*** Official January 2024 Thread ***

I would really love to do an extra hours event. We will see what the budget allows. I’m thinking of maybe Hollywood Studios. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the parties.

We love the extra hours parties, in fact my kids asked me if we were doing one again this time. At HS, I will say, you shouldn't use it to do Rise, at least not more than once because the entire ride itself eats up a good deal of time. We had a little one with us and couldn't help riding MMRR. We love that ride and he just adored doing it over and over again and then we used it to ride slinky over and over again. We took a few cool pics with Bo Peep and Woody which were fun and colorful shots. We ate lots of snacks before and after and did TSM a few times and then we were going to do Smugglers and then TOT and ROR, but we were a little tired and headed out after Smugglers only because Rise took a little too long, not the queue, but we did have a little delay on the ride and it just take a bit with the pre-show, etc. The lines were still a little long as we were walking in so you have to really maximize the time once everyone leaves. Oh and don't look at the wait times on the boards, I don't recall when they finally updated, but they were still showing the wait times before the crowds left and those weren't accurate but deterred us from going elsewhere at first because we thought there were still lines on a couple of the other rides. We highly recommend it and loved every second of it. We felt the park was completely to ourselves and I was worried it was not going to be so, but it really was!

Hi everyone!!! My daughter and I will be going from January 30th through February 8th. It will be our first time staying at the Poly!!! We are doing a split with there and BLT. Getting close to be able to make our ADR's. So excited. Also can't wait to hear more about the Festival of the Arts. For anyone doing the after hours do you think it is worth it for someone staying at a deluxe since you get extra hours anyway? I'm thinking it isn't worth it just for the treats.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!!! My daughter and I will be going from January 30th through February 8th. It will be our first time staying at the Poly!!! We are doing a split with there and BLT. Getting close to be able to make our ADR's. So excited. Also can't wait to hear more about the Festival of the Arts. For anyone doing the after hours do you think it is worth it for someone staying at a deluxe since you get extra hours anyway? I'm thinking it isn't worth it just for the treats.
Welcome! I added you to the roll call. I actually asked the same question - I think the extra hours events is a lot less people because it's only open to ticketholders. Here's the link to the answer I got: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-after-hours-returns-for-2024.3932878/post-65138367

As we get closer to our date, I have confirmed that we will be getting extra hours for Epcot on our first day. We were planning to make it a rest day as it's a holiday and the crowds on a holiday will be bad from what I have read on crowd calendars. But I'm hoping it won't be too bad? We are planning to go to the park after lunch that day since it will be a late day.

I am considering buying Disney After Hours tickets for Hollywood Studios. My husband and I are big Star Wars fans and I think it will be a fun way to ride Smugglers Run and Rise multiple times! Also Slinky Dog Dash (thinking Toy Story Land will be nicer at night when it's cool).

Welcome! I added you to the roll call. I actually asked the same question - I think the extra hours events is a lot less people because it's only open to ticketholders. Here's the link to the answer I got: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-after-hours-returns-for-2024.3932878/post-65138367

As we get closer to our date, I have confirmed that we will be getting extra hours for Epcot on our first day. We were planning to make it a rest day as it's a holiday and the crowds on a holiday will be bad from what I have read on crowd calendars. But I'm hoping it won't be too bad? We are planning to go to the park after lunch that day since it will be a late day.
Thank you!!!

I booked Hollywood Studios After Hours for 1/24 today. The MK After Hours event is the day we arrive, and I want to do it, too. However, we have a terrible track record with flights, so I am hesitant to book it. Unfortunately, Epcot won't have theirs during our trip. Has anyone had luck with "day of" After Hours ticket purchases?

I knew I wasn’t going to be able to keep my off site hotel reservation LOL

Just modified our trip to 1/13-17 staying at the Swan!

Also got tickets for MK After Hours on the 15th. We went a few years ago and loved it. I remember it being so cold that I almost bought a blanket at one of the shops, hopefully it’s a bit warmer this time.

We also did the extended evening hours over the summer and it’s totally different. There were much less crowds at the After Hours so I’d say it’s worth it for sure.

I knew I wasn’t going to be able to keep my off site hotel reservation LOL

Just modified our trip to 1/13-17 staying at the Swan!

Also got tickets for MK After Hours on the 15th. We went a few years ago and loved it. I remember it being so cold that I almost bought a blanket at one of the shops, hopefully it’s a bit warmer this time.

We also did the extended evening hours over the summer and it’s totally different. There were much less crowds at the After Hours so I’d say it’s worth it for sure.
Hi fellow Swan guest! I've updated the roll call.

I am still debating after hours. We get Extended evening hours for Epcot and MK on our trip, and while I'm really tempted to do Jan 24 at HS - I am not sure it is worth it. It's pricey for the 3 of us, and we have 8 day tickets so will already be going twice to Hollywood studios. (we plan one late entry day and one early entry day). I am also considering Celebration at the Top at California Grill but again, worth it? I wonder if you can still have dinner at California grill and then go see fireworks? We aren't big alcoholic drinkers but the food selection from the review I read looks good. My daughter loves sushi.

I know Celebration and After Hours are two totally different things but I only want to splurge on one if any.

Omg our trips are coming up so soon and with the Holidays coming up everyone will be busy so time will go faster. I purchased my AH ticket for Jan 15th at MK when they were released the other day and have ADRs to book on Thursday. I’m so excited :yay::cheer2::banana:

I’m trying to see if I can arrive on the 14th instead of the 15th but costs too much to change my flight. The hotel won’t be much at all with the AP discount, just that darn flight. 😞

I’m wondering if the extra hours tickets are worth it at HS. I have a trip planned for Jan 8-11th and there is an event. It would be about $335 with taxes I’m sure for the two of us.

Count us in! Jan 21 to Feb 1. We're bringing our grandsons (9,6,4) and their parents for their first time. We'll be in a 2 bedroom at OKW (wanted the space and full kitchen!) then at AKL Jambo for 2 nights, then offisite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for 3.

We'll have 7 or 8 day tickets, hopefully some pool time (we're from Canada, so it will be warm for us!). I'd love to do an after party, but maybe one day when we're not paying for an extra 5 people! LOL

We've bee saving to take them since the 4 yr old wasn't even a thought lol. Kids don't know yet, we'll surprise them at Christmas. Can't wait to experience it with them!

Haven't checked my count down in a few days and just checked it to see I'm in the 70's now!! 78 days. Wow. I'm so close to making my ADR's. It is getting real. I started of at 215 from the first day we booked.

I’m wondering if the extra hours tickets are worth it at HS. I have a trip planned for Jan 8-11th and there is an event. It would be about $335 with taxes I’m sure for the two of us.
I've been debating this as well (there are 3 of us) and with the Canadian dollar being so low, we decided against it. I think if you have a short trip and can eat a lot of snacks then it might be worth it. We have 8 day tickets so plenty of time and so we've decided against booking it. With our luck my teen will complain about being too tired and it will be a waste of money for us. If it was just me and DH on a short trip we'd do it.

Count us in! Jan 21 to Feb 1. We're bringing our grandsons (9,6,4) and their parents for their first time. We'll be in a 2 bedroom at OKW (wanted the space and full kitchen!) then at AKL Jambo for 2 nights, then offisite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for 3.

We'll have 7 or 8 day tickets, hopefully some pool time (we're from Canada, so it will be warm for us!). I'd love to do an after party, but maybe one day when we're not paying for an extra 5 people! LOL

We've bee saving to take them since the 4 yr old wasn't even a thought lol. Kids don't know yet, we'll surprise them at Christmas. Can't wait to experience it with them!
We are also from Canada so looking forward to escaping the cold! I hope you and your family have a lovely time.

I'm booking ADR on Wednesday. So far on my wish list:
-Space 220 Iounge
-Steakhouse 71 (for brunch)
-The Plaza (lunch or dinner)
-Kona Cafe
-The Boathouse
-Ale and Compass
-Tratorria al forno
-Via Napoli
-Raglan Road
-Splitsville

I think the only tough one to get will be Space 220

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter