Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Hello, question here. I am planning on taking a uber from Art of Animation to Blizzard Beach because from what i'm reading having to go to disney springs to transfer is ridiculous. Now, can i go directly from Blizzard Beach to Animal Kingdom and how long would that take me?
You don't go to DS to get to BB; you go to AK to get to BB. DS is where you go to get to TL.

So yes, there are direct buses between BB & AK, since AK is where you go to catch the BB shuttle. The bus ride is about 5 minutes. I don't know how often the shuttles run, but I would expect at least every 15 minutes.

Wanting to see what you all think is the best way to get from Poly to Dolphin hotel for ADR, Shula's. We will have a car but don't want to drive because of drinking. After our ADR we will be taking the bus to DS for a couple hrs. then bus back to Poly. Our original resort is Fort Wilderness, which I know how to get to the Poly from there. Why go to the Poly, we are dropping our daughter off at Lilo's playhouse for the evening. Thanks in advance.

Whats the easiest way to get from Pop to Boardwalk for an early reservation at Trattoria el Forno Bon Voyage breakfast. 7:50am breakfast. Parks open at 9. I was thinking we could walk from Hollywood Studios - how early do the buses go there?

Wanting to see what you all think is the best way to get from Poly to Dolphin hotel for ADR, Shula's. We will have a car but don't want to drive because of drinking. After our ADR we will be taking the bus to DS for a couple hrs. then bus back to Poly. Our original resort is Fort Wilderness, which I know how to get to the Poly from there. Why go to the Poly, we are dropping our daughter off at Lilo's playhouse for the evening. Thanks in advance.
I would suggest boat or monorail back to MK, then bus to Dolphin. The other option is bus to DHS then boat or walk (close to a mile) to the Dolphin. Personally, I find the boats out of DHS maddeningly slow, and if it's warm out, their air conditioning is often inadequate.

If you're planning to take Disney transportation home, be sure to check the closing times of the Resort Monorail and watercraft. It's best to ask a Watercraft or Monorail cm on that day; resort cast sometimes have inaccurate info. The boat from CR to FtW may be running later than the one from MK, or vice versa, depending on MK closing time. Worst case, you might have to take a taxi or Lyft/Uber from Poly to FtW. If your daughter's 5 or under, you'll need to order an Uber with a car seat (if available), or take a taxi.

Whats the easiest way to get from Pop to Boardwalk for an early reservation at Trattoria el Forno Bon Voyage breakfast. 7:50am breakfast. Parks open at 9. I was thinking we could walk from Hollywood Studios - how early do the buses go there?
1st bus should be sometime between 6:30-7am; usually closer to 6:30. You can ask the bus driver to request a bus from DHS to BW; they most likely will be able to accommodate you.

I would suggest boat or monorail back to MK, then bus to Dolphin.

Thanks, I forgot about catching the buses at MK, I thought I was gonna have to ride the monorail all the way around to the transportation depot. I will remember to check with the watercraft operators on last boat back from CR to the Fort. Thanks again.

Boat over to MK, bus to the S/D. After Shula's (great dinner by the way, kind of jealous!!!), there are no buses from S/D to DHS, so you can either walk (about 20 or so mins) or take the boat (about 10 mins, not including any wait times). Bus back to the Polynesian, then boat over to FtW from MK.

Friends will be staying at Swan, we will be at WL. We want them to come over to WL or Grand Floridian for dinner and fireworks. It will be July 4th--crazy busy. Can they get a bus from Swan to MK and back? If they took the monorail, is there any easy way other than parking at Epcot to get there and back to Swan especially at the end of the night?
Thanks!

Friends will be staying at Swan, we will be at WL. We want them to come over to WL or Grand Floridian for dinner and fireworks. It will be July 4th--crazy busy. Can they get a bus from Swan to MK and back? If they took the monorail, is there any easy way other than parking at Epcot to get there and back to Swan especially at the end of the night?
Thanks!
They can get a bus to the MK from the S/D. Once they're off the bus, at MK, they can either walk over to the CR, take the monorail to the CR (but walking is under 10 mins, the monorail will take longer). If going to WL, they can go to the CR (either above route) and then take a boat over to WL, or take the boat to WL right from MK.

Thanks!

They can get a bus to the MK from the S/D. Once they're off the bus, at MK, they can either walk over to the CR, take the monorail to the CR (but walking is under 10 mins, the monorail will take longer). If going to WL, they can go to the CR (either above route) and then take a boat over to WL, or take the boat to WL right from MK.
GF, not CR :)

From MK, take boat or Resort Monorail to GF. The boat is usually faster, unless there's a long line for the boats. The boats are small, and can only take maybe 25-30 per trip. If the MK is at capacity, they may be restricting access to the buses. They just need to tell the driver their ultimate destination.

Expect long lines and delays getting back to the resorts. It might be a couple of hours before getting to bed.

From MK, take boat or Resort Monorail to GF. The boat is usually faster, unless there's a long line for the boats. The boats are small, and can only take maybe 25-30 per trip. If the MK is at capacity, they may be restricting access to the buses. They just need to tell the driver their ultimate destination.

Expect long lines and delays getting back to the resorts. It might be a couple of hours before getting to bed.

I'm afraid of that and am not surprised. Any thoughts on if Ubers would be charging a surcharge from GF and if they are very available on a peak night?

Also, I would then have to get back to WL from GF-- the boats BACK to MK should be emptier? Would boat from MK to WL still be running after 10:00-11:00pm? I could take monorail to Contemporary, then boat to WL--is that just as time consuming?
thanks!!

Duh!! Well, I was giving thoughts as to the two ways to get to the CR from MK! Forgot they were going to the GF as well as WL! Bus to MK, then boat to GF. I usually find it much faster to take the boat vs the monorail!

Duh!! Well, I was giving thoughts as to the two ways to get to the CR from MK! Forgot they were going to the GF as well as WL! Bus to MK, then boat to GF. I usually find it much faster to take the boat vs the monorail!
To piggy-back on this, from the MK bus depot, do you also think it faster to take the boat to Poly vs the monorail? Thanks.

To piggy-back on this, from the MK bus depot, do you also think it faster to take the boat to Poly vs the monorail? Thanks.
It depends. As you are walking in that direction, you can see if the boat is nearby and if there is a monorail coming in, or just leaving. If the boat is just pulling away, or can be seen on it's way to the GF, then the monorail will probably be faster. But, if the boat is there, and the monorail is leaving, or can be seen at any point before the Polynesian, it's going to be faster to take the boat.
It's almost a 'six of one, half dozen of the other' type thing that has to be discerned as you get there.

It depends. As you are walking in that direction, you can see if the boat is nearby and if there is a monorail coming in, or just leaving. If the boat is just pulling away, or can be seen on it's way to the GF, then the monorail will probably be faster. But, if the boat is there, and the monorail is leaving, or can be seen at any point before the Polynesian, it's going to be faster to take the boat.
It's almost a 'six of one, half dozen of the other' type thing that has to be discerned as you get there.
Thanks.

So even for AKL you have to connect through AK for BB? Sounds like I'm Ubering.

We have a Boma breakfast reservation for 9:30am scheduled for here in a couple weeks. We're staying at the Beach Club and trying to figure out the best way over to AKL in the morning.

LAST YEAR, we also had a Boma breakfast reservation, and we took a bus to AK and then tried to get a bus from there to AKL. It didn't work out so well, and when we went to wait on a AKL bus at AK, some cast members told us the buses weren't running straight to the resorts that early (10am) and we had to wait forever for them to track down a bus that could take us over there.

Is there any easier way?

Last edited:
We have a Boma breakfast reservation for 9:30am scheduled for here in a couple weeks. We're staying at the Beach Club and trying to figure out the best way over to AKL in the morning.

LAST YEAR, we also had a Boma breakfast reservation, and we took a bus to AK and then tried to get a bus from there to AKL. It didn't work out so well, and when we went to wait on a AKL bus at AK, some cast members told us the buses weren't running straight to the resorts that early (10am) and we had to wait forever for them to track down a bus that could take us over there.

Is there any easier way?

Uber or taxi.

Where is the Epcot monorail drop off point (at Epcot)? Thanks.

(More specifically, I'm wondering about how long it would take to take the monorail from CR to TTC to Ep and then walk to Chefs de France.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter