reimbursed. I used points for both flights and so we basically paid $22.00 (11 each) for both of us round trip.

We have! It had been a dream of mine for years and we finally got to stay there for the first time a few years back. Since then we have been to other resorts, but we discovered that the GF had spoiled us for anywhere else. I’m kind of bummed about the prospect of the construction walls all over the place but really excited about seeing the renovated rooms.

Yeah, I'm bummed about the construction wall possibility as well, but I am more excited about staying there so it outweighs the construction for sure.

So I know I am still 6 months out from our trip but I went ahead and booked airfare. because we fly soouthwest we have to drive 2 hours to an airport to fly them. They are the only ones that fly directly on the days we need flights.
I've been checking the SWA website for our planned February trip dates and the cost has still been really high. We have three WDW trips coming up, Sept, Oct and Nov-Dec, and hope to earn enough reward points from those flights to add to our existing points balance and get free flights. :)

I will book our February trip after our Sept trip. I hope to be able to get the bounce back discount of 35% for Wilderness Lodge for Feb 4-8th.
I'm bummed about the construction wall possibility as well, but I am more excited about staying there so it outweighs the construction for sure.
I think they will be finished well before your trip. Are you staying at VGF or at the new resort studio in the former Big Pine Key building?

We stayed in a refurbished resort room in Boca Chica in December and it was gorgeous. You will have a lovely trip. In fact, I'd almost consider staying at GF rather than WL or POR. ;)

Last edited:
I've been checking the SWA website for our planned February trip dates and the cost has still been really high. We have three WDW trips coming up, Sept, Oct and Nov-Dec, and hope to earn enough reward points from those flights to add to our existing points balance and get free flights. :)

I will book our February trip after our Sept trip. I hope to be able to get the bounce back discount of 35% for Wilderness Lodge for Feb 4-8th.

I think they will be finished well before your trip. Are you staying at VGF or at the new resort studio in the former Big Pine Key building?

We stayed in a refurbished resort room in Boca Chica in December and it was gorgeous. You will have a lovely trip. In fact, I'd almost consider staying at GF rather than WL or POR. ;)

I wanted the deluxe studio in the original DVC building but they were booked when the 7 month window opened for the guy we rented points for opened up so we have one of the new resort rooms in the big pine key building. We really didn't care, but did like the idea of the two showers in the deluxe. But in the grand scheme of things it really didn't matter.

I got an email this morning form Southwest about a low fare offer going on so I checked our flights and our flight down dropped $55.00 so I was able to change it in the app and they have already credited my account the 6000+ points. Now the flight down is below $100 and so we will keep an eye on our return flight just in case it lowers.

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd start an official February 2024 thread. Although I haven't officially booked yet my husband and I will be going in February 2024 unless something major happens. If you have booked or plan to book join us in chatting about our Disney plans (and life in general) and see who will be there the same time you will be. Post your dates and resort and I'll keep the list updated. I look forward to chatting with you all.

I saw someone else start a thread where they listed by dates and listed by resorts as well because I think that's a cool idea.

LIST BY DATES:
1st-8th GRTripetsDad (poly and AKV)
4th-8th Wood Nymph
6th-11th: Bama Mom (aka Sandy) (Grand Floridian)
6th-13: Mollygirl21 (CCV)
14th-25th: Darth Insidious (SoG and AKL Kidani)
18th-24th: TwinMomESQ (Grand Floridian)
21st-27th: jgl130 (BRV@ WL)
27th: VicarJT (Riviera)

I’m excited to find this post. Our vacation feels official now, lol. My husband and I are booked at Pop for the 2nd-10th. We’ve previously stayed at Caribbean Beach and Wilderness Lodge. I stayed at Pop for a solo trip two years ago and it was a fun resort when you’re in the parks the majority of the time. I love the skyliner. A big part of my fun is the pre-planning. Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s plans. Thank you for starting this thread!

I’m excited to find this post. Our vacation feels official now, lol. My husband and I are booked at Pop for the 2nd-10th. We’ve previously stayed at Caribbean Beach and Wilderness Lodge. I stayed at Pop for a solo trip two years ago and it was a fun resort when you’re in the parks the majority of the time. I love the skyliner. A big part of my fun is the pre-planning. Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s plans. Thank you for starting this thread!

Welcome to the Feb 2024 thread. I got you added to the list. I've never stayed at Pop but stayed at AoA in 2021 for a girls trip and I LOVED having the skyliner access. It was so great. I am trying to convince Hubby that a solo trip for myself would be safe and if I ever talk him into it I would probably look at Pop as a possible resort option, especially since I'm not in the room much.

So I know I am still 6 months out from our trip but I went ahead and booked airfare. because we fly soouthwest we have to drive 2 hours to an airport to fly them. They are the only ones that fly directly on the days we need flights. Usually we drive up to Nashville but this time we will drive down to Birmingham. Because hubby has to work half a day on our travel day he can right to work with someone else and I'll just pick him up from work around 11:00 and head to the airport. The flight is at 3:45 but a direct flight. We should get to the airport around 1:00-1:30 so hopefully security goes smoothly and we have plenty of time. We should, but you just never know. If prices drop between now and our travel dates I'll just call and get the points reimbursed. I used points for both flights and so we basically paid $22.00 (11 each) for both of us round trip.
Sounds like your timing will be perfect. Just booked our flights last night as well! Feels good to get that part of the planning done. Great deal on Frontier flights right now for anyone looking. I know they aren't the "best" airline but its one of the only direct options from us. Also booked Mears connect transport from MCO to take advantage of their summer savings. Trip is feeling real! Still considering adding the DDP to our trip though. Would most likely do the Quick Service option if we did. Anyone else considering this or adding this to their trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter