**Official February 2024 Thread**

Bama Mom

Disney Dreamer
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd start an official February 2024 thread. Although I haven't officially booked yet my husband and I will be going in February 2024 unless something major happens. If you have booked or plan to book join us in chatting about our Disney plans (and life in general) and see who will be there the same time you will be. Post your dates and resort and I'll keep the list updated. I look forward to chatting with you all.

I saw someone else start a thread where they listed by dates and listed by resorts as well because I think that's a cool idea.

LIST BY DATES:
29th-5th: Jcemom (ASMu)
1st-7th: Lsdolphin (CSR)
1st-8th: GRTripetsDad (poly and AKV)
1st-8th: Poohbear80 (GDT)
2nd- ?: STChamp110 (Yacht Club)
2nd-10th Daisydee (pop)
3rd-4th: TikiRob (pop)
3rd-8th: WxKristin (Riviera)
4th-7th: DancinDasyDuck (Pop)
4th-8th: Wood Nymph (wilderness Lodge)
4th-9th: Drewsdad (Beach Club)
6th-9th: MommaKetch
6th-11th: Bama Mom (aka Sandy) (Grand Floridian)
6th-13: Mollygirl21 (CCV8th-13th: Alafond83 (Pop)
7th-11th: Juventus
7th-11th: QueenofPrideRock (Swan)
8th-13th: MISCdisney21 (BR @ WL)
10th-15th: Love4Eeyore (AKL)
12th-15th: Jsharp13 (treehouse Villas)
14th-18th: OhioStateFan606 (CBR)
14th-19th: Jimmy Mouse (CBR)
14th-25th: Darth Insidious (SoG and AKL Kidani)
15th-19th: Dancegirlsmom (POR)
16th-26th: Rick195275 (Grand Floridian, Boardwalk and Poly)
17th-20th: Bethislucy (undecided)
17th-24th: Cdiddy2012 (BR at WL)
17th-25th: Pam (offsite)
18th-24th: TwinMomESQ (Grand Floridian)
18th-24th: awrites (CBR)
18th-25th: Joe Ryan (Poly, BR at WL)
19th-22: Wxcaps (BW)
21st-27th: jgl130 (BRV@ WL)
25th-: Jillm09
25th-29th: WendyZQ (Riviera)
25th- March 2nd: MAinMom (POFQ)
25th- March 6: HappyGal
27th: VicarJT (Riviera)

Last edited:
LIST BY RESORTS:

Poly:
GRTripetsDad
Rick195275

AKL:
GRTripetsDad
Darth Insidious
Love4Eeyore

Wilderness Lodge:
jgl130 (BRV)
Mollygirl21 (CCV)
Wood Nymph
MISCdisney21 (BR)

Villas Grand Floridian:
Bamamom
TwinMomESQ
Rick195275

Shades of Green:
Darth Insidious

Pop:
Daisydee
DancinDaisyDuck
alafond83
HappyGal
TikiRob

Riviera:
VicarJT
WxKristin
WindyZQ

Contemporary:
Jillm09

CSR:
LSdolphin

GDT:
Poohbear80

Beach Club:
Drewsdad

POFQ:
MainMom

POR:
dancegirlsmom

Swan:
QueenofPrideRock

Boardwalk:
Rick195275
Wxcaps

Yacht Club:
Stchamp110

All-Stars Music:
Jcemom

CBR:
awrites
OhioStateFan606
Jimmy Mouse

treehouse Villas at SS:
Jsharp13

Offsite:
Pam

Undecided:
Bethislucy

Last edited:
We haven't officially booked yet, but tentative dates are 6th-11th. Hubby can only take off 2 1/2 days of work without a doctors excuse and still get paid. He works at the local community college. So we plan to fly down Tuesday night (he will leave work at lunch) and he will miss Wednesday and Thursday of work. He is already off on Fridays so this would give us Wednesday-Saturday in the parks. This is the same strategy we used for our February 2022 trip and it worked well for us.

This trip is a reward for myself for losing 100lbs and getting healthy. When we started our "get healthy and lose weight" journey I casually asked my hubby if I reached 100lbs could I go ahead and book another Disney trip and him go with me. He is not a Disney person. He said sure. I don't think he was expecting it to happen this soon. Although it took a year and a half, he still wasn't prepared :eek: . The reason we are waiting until February even though I am at that goal already is because we loved February 2022 at Disney. It was our first February trip and it worked so well for us since we are so different. He is very hot natured and I am very cold natured. He could comfortably wear shorts and I would wear my athletic leggings with a tee shirt and a sweatshirt/jacket and just remove the sweatshirt/jacket when it warmed up but still have it for when we were indoors. We were sold on February disney trips.

We are hoping to rent DVC points this trip (its a first for us) and possible book Grand Floridian. Its' my dream resort but I could never afford it by paying straight out. If GF isn't available for our dates, then we will chose a different deluxe most likely so we can still rent points. We will book ASAP after getting to sit down and see what is and isn't available.

I love planning the trips almost as much as the actual trip itself so let the fun begin as we start planning our trips together.:woohoo:

Congrats on your weight loss and reaching your goal! We are going Feb 1-8th. Doing a split stay at Poly for the first two days (might try to switch into BCV if its available) then AKV for the next five days. We already have the stay booked at Poly for the entire time (split into two stays to make switching at 7-months easier). We go usually once a year and are DVC owners. It will be DW, DD (4), DD (4), DS (4) and myself. Thanks for starting this thread! Curious to see everyone's Feb 2024 plans.

Congrats on your weight loss and reaching your goal! We are going Feb 1-8th. Doing a split stay at Poly for the first two days (might try to switch into BCV if its available) then AKV for the next five days. We already have the stay booked at Poly for the entire time (split into two stays to make switching at 7-months easier). We go usually once a year and are DVC owners. It will be DW, DD (4), DD (4), DS (4) and myself. Thanks for starting this thread! Curious to see everyone's Feb 2024 plans.

Thank you. This would be our first time renting DVC points, so as much as I'd love to stay at Grand Floridian, I know it may not be available. so would just be happy staying at any of the deluxe. We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge for our 25th wedding anniversary trip so that would be my last choice, just because I'd like to try other resorts, but would stay there in a heart beat again if that's my only option. I loved it there and one day would like to try DVC Villas.

We are going to WDW Feb 4th to 8th and possibly staying at POR if my sister joins us. We would probably stay at a deluxe resort if she doesn't come with us.

We had a great time last February with her at POR. It was one of our best trips ever. We received a free upgrade to a Royal Room River view and she was in the room right next to us. It was super convenient to everything and we had great bus and boat luck.

I am waiting to see what discounts come out for that time of year before I make a reservation. :)

Last edited:
I'm talking to someone about renting DVC points but their window to reserve at Grand Floridian doesn't open for another couple of weeks so I'm trying to have everything lined up so as soon as the window opens we can get our studio rented before they all get booked. Hopefully it will work out for us. If not we will have to decide what to do as far as changing room types or staying somewhere else. Hopefully in a couple weeks we will know where we are staying.

We just booked today! My sister and I signed up for the Princess 5K and my parents decided to come to cheer us on. We’re going February 21-27. We rented points and are staying at Boulder Ridge Villas at the Wilderness Lodge.
How fun. I'll add you to the list.

Still haven't gotten our room booked. I have to wait on the 7 month mark for the person I am renting dvc points from to be able to book. But as of right now there are studios available at Grand Floridian for our dates (according to the dvc member we are renting from) so hopefully come our 7 month mark there will still be one available. Once we get it reserved I'll be able to actually start somewhat planning some other details of our trips. We haven't booked airfare yet either. Normally we book early but the prices are insane right now so we are just keeping an eye on them.

We are officially booked at Grand Floridian. I am so excited. This is my dream resort and I'm so glad we were able to rent DVC points to be able to stay here. Now the countdown begins...215 days to go.
The GF is gorgeous and we've stayed at the resort a few times. It's nice to have your reservation finalized. :) We rented points for our April trip and it took weeks of waiting until it was finalized.

Disney released a Bounce back offer which includes the dates that we want in February. We'll will make our February reservation when we are there in September. It is usually the best discount Disney offers.

I’ve been planning for a bit (Shades of Green books up a year in advance). 202 days to go!

Staying at SoG 2/14-2/22
AKL Kidani 2/23-2/25

I’m so excited but I’m pretty sure everyone except my 5 year old is sick of hearing me talk about Disney.

I’ve been planning for a bit (Shades of Green books up a year in advance). 202 days to go!

Staying at SoG 2/14-2/22
AKL Kidani 2/23-2/25

I’m so excited but I’m pretty sure everyone except my 5 year old is sick of hearing me talk about Disney.

Got you added to the lists. You can come chat here with us, we won't get tired of hearing you talk about Disney. That's what I'll have to do because I know hubby is tired of hearing me talk about it. He isn't a Disney fan but tolerates it for me.

Got you added to the lists. You can come chat here with us, we won't get tired of hearing you talk about Disney. That's what I'll have to do because I know hubby is tired of hearing me talk about it. He isn't a Disney fan but tolerates it for me.
Thank you. My husband does not like Disney. He’s a combat vet. Disney makes him anxious but he wants to go with the kids. So I’m trying to shut up about it for a while but it’s so hard!

Our adult only trip is booked for Feb 6 - 13 at CCV. We are fortunate enough to have two vacations booked for winter 2024 and told our 11 yo he could pick which one was a family trip and which one is a mom and dad only trip. He picked the cruise so it's just the two of us! I love adult only trips but I have a hard time suppressing the guilt of leaving him home :oops:

Thank you. My husband does not like Disney. He’s a combat vet. Disney makes him anxious but he wants to go with the kids. So I’m trying to shut up about it for a while but it’s so hard!

thank your husband for his service for me. I can understand why Disney would cause anxiety for him.

Our adult only trip is booked for Feb 6 - 13 at CCV. We are fortunate enough to have two vacations booked for winter 2024 and told our 11 yo he could pick which one was a family trip and which one is a mom and dad only trip. He picked the cruise so it's just the two of us! I love adult only trips but I have a hard time suppressing the guilt of leaving him home :oops:

I have you added to the list. My husband and I took our first adult/couple only trip in 2019. Of course our kids are now grown (youngest is 22) so its easier to leave them at home HaHa.

We are going to WDW Feb 4th to 8th and possibly staying at POR if my sister joins us. We would probably stay at a deluxe resort if she doesn't come with us.

We had a great time last February with her at POR. It was one of our best trips ever. We received a free upgrade to a Royal Room River view and she was in the room right next to us. It was super convenient to everything and we had great bus and boat luck.

I am waiting to see what discounts come out for that time of year before I make a reservation. :)
We are planning a "possible" trip at POR with some of the same dates. Major concern I have is having any international tour groups staying at POR then as well. I have yet to find any mention of such, but I'm still concerned.
"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter