Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Well that's just plum crazy....So what's the best way to get there?? Back to the resort and then bus it over? TTC ?
To get to AK from DS, take the bus to AKL, and then bus to AK.

Reason for no direct busses is to discourage offsite guests parking for free at DS and then bussing to parks, the result would be no parking left at DS for those truly going there.

To get to AK from DS, take the bus to AKL, and then bus to AK.

Reason for no direct busses is to discourage offsite guests parking for free at DS and then bussing to parks, the result would be no parking left at DS for those truly going there.
That's quicker than going back to POP and taking the bus to AK?

I get why they don't do it, but with all the tech they've put in, can't they put a scanner at the bus door to scan magic bands to prove who's a resort guest? Seems simple enough.

That's quicker than going back to POP and taking the bus to AK?

I get why they don't do it, but with all the tech they've put in, can't they put a scanner at the bus door to scan magic bands to prove who's a resort guest? Seems simple enough.
I would transfer at Pop. It's more direct and has better bus service.

Buses are available to everyone, not just resort guests, so your idea wouldn't really work.

I would transfer at Pop. It's more direct and has better bus service.
Yeah, the advantage going to AKL used to be that you avoided stopping at BB. Now that buses from resorts to AK no longer stop at BB, there's no reason to transfer at AKL.

You could transfer at either Pop or AoA, whichever bus comes first. The resorts are adjacent, and I think the bus stops at DS are, too.

Hello all, we are planning a day off site to Legoland during our trip to WDW in a month. Our rental is for one day, and we will be picking up the car from the Car Care Center. Our plan is to be back in the WDW area around 7pm. My question is, should we A.) return the car late that day at the Alamo desk at the Dolpin, explore the boardwalk for dinner, and catch a bus back to the Poly - or B.) return the car the next morning to the Car Care Center and take their shuttle to Hollywood Studios (which have EMH at 8am)? Any advice is appreciated!

9:00 ADR at Trattoria on an 8:00 am EMH at Epcot, coming from ASSports. Bus to Epcot then walking through park and through IG to BWbest/only bet using Disney transportation right? DH is a super slow walker, do you think if I showed them my ADR in the MDE they would let us go in just ahead of the rope drop crowd to make sure we get there on time?

Hello all, we are planning a day off site to Legoland during our trip to WDW in a month. Our rental is for one day, and we will be picking up the car from the Car Care Center. Our plan is to be back in the WDW area around 7pm. My question is, should we A.) return the car late that day at the Alamo desk at the Dolpin, explore the boardwalk for dinner, and catch a bus back to the Poly - or B.) return the car the next morning to the Car Care Center and take their shuttle to Hollywood Studios (which have EMH at 8am)? Any advice is appreciated!
It all depends on where you've contracted to return your car. If you contracted at CCC, then that's where you have to return it! If that's where the car is supposed to be returned to, I would return it that night, shuttle back to the Polynesian, and then take the bus to DHS in the morning. Otherwise, it's going to be an early return in the morning, then their shuttle to DHS.

9:00 ADR at Trattoria on an 8:00 am EMH at Epcot, coming from ASSports. Bus to Epcot then walking through park and through IG to BWbest/only bet using Disney transportation right? DH is a super slow walker, do you think if I showed them my ADR in the MDE they would let us go in just ahead of the rope drop crowd to make sure we get there on time?
Nope, your BW ADR isn't going to get you into Epcot early. Your best best is to go to DHS and then walk over....it would take about the same time as if you had gone to Epcot.

Nope, your BW ADR isn't going to get you into Epcot early. Your best best is to go to DHS and then walk over....it would take about the same time as if you had gone to Epcot.
Since her husband is a super slow walker, taking the boat from DHS to the boardwalk is a much better idea.

Since her husband is a super slow walker, taking the boat from DHS to the boardwalk is a much better idea.
True, but they'll have to leave even more time to include the wait time for the boat! I find they are hard to figure early in the morning!!!

True, but they'll have to leave even more time to include the wait time for the boat! I find they are hard to figure early in the morning!!!
IIRC, 1st boat will leaves DHS at 8am. If they're at Sports bus stop at 7:30, they should make either the 1st or 2nd boat, getting to BW by 8:40.

I am staying at the Poly. I have been reading a lot of posts stating that the monorail has a schedule. I need to get to the MK for a 8:10 ADR. The park opens at 9:00 that morning. I have read some posts say that the monorail may not start until 8:30 on those days. If this is the case, what is the best way to get to MK in time for my ADR? Thanks for any help!!!!

Friends will be staying at Swan and we will be staying at WL. They will come over early afternoon to hang out and to watch MK fireworks (we will all take the boat/monorail from WL to dinner ressies at GF). Is there any easy(ish) WDW transportation they could take? It will be July 4th and way crazy. Is it best to just drive or Uber instead? Would parking at GF vs WL be easier end of the night access back to Swan?
Thanks!!

I am staying at the Poly. I have been reading a lot of posts stating that the monorail has a schedule. I need to get to the MK for a 8:10 ADR. The park opens at 9:00 that morning. I have read some posts say that the monorail may not start until 8:30 on those days. If this is the case, what is the best way to get to MK in time for my ADR? Thanks for any help!!!!
If the monorail isn't running, there will be boats and probably buses. You just need to check the day before as to what the timing will be for that next morning.

Friends will be staying at Swan and we will be staying at WL. They will come over early afternoon to hang out and to watch MK fireworks (we will all take the boat/monorail from WL to dinner ressies at GF). Is there any easy(ish) WDW transportation they could take? It will be July 4th and way crazy. Is it best to just drive or Uber instead? Would parking at GF vs WL be easier end of the night access back to Swan?
Thanks!!
I would probably have them drive to WL, and leave the car there..they should be able to get in there by saying they are visiting you! Then, you can do whatever you want that night, return to the WL and relax for a bit and let the crowds thin out a bit before driving back to the Swan. Or, they can just take a bus to the MK, then the boat over to WL. Reverse it later in the evening, but it will be very crowded!

It all depends on where you've contracted to return your car. If you contracted at CCC, then that's where you have to return it! If that's where the car is supposed to be returned to, I would return it that night, shuttle back to the Polynesian, and then take the bus to DHS in the morning. Otherwise, it's going to be an early return in the morning, then their shuttle to DHS.

Thank you goofy4tink ! My reservation was to return to the CCC, but we are returning back to WDW after it closes. So I had considered changing my drop off to the Dolphin, and catching a bus back to the Poly from there. If the CCC shuttle is a reliable service to efficiently get to HS the next morning (for EMH), then I'll probably just return the car to the CCC. Do you have any experience with the CCC shuttle?

Thank you goofy4tink ! My reservation was to return to the CCC, but we are returning back to WDW after it closes. So I had considered changing my drop off to the Dolphin, and catching a bus back to the Poly from there. If the CCC shuttle is a reliable service to efficiently get to HS the next morning (for EMH), then I'll probably just return the car to the CCC. Do you have any experience with the CCC shuttle?
Not personally, but I know others that have used it. As long as you call the day/night before you need the shuttle, it works wonderfully. There wouldn't be a bus from the Dolphin to the Polynesian....you would have to go to the MK and then over to the Polynesian.
I would be very tempted to just return the car that night and take the shuttle back to the resort and get a good night's sleep. But, I'm old.

We will be leaving Hollywood Studio for dinner at 1900 PF.....is GF the 1st stop or does anyone know how many stops before the bus reaches GF? just trying to plan the time to leave the park

We will be leaving Hollywood Studio for dinner at 1900 PF.....is GF the 1st stop or does anyone know how many stops before the bus reaches GF? just trying to plan the time to leave the park
I always leave an hour to get from point A to point B at WDW. The bus should go directly to GF, but nothing is ever etched in stone with Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter