**Official February 2024 Thread**

Sounds like your timing will be perfect. Just booked our flights last night as well! Feels good to get that part of the planning done. Great deal on Frontier flights right now for anyone looking. I know they aren't the "best" airline but its one of the only direct options from us. Also booked Mears connect transport from MCO to take advantage of their summer savings. Trip is feeling real! Still considering adding the DDP to our trip though. Would most likely do the Quick Service option if we did. Anyone else considering this or adding this to their trip?

We don't have a lot of options for direct flights either. Southwest is our only option for our dates. We have to drive about 2 hours to the airport (whether we fly from Nashville or Birmingham) for southwest but it's worth it to not have a layover and save lots of money. the only budget ones near us are an hour away and they are breeze and silver and neither of them have flights that work for us and by the time we pay for bags it doesn't save us anything. I wish southwest flew out of the closer airport but unfortunately they don't. We are probably going to use Mears this time so I should go ahead and book that while the sale is going on since they will refund if I cancel. Last time we got in at like 9 pm and left florida at 7 am so we used a car service so we didn't have to take extra time getting to the resort but this time we land at around 6 pm and fly back home around 10:30 so decided to save money and use a bus service. Have you used Mears before?

We (DH, 2 boys 7&10, and my mom) are going Feb 3-8. 2 bedroom at Riviera - my first time staying there. Was originally planning to go the last week in Jan and had successfully stalked a 2 bedroom at Beach Club, but had to change dates due to a work conference. My first trip during Festival of the Arts. Just purchased southwest flights (direct from OKC) last week during their winter fare sale.

🙌🏼 We will be staying at the Riviera Feb 25-29 in a 1 bd. My DH, DS (16), and myself. First time at Riviera and first time renting DVC points. Flights are booked (got a great deal on Spirit) and everyone at my house is tired of me talking Disney Planning already! 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️

We don't have a lot of options for direct flights either. Southwest is our only option for our dates. We have to drive about 2 hours to the airport (whether we fly from Nashville or Birmingham) for southwest but it's worth it to not have a layover and save lots of money. the only budget ones near us are an hour away and they are breeze and silver and neither of them have flights that work for us and by the time we pay for bags it doesn't save us anything. I wish southwest flew out of the closer airport but unfortunately they don't. We are probably going to use Mears this time so I should go ahead and book that while the sale is going on since they will refund if I cancel. Last time we got in at like 9 pm and left florida at 7 am so we used a car service so we didn't have to take extra time getting to the resort but this time we land at around 6 pm and fly back home around 10:30 so decided to save money and use a bus service. Have you used Mears before?
We actually fly in about 9:30p as well and leave around 11:00a. We have never used Mears before. I have heard lots of good things about them from friends/family who have used them before though. We typically rent a car while we are there because we like to be able to go to Universal or other attractions for at least a day or two. This became even more necessary once we had kids, since would always have to bring car seats to get around with whatever option of transport we decided on. I know with Mears, you don't need car seats, but once we got to the resort, we would need them to get everywhere outside of the bubble using various transport options (uber, taxi, Minnie vans, etc). It was a nightmare to plan/think of, so we would just rent a car. Prices for renting a standard car were pretty comparable to some shuttle options so we were happy to rent. After Covid, the cost of rental cars skyrocketed so now we have to price out rental cars and be a little more flexible with our plans. If its usually only a little more, we will still rent a car and have the flexibility of our own vehicle. This time we decided to solely stay in the bubble due to rental prices being still high. Mears will be saving us around $500 and we wont have to lug (3) car seats around the airport. We wont be able to do as much around Orlando but we're happy to spend more time at D Springs and at the pool using WDW transportation options! With that extra money we could pay for half of our quick service dining plan as well hence my consideration for it.

FYI- we usually have to rent a van and that's why the price difference for us is so high.

View attachment 789816
February 4-5. National. Dance Competition
I was thinking they had started staying at one of the mods last year but couldn't remember which one.. I believe the following weekend the cheerleaders come in (they overlap our time there) so I need to look and see which resort and post back here on those as well.

We (DH, 2 boys 7&10, and my mom) are going Feb 3-8. 2 bedroom at Riviera - my first time staying there. Was originally planning to go the last week in Jan and had successfully stalked a 2 bedroom at Beach Club, but had to change dates due to a work conference. My first trip during Festival of the Arts. Just purchased southwest flights (direct from OKC) last week during their winter fare sale.

🙌🏼 We will be staying at the Riviera Feb 25-29 in a 1 bd. My DH, DS (16), and myself. First time at Riviera and first time renting DVC points. Flights are booked (got a great deal on Spirit) and everyone at my house is tired of me talking Disney Planning already! 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️

Welcome to the thread. I have you both added to the lists. WxKristin, our trips overlap a bit (I'll be there the 6th-11th). I'm hoping we have weather like hubby and I had in February 2022.

We actually fly in about 9:30p as well and leave around 11:00a. We have never used Mears before. I have heard lots of good things about them from friends/family who have used them before though. We typically rent a car while we are there because we like to be able to go to Universal or other attractions for at least a day or two. This became even more necessary once we had kids, since would always have to bring car seats to get around with whatever option of transport we decided on. I know with Mears, you don't need car seats, but once we got to the resort, we would need them to get everywhere outside of the bubble using various transport options (uber, taxi, Minnie vans, etc). It was a nightmare to plan/think of, so we would just rent a car. Prices for renting a standard car were pretty comparable to some shuttle options so we were happy to rent. After Covid, the cost of rental cars skyrocketed so now we have to price out rental cars and be a little more flexible with our plans. If its usually only a little more, we will still rent a car and have the flexibility of our own vehicle. This time we decided to solely stay in the bubble due to rental prices being still high. Mears will be saving us around $500 and we wont have to lug (3) car seats around the airport. We wont be able to do as much around Orlando but we're happy to spend more time at D Springs and at the pool using WDW transportation options! With that extra money we could pay for half of our quick service dining plan as well hence my consideration for it.

FYI- we usually have to rent a van and that's why the price difference for us is so high.

when our kids were younger (we dind't go a lot when they were little) we were able to just make the drive. Its a 10 hour drive straight through, then throw in a couple hours of stops for breaks and meals so even the 12 hours wasn't that bad of a drive. So we never had the issues of having to take car seats through the airports with us. Now that our kids are all grown it's just hubby and me and while we love a good road trip I love the ease of flying much better. I'll take the couple hours at the airport and the less than 2 hour flight over a 10 hour drive any day. But since I get car sick when I ride too long I tend to do most of the driving so that makes it no fun for me.

when our kids were younger (we dind't go a lot when they were little) we were able to just make the drive. Its a 10 hour drive straight through, then throw in a couple hours of stops for breaks and meals so even the 12 hours wasn't that bad of a drive. So we never had the issues of having to take car seats through the airports with us. Now that our kids are all grown it's just hubby and me and while we love a good road trip I love the ease of flying much better. I'll take the couple hours at the airport and the less than 2 hour flight over a 10 hour drive any day. But since I get car sick when I ride too long I tend to do most of the driving so that makes it no fun for me.
Oh how I wish we could drive 10-12 hours and be there. Or maybe I dont, or my wallet would be empty. Its about a 19 hour drive from Michigan down there. We have considered it once or twice for the convenience of car seats but the 3 hour flight and our sanity seems to always trump the drive. I cant wait for the day they are old enough to take a good ol fashion road trip, but by the time that happens, we probably wont need any car seats anymore :love1:

Looking for advice on split stays.

We were supposed to say at Shades of Green (husband is veteran) but the boys are most likely going to join us a few days later due to a tournament for my son. We can’t stay at SOG without him. Big change to the vacation we have been planning for years but trying to make some lemonade with these lemons.

So, I think the girls and I will have some fun girl time in a royal room at POR. My husband likes the idea of SOG plus it’s a really good deal BUT we are already moving to AKL Kidani for the last 2 nights of the trip. I can’t change that (rented points). I really think moving twice is just going to be too much. If we do it, we’d stay at POR 6 nights, SOG 4 nights, then AKL. Or I can just get the boys a room at POR or POFQ (they would probably like the theming better at FQ) and skip SOG entirely. It’s a nice 2BR suite at SOG but it’s still an extra move. Thoughts?

We were supposed to say at Shades of Green (husband is veteran) but the boys are most likely going to join us a few days later due to a tournament for my son. We can’t stay at SOG without him. Big change to the vacation we have been planning for years but trying to make some lemonade with these lemons.

So, I think the girls and I will have some fun girl time in a royal room at POR. My husband likes the idea of SOG plus it’s a really good deal BUT we are already moving to AKL Kidani for the last 2 nights of the trip. I can’t change that (rented points). I really think moving twice is just going to be too much. If we do it, we’d stay at POR 6 nights, SOG 4 nights, then AKL. Or I can just get the boys a room at POR or POFQ (they would probably like the theming better at FQ) and skip SOG entirely. It’s a nice 2BR suite at SOG but it’s still an extra move. Thoughts?

We've never done a split stay but have considered it. I do think moving twice is a lot but I also think with a longer trip like you would have it would be doable for sure. You could make transfer days either resort/pool days or even go to the park and have bell services transfer your luggage (if they do that st SOG, not sure how that works) depending on if you'll have a car or not. I guess I'm really no help haha. I have heard some great things about SOG though.

Oh how I wish we could drive 10-12 hours and be there. Or maybe I dont, or my wallet would be empty. Its about a 19 hour drive from Michigan down there. We have considered it once or twice for the convenience of car seats but the 3 hour flight and our sanity seems to always trump the drive. I cant wait for the day they are old enough to take a good ol fashion road trip, but by the time that happens, we probably wont need any car seats anymore :love1:

I can't imagine driving that far with little ones for sure. but our kids only lasted so long in the car before needing breaks. Hubby and I took a road trip from North Alabama to New Hampshire/Vermont then ended up at Niagara Falls at the end of our trip then we drove home. It was like a 22 hour drive so we had to break it up. It was a LOOOOOOONG road trip home. LOL

We do trips of that length with three-way splits. We pack clothes in packing cubes - often separated by resort stay. The only thing that you would be doing differently is starting with your longest stay and ending with your shortest. We do the reverse. Each stay feels like a new vacation.

We do trips of that length with three-way splits. We pack clothes in packing cubes - often separated by resort stay. The only thing that you would be doing differently is starting with your longest stay and ending with your shortest. We do the reverse. Each stay feels like a new vacation.
Thank you. You make it sound more fun than stressful to move. The suite at SOG even has a washer/dryer. That in itself might make it worth it to move another time!

We are going to be making a quick mini trip in February. The plans right now are to come in on Feb 17 leave on the 20th. Probably staying at one of the values.

My favorite Uncle is going with his family for his birthday he is a major Star Wars nerd & this will be his first trip ever. My cousin & I worked it out for me to surprise him on his birthday at DHS. He knows I'm a big Disney nerd actually the first time we went to Galaxy's Edge I took all the pictures and stuff I could for him (My Star Wars knowledge is limited). One of the fun things I'm looking at doing is making a t-shirt that says something to the effect of "Here to save my favorite uncle from going to the dark side on his birthday" in the Star Wars font then on the back of the shirt having favorite niece and I'll surprise them in galaxy's edge when he comes in. I don't want to crash their whole trip because for Him, my aunt and one of my cousins it's their first trip ever. We are just going to hang with them for the day at DHS then me and a different cousin are hoping the festival of the arts will still be going on so we plan to hit Epcot that Sunday if not we will probably hit MK.

Plans are.
2/17/24 - arrive check in/Then head to DS
2/18/24 - Epcot or MK
2/19/24 - DHS
2/20/24 - Home

Three moves with that length of stay isn't the worst. We try to do two-way splits over a week to experience different resorts/locations/pools etc. Like VicarJT said, it will feel like a new vacation every time you move. The only drawback I see when we do split stays is feeling less "settled-in". It does make it easier to pack on final departure day. Both of you choices are good options though. I don't think your lemonade will be that bad :cool2:

unless something happens we will be staying at GDT 1-8th February 2024. Would love to meet other Disney fans when visiting.

We are going to be making a quick mini trip in February. The plans right now are to come in on Feb 17 leave on the 20th. Probably staying at one of the values.

Got you both added. @Bethislucy I bet your uncle will be so happy to see you. Love the shirt idea. @Poohbear80 do you know your park days yet? We don't get in until the evening of the 6th so only have one day overlapping before y'all leave on the 8th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter